The Twiddlebugs are back!

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
Yep. It's true. I saw on today's episode 4125, that the Twiddlebugs have returned. During the Ernie skit, Steve Whitmire's Ernie was checking what the Twiddlebugs were up to, just like Jim's Ernie in the old days. Well although they are back, get this. They are now computer animated, and are no longer puppets. I'm not sure who does the voice for the father now. I know Jim Henson originally did the voice, but I couldn't tell who it was. It was a very close match though. It's good to see theyr'e back after a 16 year absense. But I do however prefer them in their original puppet form.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, the Twiddlebugs can be seen in the Elmo's World segment Elmo's World of Bugs where he askes where do certain bugs live, he askes where Twiddlebugs live, and yes they were puppets then.

I didn't care for them being computer animated, that sort of killed it for me.

As for voices: Joey Mazzarino did Papa Twiddlebug, Fran Brill did Mama and Son Twiddlebug, but I can't tell who did Daughter Twiddlebug.

BEAR

Reaction score
Funny, I was just thinking of the Twiddlebugs the other day. I was at a book store buying the new Kevin Clash book and there was this whole little area with Sesame Street stuff. There were journals and notebooks, bookmarks, plush toys, etc. There were also Twiddlebug clips. It was crazy because I never would have expected to see any current Twiddlebug products. I think the latest thing I've ever seen before that was the Twiddlebug that was part of the SS Beanie set. Very neat to see.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So you guys know... The Twiddlebugs main family have names, from the coloring book The New Who's Who On Sesame Street.

The father or blue Twiddlebug is Thomas.
The violet mom is Tessie.
The small orange son is Teddy.
And the red daughter is Tina.

Hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Twiddlebugs were always great characters. Very classic. It's nice to see they've made a comeback but not so sure about the CG thing. I'll have to see it. I wonder why they chose to do that rather than just use the puppets.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I found the CG thing to destracting for to what was acctually happening. For me anyway. It just though me off. I hope the kids like it.