The Toyota Highlander Ad--and What it Means for The Muppets

hehehe

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So..my first exposure to the Muppets Super Bowl ad was last night. I avoided spoilers, I clicked on "Skip ad" with a vengeance when it popped up on Youtube, just so i could enjoy it for the first time last night.
And I did...save for one little thing.
That ending gag. It raises SO many questions:
TERRY: "There were singing vegetables! And chickens!"
KERMIT: "Yeah--happens to me all the time."
Soooo wait. Does this mean the entire Muppet franchise is a delusion of an insane frog's mind? Was the Muppet Movie just Kermit sitting on his lillypad staring ahead? Does Sesame Street not exist either? Not to mention The Muppet Show! And when we fans ask for more Mupppet stuff, are we contributing to his illness?
This has made me question whether I should be a Muppet fan.
Discuss.
(Please let me know if I've broken forum rules with any words.
(Full disclaimer: I am not truly questioning my fandom, :smile:)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
My guess is that he just wasn't as impressed as Terry Crews was.

hehehe

Reaction score
You got all that from the last line of the commercial? What led you to believe Kermit is an insane frog?
At the end of the commercial, we see terry Crews standing in his driveway, half naked, with NO OTHER MUPPETS in sight. Kermit comes up, hears what he says, and then says, "I get that all the time." Terry has cauht Kermit's insanity.
Unless I'm reading this wrong.
Slackbot, oh i am. I just thought it would be an interesting discussion. (BTW, how DO they eat and breathe up on the SOL, anyway? :wink:)

Peace

Reaction score
Of course, if we follow the usual assumption of The Muppets being working actors, in-universe this is just another gig, so it doesn't really change anything.

hehehe

Reaction score
Of course, if we follow the usual assumption of The Muppets being working actors, in-universe this is just another gig, so it doesn't really change anything.
That's true enough, I guess. :smile:

hehehe

Reaction score
That's my feeling too. I don't get this weird thing about it all being a dream, either.

My take was that Kermit is completely desensitized to that kind of chaos. I believe the expression is "For me, it was a Tuesday."

That could be. Seems I'm the only one who had the St. Elsewhere style thought. Fair enough. :smile: