The "True Story" Thread

ngreen522

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It seems like something funny, embarrassing, or down right sad is happening to me everyday. I know I can't be the only one who experiences this. I think there should be a thread where we can post this stuff (I searched, but couldn't find one). So Here it is!

Everybody's got stories weather hilarious, embarrassing, or sad. It either happened to you, or someone close to you. Feel free to let it out here! I'll start with the nonsense that happened to me today.

True Story - I had to go into a federal building today, and you know how they can be when it comes to security and verifying your identity before you can get past the foyer. I put my purse on the conveyer belt so it could be scanned by the x-ray machine thing. The security guard tells me, "You can't enter with food, M'am". (I had to think for a second, but I was pretty sure I didn't have any food in my purse) So I said, "I don't have any food." Then the guard said, “You have bananas in your bag." (BANANAS? ! ? ! .... I knew I didn't have any bananas.) So I said, "Sir, I don't have any bananas in my purse!" and he said, "You do, you have them stuffed on the side!" ...... So, I opened my purse and said "Look, I don't have any bananas...." The guard pointed to his monitor and said " This says you have bananas and I can see right here ....." So then he looked closer at the picture, and then looked in my bag. What he and the computer thought were bananas were actually my extra pair of shoes. :smirk: And after all of that, I still wasn't allowed in the building because I had a bottle of water.

... It wasn't funny while it was happening, but when I left, I bussed out laughing. ..... Bananas? ! ? !

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow, that''s ridicules that the machine picked it up as bananas! :crazy: :zany: :coy:

armslength

Reaction score
I can't hear you - i've got a banana on my foot! (Talk about slippers!)