The sugar beet song

mikealan

Reaction score
There are some lyrics of the sugar beet song found in the Sesame Street Lyric Archive. As you see, it was an old, old live-action short about how sugar was made.

As I remember seeing it as a baby, it was so weird, because it featured background kids going "Beet beet beet sugar beet beet sugar, etc." Then at the end, it featured a man dipping his finger in the vat. As he tasted it, he says, "Sugar!" and the kids sing, "BEET!" loudly.

Do you remember this live short about the process of sugar?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
it was probably the dumbest film songs ever recorded for SS. thought kind of funny as well. i thought they were saying suger bee.

Sunrise

Reaction score
Yes!

The Sugar Beet Song! It ranked right up there with the "Milk" song and the "Busy People" song (remember: busy people, the whole day through, all have got a job to do, doin' things for me and you, help make the world go 'round...) It was NOT a dumb film! I loved all the films that showed various things being made: crayons, saxophones, paper recycling. When I was a kid I used to think if I could just find that same color crayon and hold it up to my eye, I'd be able to see everything the girl in the skit saw!

Klonoa

Reaction score
I liked all those films but I just could not stand the sugar beet song. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't like beets...

--Klonoa

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I liked all those films but I just could not stand the sugar beet song. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't like beets...

--Klonoa
im not sure if beets are the same thing here in australia...are you all talking about that purple vegatable..?
when i was little (and yes, still now) i wasnt sure why they would be singing about sugar and beets in the same song, hmmm..
ill be singing this one all day now, hee, heee..

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
There are some lyrics of the sugar beet song found in the Sesame Street Lyric Archive. As you see, it was an old, old live-action short about how sugar was made.

As I remember seeing it as a baby, it was so weird, because it featured background kids going "Beet beet beet sugar beet beet sugar, etc." Then at the end, it featured a man dipping his finger in the vat. As he tasted it, he says, "Sugar!" and the kids sing, "BEET!" loudly.

Do you remember this live short about the process of sugar?
BTW, The man who tasted the sugar and says "Sugar!" is Aaron Benson.:wink:

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I remember it! The SUGAR! guy really scared me.

BTW sugar beets and the vegetable beets are 2 different things...