The upcoming year

Moran9969

Reaction score
I know that Palisades has decided to put the 2005 line-up exclusively to online dealers and what-not, and they have said that there will be figures in the upcoming year. But have they actually established what the new figures will be after series 9? For a good while we knew what would be in Series 7, 8 and 9 and that was about summer of 2003. Here we are in the holiday season of 2004, and we don't really know what we are gonna get from Palisades next year. I'm a little worried that we won't be seeing much more of our favourite action figures after this year is up.

T

timrikthegorf

We know about over half of the figure for 2005.

Sal (possibly 3)

Robin (possibly 3)

Uncle Dealy

Frog Scout Leader Kermit with scout 2 pack (the scout is more than a pack in, it's a real figure)

Rizzo and Gonzo two pack from MTI

All of these have a place to be sold.

Then there are:

Muppet Babies (at least Kermit and Piggy are done and should be released)

The 3 Vet's Hospital figures

There are suppose to be over a dozen figures in 2005. Hopefully one will be Bobo.

caper

Reaction score
Will they ever release the Standard Gonzo, which is the sweater vest one??

Will EBgames.com carry these 2005 figures??

T

timrikthegorf

It is possible that that Gonzo will be released, but I seriously doubt it. We have 2 "standard" Gonzo's already. TMS version and MT modern version. I would like a Sweater Vest one though. That's the one I remember most from GMC, MTM, and MFC.

EBgames will not carry them in 2005 unless there is a retail release. In 2005 there are no plans that we know of to release the muppet figures in a series like 1-9. They will be released via online retailers as exclusives, Palisades Direct, and con exclusives through the collector's club.

Frog Scout Leader KErmit and the Frog Scout 2 pack will be a convention exclusive and sold via the Collector's Club

MTI Gonzo and Rizzo two pack with their hats and swords are also a con exclusive.

I believe UD is going to be an online retail exclusive.

If you want the muppets figure you really should join the Collector's Club if you haven't already.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Updates.

Here's what we know so far to date.

MTI Gonzo and Rizzo 2-Pack will be the exclusive available at Wizard World LA 2005 and through the CC.
Frog Scout Leader Kermit and his Frog Scout will be the exclusive available at Wizard World Philadelphia 2005 and through the CC.
There'll be two differently painted Frog Scouts. The default blue Frog Scout was designed by Warrick based on Gawain Frog from The Frog Prince. The variant green Frog Scout was designed to look like Norman the Frog from the Frog Scout troop which appeared on the Debbie Harry TMS episode.
Uncle Deadly will be a potential Spring 2005 online retailer exclusive, which has yet to be announced but he has indeed found an online retailer home.
Sal Manilla will be an online retailer exclusive potentially in Summer 2005, though his home hasn't been secured as of yet.
Robin the Frog, the seated version, has found a home with an exciting never-discussed possibility though we don't yet know what it'll be.

And Ken has said that there might be a group of figures that could potentially be technically called Series 10, though he isn't even telling us any hints as to what it may be.

Oh, and make sure you guys get Toy Fare Issue #89 for the month of December 2004, cause there'll be a possible landmark announcement in their pages that'll knock off our socks.

Whatever

Reaction score
The Count said:
There'll be two differently painted Frog Scouts. The default blue Frog Scout was designed by Warrick based on Gawain Frog from The Frog Prince. The variant green Frog Scout was designed to look like Norman the Frog from the Frog Scout troop which appeared on the Debbie Harry TMS episode.
As I understand it, it's the same sculpt, different colors.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and as I understand it, it's the difference in color that makes all the difference between both characters.

Whatever

Reaction score
I've never seen the Frog Prince, so I can't verify that.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Muppet Babies (at least Kermit and Piggy are done and should be released)
I thought the Muppet Babies were dropped, and I've never seen pictures of these sculpts, where can I find them?