1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Swedish Chef is hilarious

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

That is all.

I'm having the WORST day today (and its only 6 am!) so figured I'd find something really ME ish to get me into the right mood for the rest of the day. Inspiration struck me... (and the Chef struck a cake!)

This is actually my all time favorite Chef sketch.

Muppet fan 123, Hayley B and heralde like this.
  2. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

My favorite is the "making donut" sketch.

3. Beauregard

I also LOVE the Meatball sketch.

4. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Reportedly the laughter heard at 0:40 is that of Richard Hunt. However, another article I read is that Richard's laugh was closer to Statler's laugh (which does not sound like the laughing in this video). Hmm, a real mystery.

5. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen that sketch before! That was hilarious! I think my favorite Swedish Chef sketch is the one with the lobsters.

6. SwedishTech

SwedishTech Member

I heard the laugh was Frank Oz, since he and Jim puppetered the Chef together, something landed on one of them or something. Maybe it was Jim. Not sure anymore.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I love the Swedish Chef too. I started to love the Swedish Chef. When I went to grads night at Disney World. I went to go see Muppets 3-D for the first time. This guy from Texas was imitating the Swedish Chef during the pre-show. I thought his imitation was so funny. During the show. The same texan was repeating what the Swedish Chef said once Swedish Chef was talking.

I wanted to see more Swedish Chef sketches after that. He's pretty much my 2nd favorite after Animal when I think of it.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

"Der Feelm is OKEE DOKEE!!!!"

Katzi428 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  9. Beauregard

I was watching the Popcorn sketch with him from The Muppets Youtube channel earlier with my younger brothers and the performance is just GREAT! Good to know he's still creating culinary catastrophes. :hungry:

10. Powerstars

Powerstars Active Member

Yes! I loved that video. "Helloo? *Gasp* Noo!"

11. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

Fifteen - love

12. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

This is going to sound weird. But for a short time I felt guilty about liking The Swedish Chef. There was a guy I liked. When we talked on the phone for the first time he told me his dad came from Sweden when he was 17. So I felt guilty for laughing at . I really this guy to like me! Several months later the subject of The Swedish Chef came up in a chat room.So the guy that I liked said that he thought Chef was funny & mentioned his dad came from Sweden & HE though the Chef was funny too! WHEW!! So I didn't feel guilty anymore.

13. mo

mo Well-Known Member

love swedish chef! why do people always underrate him from his full swedish potential!