The Together Book

P

Princeton

"The Together Book" is this great Little Golden Book that I found at a Goodwill-esque place. The copyright is 1971! That means that SS was on the air for 2 years when this book was made. The illustrations were done by Roger Bradfield; did he ever work for CTW? The reason that I ask is because the illustrations are done in such a way that they look like early conceptual drawings. If anybody has any other info on this, let me know. Thanx!

P

Princeton

I just went on the Little Golden Books website. They have a search engine on there, and I typed in the title of this book; however, it came up with nothing! At first, I thought this was because it's such an old book, but I noticed that they have classic books such as "The Good Humor Man", so, so much for that theory. Anyway, I would really like to find out more about this book, so anyhelp would be appreciated.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I remember that book. It was a great read but I remember the pictures did contradict with the show. For instnace, instead of Big Bird's nest around the corner of 123, it had (if I remember) some sort of shop. I forget right now, it's a while since I read it last.

Censored

Reaction score
Another curious thing about The Together Book is that, although many Sesame Street Muppets are shown, none of them are named. The humans are also conspicuously absent from the street scenes as well. Great book though!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, in many SS books don't have humans though there are those which did.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
That's right. In fact, one example is The Sesame Street ABC Storybook where only one story, The Fable Of Fat Fireman Foster, has any humans. They being the narrator and the audience.