the twelve stones in the desert

mikealan

Reaction score
Hi guys! I watched the twelve stones in the desert today on 123 Sesame Street. It is shown on this episode where Zoe calls her rock "Rocko" and wants to see a movie about the number twelve, so it shows us the old claymation about the number twelve. Here's how it went:

First, we see a rock with eyes and mouth saying, "Twelve!" Then it melts down and Zoe stops for a halt, because she wants to see Rocko in it and making Elmo angry, because he wants to say the number of the day. Next, it fades to a clock counting the seconds up to twelve until the "12" rings. Now, the big "12" grows as the man's voice off-screen says, "Twelve!" Then, many rocks appear and they will count up to twelve. Afterwards, twelve stones appear as they count to twelve and all of the other stones cheer. Now, twelve stones form the number twelve as they count up to twelve and Zoe points to the number twelve, but I remembered the "12" in stones transform into the original "12" and suddenly disappears. I was very disappointed when Unpaved never showed this claymation on #162, but I'm glad to see it on 123, but Zoe stops for a halt for Rocko and she points the number of the day.

Do you remember seeing this old claymation?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course I remember seeing this sketch back in the days when I had better vision. And you're right, the stone 12 transformed back into the original white marble 12 from the beginning and then sank into the sands below. From other MC'ers, I understand that this sketch was made by the man Jim Henson himself.
Have a happy holidays.

Splurge

Reaction score
This stop-motion animation does look like it has Jim Henson's fingerprints on it. :smile:

My New Year's resolution. No more silly puns for me like that...... for the remainder of 2002, anyway.

ssetta

Reaction score
Was this segment ever shown on #162?

roadrat15

Reaction score
I DO remember this skit! When i was young ,the voices and the moving rocks freaked me out a little; now it's another showcase of Jim's genius!