The Twiddlebugs are back!

Xerus

Reaction score
Did you notice that the Twiddlebugs don't live in a milk carton anymore? Their home is now a Chinese takeout box.

Xerus

Reaction score
Did you notice that the Twiddlebugs still had that upside down George Washington stamp still stuck on their wall?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Did you notice that the Twiddlebugs don't live in a milk carton anymore? Their home is now a Chinese takeout box.
That felt as least as distracting as the bugs' CGI look (or was it Claymation?): the same milk carton might not last for thirty-odd years, but the sketch designer could have used a newer one at least.

ISNorden

Reaction score
CookieCountDawn said:
Great news that the Twiddlebugs are back! :excited:
*nods* Even though I didn't like the look of their new home, I was glad to see some classic characters officially return to the Street (Elmo's World and crowd scenes don't count as a return, in my opinion).

Drtooth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Funny, I was just thinking of the Twiddlebugs the other day. I was at a book store buying the new Kevin Clash book and there was this whole little area with Sesame Street stuff. There were journals and notebooks, bookmarks, plush toys, etc. There were also Twiddlebug clips. It was crazy because I never would have expected to see any current Twiddlebug products. I think the latest thing I've ever seen before that was the Twiddlebug that was part of the SS Beanie set. Very neat to see.
Actually, a Twiddle bug was the chase figurine in the Japanese block figure Kubricks set of Sesame Street.

I liked seeing them, but I didn't like the CGI. I like how they did remember the upside-down George Washington stamp...

But the thing was replacing puppets with CGI is what I've been fearing SW would do for the last couple years now. Now, I don't expect a wide-spread revamping of everyone, but I would feel more comfortable if they used the Henson "Waldo" system (that is, a virtual puppet that is controlled by conventional means, but it's a CGI creature).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Now that I've seen this on You Tube I can comment on it. I thought it was real good, very much like the old Twiddlebug sketches. As for the CGI, I guess it was okay though I didn't care much for Thomas's mustache. The new voices were really good though. You can hardly tell that it wasn't the original puppateers. I liked the plot too. It reminded me of the time Big Bird and Snuffy tried to take a picture of both of them together.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I saw this over at TP and I have to admit, I thought it was really really good. Okay, so it's not puppetry, but I'm always so surprised by these strong aversions to technology and CG Animation. :confused: It was cool that they [the Twiddlebugs] even used a digital camera as well. The voices were perfect too IMHO. If I have one complaint, it's the father's mustache. :stick_out_tongue:

EDIT: Here's the link.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Still haven't seen/witnessed it though. Will report when I have.