The Weaverbird song

Rosewood

Reaction score
I know this has been brought up on other threads, but I just thought I'd bring it up again due to the fact that I have a question about it. I've been looking for this forever, along with the "Rock-a-bye-Baby" song (sung to the film of the Koala bear), and the "Up, Up, and Away!" sketch (where the 2 boy AM's are both trying to get a girl AM to go up in the air with them, one in a balloon, one in an airplane). If anyone knows what episodes these were shown on, I would really appreciate the info.! But feel free to use this thread to share your memories about these sketches as well!:smile:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi- I do remember the "Build, little weaverbird" song! I'd love to hear it again.

I don't remember the "Up, Up and away" skit, but my brother says he does remember at least one moment. At one point, a boy and girl muppet are riding together in the balloon, when it suddenly "pops" and the pair start drifting downward! I don't think he remembers the other guy wanting the girl to go up in an airplane. If anyone has a better memory of this skit, please post here - I'd like to get an idea of exactly how it turned out!

Rosewood

Reaction score
this is the basic skit.......

sesameguy said:
Hi- I do remember the "Build, little weaverbird" song! I'd love to hear it again.

I don't remember the "Up, Up and away" skit, but my brother says he does remember at least one moment. At one point, a boy and girl muppet are riding together in the balloon, when it suddenly "pops" and the pair start drifting downward! I don't think he remembers the other guy wanting the girl to go up in an airplane. If anyone has a better memory of this skit, please post here - I'd like to get an idea of exactly how it turned out!
From the top of my head, this is how I remember it: 2 guys are each trying to impress a girl and get her to choose them to go out with. One has a hot-air balloon, the other has an airplane. The one with the air baloon starts to sing "Would you like to ride in my beautifull balloon?" and, because of the "seranade", she picks him. They go up in the balloon while the song continues, and the guy with the airplane takes off into the air as well (just with no girl). Once all of them are airborn, the baloon song keeps going, with the guy in the airplane still trying to impress the girl buy doing stunts in the far background. As the song ends, the airplane guy get a bit to close to the balloon and they collide.
The propellor on the plane pops the balloon, and the basket starts to fall. But all ends well due to some quick thinking on the airplane guy's part. He does a fast loop-de-loop and swoops under the falling couple just in time to catch them in his plane. The skit ends showing all three flying away in the plane as it crosses the screen!:stick_out_tongue: