1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Twiddlebugs are back!

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by SesameStreetFan, Sep 18, 2006.

1. DTWolf Member

I don't dislike CGI per se--in many shows/movies I love it. It just makes my hackles rise to see characters that were originally puppets turn CGI on Sesame Street, particularly since I can't imagine any need to make the switch.

But, as I said in the Sesame Street season 37 thread, I did enjoy the skit. It was well done and I laughed despite my instant horror of the (perceived) desecration of the CGI switch.

And, oh yeah, I agree the voices were great.
  2. BradFraggle Member

I have two questions...
    • Who are the new performers of the twiddlebug family?
    • Is this traditional computer animation (like Pixar's stuff) or is some kind of digital performance system (like what's used for Waldo C. Graphic, "Elmo's World" and "Frances")?
  3. scarecroe Active Member

Actually, that's incorrect. Whoever put together that version of Who's Who didn't have their work proofread. Here's the correct list of names...

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Twiddlebugs
  4. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Pretty soon, all digital cameras will be that small!!
    That's what I thought too. I don't remember the originals too much, but what I heard when I watched that clip sounded right. And yeah, mustache on the father was funny-lookin'.
  5. Dil Guest

Yes, I saw a video clip of the new Twiddlebug Scene, and the Twiddelbugs aren't in Muppet Form, instead they are computer graphiced.
    Plus, Thomas Twiddlebug now has a mustache.

Sorry, I'm getting more in a mood to something else.
    That's why I don't post often anymore.
  6. BEAR Active Member

What do you mean, Dil?
  7. TheJimHensonHour New Member

you know I hate cgi as much as everyone else who hates it but this! This I love they got that muppet look down perfectly!! They look almost claymation it's so wonderfull and I hope they do more of the twiddle bugs now!
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

GGI huh? well.... :confused: thats kinda cool i guess even tho i prefer the puppets/muppets version! :) BUT ....glad to have em back! can someone YOUTUBE it for us? :zany:
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Oops....nevermid...found it myself on the Muppet Wiki here it is....

:smirk:
  10. ISNorden Active Member

Thanks, just added to my faves list. *high-5*
  11. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

The Twiddlebugs were also seen in CGI form in Sesame Street 4D Movie Magic(not the family, bu two anonymous purple and yellow ones)
  12. Ilikemuppets New Member

That sound cool.
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I WISH i could see Sesame Street 3D/4D... but its in Universal studios and in japan! *sigh* MAYBE it will show up here in the states at Sesame Place in PA? one can ONLY hope! :halo: is it on YouTube by any chance? :) ;)
  14. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I WISH i could see Sesame Street 3D/4D... but its in Universal studios and in japan! *sigh* MAYBE it will show up here in the states at Sesame Place in PA? one can ONLY hope! is it on YouTube by any chance?

That might be possible, as SW just formed some sort of partnership with Busch Entertainment(which owns the Sesame Place park, which I've never been to)...and from what I read, the deal said something about 4D film attractions, so yeah.

I've seen it, but thought it could have been a lot better than what I saw. It was about the SS gang(BB, CM, Elmo, B/E, OTG, G and Zoe) "imagining" movies after the film projector broke. Cookie and Oscar's dream sequences are what I found quite amusing :p

But as I said, could have been much better IF, 1) It was made entirely in Japan and 2) The plot would have been about the characters(inc. the eight I mentioned) going into a director(played by an actor)'s studio and as they look around, they start to play around with props, sets, etc to make their own films. And, they could bring back Sam the Robot in a spoof of Star Wars that they come up with. Also could make references to films like JAWS, Psycho and so on...