1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Time the Muppets Beat Time

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by theprawncracker, Jan 7, 2006.

1. RedDragon

RedDragon New Member

{{{HUGS}}} Lisa and Ryan...good chap
  2. Leyla

Leyla Member

<waves wildly and makes a lot of noise> HEY PEOPLE! Where are you?!
    You're missing a GREAT story here!! Reviews are important to authors, even tiny little two second "liked it!" reviews! No reviews means the authors can feel like no one is reading, no one cares, or no one likes it! That can mean no more story!! So, c'mon! Review! Prawnie and Toga are great writers! Encourage them a bit, will ya?!

<steps off soapbox>
    Um... sorry... but it had to be said.

OOOOH!!!! I loved this so much! You two are a great team, the Lyan team, I suppose. Great story, beloved mentor and Dr. Prawniedew!

HAHAHAHA!!! Dr. Honeydew is so funny through this. He's just so insulated in his own little world. He just can't see the picture beyond the thrill of the science. Poor, poor beaker.

Great line!!! And I love the hostility between Scooter and Clifford.

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Diction lessons! <straightens crown> Perhaps I should start a class... ;)

Yeah, it occurs to me that Scooter might not be the best Muppet to annoy.
    He seems a pretty settled guy for a muppet... which is probably why Kermit trusts him with so much.

Bwahahahahaha!!!! Oh, I love those two!! And they so clearly have no lives at all... I guess I can sympathize with that. ;)

I LOVE Rowlf's sense of humour.

<giggles> Running gags can be so hilarious when they're done right, and you two know how to do things right! The whole irony of Zoot (ZOOT!) trying to say something over and over again and nobody listening is absolutely delicious. Poor guy... I wonder if this happened so often to him, he simply gave up and cut nearly all ties to the world outside of his head and his sax.

Ah, that's so sweet... just a regular everyday... time travelling excluded... conversation between Kermit and Robin. Lisa... your lines?

I'm beginning to think that Floyd is some kind of masochist... I mean, he really just ASKS for it sometimes. I also found it hysterical that no one reacted to that at all. <pictures Floyd just getting up without reacting too>

<giggles> I like this knight guy already. "Fine Freaks." Awesome!

Aw... that's so sweet! I love Beauregard! There's something of honesty in that answer too.

Ha! Love the sashay and the flirting... Piggy can be so funny.

Oh my! I dare say Kermit won't stand for that! Love that his hair length rivals Piggy's... and the line of course! Hah! So funny!

YAY!!! Scrunchiness!! <sigh> I love when he's all jealous and pretending not to be!

<giggles> Oh, Fozzie... why do I get the feeling Kermit isn't really in the mood for that kind of humour right now.

YAY! TMM reference! And have I said yet that I love this knight guy! He's hysterical... love the attitude.

You probably heard my rapturous squeal of joy from all the way over here. Kermie, you wonderful frog, you! Piggy must be on cloud nine!

Where on earth did all this hostility between them originate anyway?

HAH!! "greusomely green"! That's awesome alliteration! It's always fun for me to see someone digging Piggy... boy, the lines this guy is spouting though! No wonder Kermit's jealous!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! <squeals, giggles, bounces!> Oh, perfect!! Everytime I thin I love Piggy as much as I possibly can... somehow you show me a way to love her more! Nice seeing her acting skills get credited too!

<laughs> Great lines, and great commentary for Dr. Teeth. And doesn't it just lead perfectly into a paragraph of frog squirming?

Yep, it does! Oh!!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me!! EEEEEEE!!!! I mean, it's funny and cute and muppety... with just a little bit of an edge to it with all those insinuations and then, hoorah! Kermit rushes to claim Piggy... which is, of course, exactly what she was hoping he'd do!!Yippee!!!

Ooh!! Yayayayayayayay!!!! I love how annoyed Kermit's got to be that Piggy's pulling stunts like this at such a dangerous time.... I mean, they're helplessly bouncing through time and space! And yet, he is there, coming through like the wonderful frog he is! Suh-weet! I also liked the way he looked towards her and not exactly at her. I don't know what that means, but I like how you described that!

I...really have no idea what to say about this, except that it made me laugh soooo much... and also feel very sorry for Beaker. I've been very empathetic for him lately for some strange reason. I LOVE that mosquitoe and her microscopic halo. (Yes, blood sucking mosquitoes are female)

<laughs, bounces, squees> I love Gonzo and Fozzie being Kermit's esquire's here, or, whatever you call those kids. I am also insanely squeally about Gonzo gushing over a painful MWoO costume... that reminds me of something...

... I can't quite put my finger on what this reminds me of...unless, of course, these two wonderful author types are referencing me!!! WWWWWHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!
    <bounces like mad> Yippee!!!

Is... this Pepe talking, or Prawnie? I just get so confused... Anyway, love him angling for a DVD player, and adored the phrase "de sexy lady pig" 'cause it's just so funny. Poor Kermit... he's gonna wish he stayed in bed.

HAHAHAHAhahaHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

Perfect choice to have Sam go over the rules. I love that Kermit's armour is rusting.... and I am very much struggling with the image of Sam "strutting" about with late Kermit's stereo.

Aww... so cute! <waves at Robin!> <giggles at Sam and Kermit>

<happy sigh> So Kermit's about to get his little green tushy kicked and yet he can still almost sorta kinda smile at Robin's faith in him. That's precious.

<laughs> Perfect. If you ever doubt that Sam is as crazy as the rest of them... you shouldn't.

<giggles> Poor Kermit. I love his gentle explanation... and his disadvantages come off sounding so minor... Piggy... you'd better not let him get hurt!

<squees, bounces, giggles> Eeeeee!!! I love it! He's still all jealous! She could well get him killed by playing this game and he's still jealous!!! Yippee!!!! And Gonzo is hilarious, of course!

<giggles> Love the description of Piggy, she is sooo much the instigator of all of this. Definately queen of the world right now! I can just picture how gleeful she is!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, oh, I love it!!! Love it, love it love it!!! Love that she's at least encouraging/flirting with the right knight here... and Kermit's determination and the smile! OOOOOooooooooooooooohhhhhh!!!! He's a pretty sexy frog when he's being all determined like that. No wonder Piggy plays these games.

<giggles> Oh, that's so Kermity! You know, that sarcastic side he has... lovely... and of course I'm sure Piggy is very thankful he's willing enough to be manipulated into displaying some affection/possessiveness of her. Oh... I'm supposed to be worried about him now, aren't I?

<cheers wildly for Kermit!>

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Priceless!!

Ha! Great Piggy thoughts there! I love that she can acknowledge her gracelessness in her own mind at least, where she wouldn't out loud to save her life.

See? <squees!!! Go Piggy!! <is NOT a fangirl!!!!>

Ha! Love Kermit's lack of surprise and the knight's astonishment. (Nicely worded, by the way!

<bounces> Ooooh! Awesome!!! Fantastic!!! <dances>

Heeheeheeheeheehee!!!! Love it! Love Piggy being distracted by her need to swoon over Kermit, and Kermit's quipping... It's sweet, really, and funny... I mean, he can see her flaws... but I dunno, there's something funny and cute about the mockery and the respect mixed together there.

Wheee!! Karate!!! <bounces> Hysterical!! Oh, I love this story!! You know... I think I was actually the person who asked you to do something from the middle ages... or possibly I'm hallucinating, but the point is... yay!!!! I wonder where their next adventure will take them.... <<<<<<<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  3. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

First off, yea! An update!

Second off, after Leyla's quite detailed and long review I don't think there's much more I could say. I really do love it though! Sorry that sounds so canned!

Third off, Leyla, I'm laughing hysterically over all the names you used in your quotes! Way to be ultra-creative!

MORE PLEASE!
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Phew! *Finishes reading through Layla's post.
    You have learned much in the art of author name-calling... Good you done have young student.
    Oh, before forget I... Story more post please soon!
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I have a confession...I kept forgetting, and putting off, the reading of the latest chapter of this fanfic...I don't have an excuse, it was just something that happened. Anyway, last night I begged Toga to give me another chance, and told her that my "Next post!" would be in this thread...

...by this morning my mind had blanked that small MSN conversation out, and I went ahead and posted in The Muppet Dictionary Thread...

...and so now it is time to grovel...

...on my knees...in the dust and dirt and abandoned parahantheses (Oh, there's one there, see? And another ->)...

I can offer a peace offering of my favorite MC gratituitious penguin: :zany:

Or, remove my kidney and have it packaged back to the middle-ages for science?

Or post Sam a sterio?

Ore is made from iron...or visa versa.

Or I could simply post and say, "Lyan! I love you two and beg your fogiveness!!!"

Bea:hasgivensmilieaway:regard
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*grabs Beau's penguin and runs away*
  7. Beauregard

Darn you Cracker!
  8. theprawncracker

MWoO ha ha ha!!
  9. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Hey, who let the cow in here?
    Anyway, my excuse, (or lack there of), is much the same is Beau's. Also, sometimes when I did see it as last updated, it had neither of Lyan's names on it, so I figured it was not an actual update, (no offense to anyone else). So you see, it isn't because I don't love you guys or this story; it is because I do love it so much that I won't settle for anything less! Anyway, I apologyze.
    I loved the chapter, anthe scene with Fozzie, Gonzo and Sam before the fight, as well as when Piggy started fighting, were especially funny! The mosquito biting the kidney was chilling, and I hope it was for good instead of evil. Sure Leyla, blood-sucking mosquitoes are female, but do magical, archangelic blood-sucking mosquitoes also have to be female?
    I really love this so far. Can't wait for more!
  10. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

<taps foot and glares at Beau> Yeah, you'd BETTER grovel, Mr. I-signed-on-right-after-it-was-posted-and-was-too-good-to-click-the-link-Lisa-sent-me-to-just-read-it-right-away-instead-of-procrastinating-for-several-days... Not that I'm BITTER or ANYTHING about that... <Glares.>
  11. Java

Java Active Member

I have finally read all that you all have posted of this story and anxiously await more. Along with all the other fan-fics on the board...

Good job guys, really ready to see the next chapter already!
  12. The Count

Well... I say you don't let Bo off this time until he's posted an update to his stories.

*Looking over at Lisa... And what's your excuse young lady? Still waiting to hear those ear-splitting squees from you in Muppet Family Gathering.

That, and for Ryan to get out from under that mountain of homework and post the next chapter here.
  13. Java

Java Active Member

Well, this is going to sound bad, but since Lisa hasn't reviewed your Muppet Family Gathering it makes me feel better. I thought that she was avoiding mine since she hadn't commented on the end of Breaking Back In or on The Great Desire.
  14. Beauregard

Hey, Java, did I mention that I read half of The Great Desire in one sitting? And am planning on getting the next half finished in time to comment sometime.
  15. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Yeah and she hasn't commented on my latest Rowlf story either. And she loves Rowlf!

Just teasing Lisa, I know you're crazy with school right now.
  16. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Just right now? I'm ALWAYS crazy! Hehe.

Ed, my excuse is that I'm not just a chapter behind in your story- I'm THE WHOLE STORY behind! It's very overwhelming, you see...

And, Java, Beth... <meek> I've been reading, really! And I love both of your stories! But I haven't replied, and I'm very sorry for that, and... I... I can't quite put my finger on it but right when I got back from Israel I sort of got into this phase of reading without commenting... and I'm still trying to pull myself out of it... <<<<<<<<<<Hugs>>>>>>>>>> in the mean time...

Muffins, anyone?
  17. The Count

No thanks... Just some milk please. Hope to chat with my friends later, maybe you guys can help me solve this creative blah I got going on.
  18. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Well, I'll take a choc chip muffin and some ice-cold milk... But I'd much rather have more story! Please?
  19. theprawncracker

No, it is not TIME for more of The TIME the Muppets Beat TIME. It's just TIME for me to bump the thread so it doesn't get lost in the endless amount of TIME that has been spent bumping theads.

...TIME!
  20. The Count

Yes... Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Noone knows.
    If so I haven't really time enough to try.
    Noone cares.
    If so I can't really imagine why.
    Oh noooo...

17 passages of time engrossed in my favorite pasttime.