The Wedding of the Year Seating Chart

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I'm working on a little project - creating al listing of the characters that appear at the wedding at the end of The Muppets take Manhattan. I've watched the segment a lot (pausing on almost every frame in the sequence with my DVD player) trying to create a listing of all the characters there (and where). But I've run into a few problems. 1) My TV is not big/clear enough for me to get a clear view of some of the characters in the long shots, and the close ups of the audiance does not show all parts of the crowd. 2) A few I can make out, but I don't know every muppet by name, some I just know as "Dog" or "Rat" (some may not have names, but some I just don't know thier's). I've looked in many character listings to help with those characters on the "tip-of my tounge" (like Kermitage.com and whatnot) but I can't find them all.

Below is the listing as I could get it. Character I can not make out (they look like little blurs in the long shot I've marked with (???). I figured out how many characters there are in each row (or at least I think I did), I just can't make all the characters out (or have any clue what they are). If you can help fill in the unknown characters that currently have (???) I've appreciate it.

Characters with titles in parentheses are characters I can make out but don't know there name; like (Male Frog) or (Chicken). If you can help fill in any of the gaps, or have any corrections of character I miss stated please feel free to share. Together we can make a compleate listing of all the characters.

I would like to at least get rid of all the (???) characters, if not get a perfect listing of who was at the wedding. So if you could lend a hand get out your DVD or VHS copy of Muppets Take Manhattan, jump to the end scene and help see if you can spot any of the characters I can't figure out - Thanks. I guess the best way to post an addition/correct is just post the updated row (give the side and the row # - if you can't give the whole row fill in the parts you can and leave the (???) and () characters). Let's see if we can figure the whole thing out!

The Groom's Side
Right Side of Church (screen left) - Row 1 is front, row 12 is back. Characters listed from closest to center aisle outward.

1. Rizzo, Yolanda, Camilla, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter
2. (Male Rat), (Female Rat), Floyd, (Male Rat) Janice, Zoot, Dr. Teeth, Animal
3. Norman, Robin (Female Frog) Gill, Jill, Bill, (Frog)
4. (Male Frog), (Feale Frog), (Female Frog), Miss Appleby, (Male Frog), (Female Frog), (Male Frog)
5. Swedish Chef, Lew Zeland, Bunsen, Beaker, Beaureguard
6. (Dog), (Dog), (Dog), (Dog), (Dog)
7. (Dog), Barkersville the Hound, (Dog), (Dog), (???)
8. (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???)
9. (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???)
10. Sam Eagle, Newsman, Marvin Suggs, Pops, Bubba, (???), (???), (???)
11. Crazy Harry, Bobby Bensen,(???), Muppy, Lips
12. (???), Gaffer the Cat, Gramps, (???), (???), (???)

The Bride's Side
Left Side of Church (screen right) - Row 1 is front, row 12 is back. Characters listed from closest to center aisle outward.
1. (Male Bear), Traveling Matt, (Female Bear), Bear, (Female Bear), (Female Bear),
2. (Male Pig), Link Hogthrob, Julius Stragepork, (Male Pig) (Female Pig) (Male Pig)
3. (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???)
4. (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), Mahna Mahna, Luncheon Counter Monster
5. (Chicken), (Chicken), (Chicken), (Chicken), (Chicken), (Chicken)
6. (???), Snowth, (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???)
7. (Baby), (Baby), (Baby), (Old Lady), (Old Lady), (Old Lady)
8. (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???)
9. Sherlock Hemlock, (???), Two-Headed Monster, (???), (???)
10. Homer, Forgetful Jones, (???), (???), (???), (???), (???)
11. Ernie, Bert, Sully, Biff, Ingrid, Fat Blue, Guy Smiley, Telly
12. Cookie, Count, Grover, Oscar, Grungetta, Herry, Buster, Big Bird

maxdrive

Reaction score
i thoguth they were old men int he song the voices sound male whent hey talk about years going by

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I can't make always make out what row and positoncharacters are in - but I could pick out some you didn't mention:

Bride's Side

Uncle Deadly is in the row just behind the pigs (3rd?)

I don't think that Mahna Mahna is their in the close up shot - but the does seem to be their in the long shot.

Beside the chickens is one of the Kozebanians, the Drum type one from the Four Fazzoobs(?) and the Flower Eating Monster

Groom's Side

Hilda (Wardrobe Lady) is definatley there (You can see her when Sam, Newsman, Crazy Harry and Pops sing their lines) and I think is between rows 10 andd 12

Also around their is the Gorilla (Quango?)

Also, I think you have Pops in the wrong place - he seems to be behind the Newsman rather than in the same row. It seems to go Newsman then Bubba.

Hope this helps, let me know if you don't understand it.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
GW; I wish I had as much patience as you!!! :wink: Anyway, the link you posted with the old lady in is good but the old lady was re-used in MFS in the Brick House bit; dont know if it's supposed to be a man or woman there but I thought it was a man. Still it's obviously a woman in the pic.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why all the Sesame Street characters were on the bride's side. They would know Kermit better than they know Piggy, so you'd think they'd be on his side.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Also on the Groom's side are two "Sex & Violence" birds Whaddayasay Bird and Forcryingoutloud Bird.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
After watching it for a 1,000th, time trying to get the chart down I noticed that some things change from shot to shot. For example in the mid-shots of the aisle when Piggy and Kermit enter there are large bird-like creatures clearly peaking out of the 10th row on the groom's side. Yet in all the long shots these bright colored creatures are not there. Likewise Mahna Mahna appears, some Honkers are added, and some more characters jump in and out in a few shots. The Row with the chickens (Bride's 5th) clearly has only 6 chickens in it when shown in close up, but in all the long shots (and close-ups from other angles) some more characters are added to the end of the row. So to make this easier and clear. The chart is going to be based on the long shot's seating arangement; although the close-ups are usally the same some things changed, and due to that the long-shot (which with a few exceptions fits perfectly with what is seen the most) is what I'm creating this chart off of.
---

And now an updated list (some characters added or placement corrected, but still some gaps); if you have any corrections/additions please post)

The Groom's Side
Right Side of Church (screen left) -
Row 1 is front, row 12 is back. Characters listed from closest to center aisle outward.

1. Rizzo, Yolanda, Camilla, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter
2. (Male Rat), (Female Rat), Floyd, (Male Rat) Janice, Zoot, Dr. Teeth, Animal 3. Norman, Robin (Female Frog) Gill, Jill, Bill, (Frog)
4. (Male Frog), (Feale Frog), (Female Frog), Miss Appleby, (Male Frog), (Female Frog), (Male Frog)
5. Swedish Chef, Lew Zeland, Bunsen, Beaker, Beaureguard
6. (Dog), (Dog), (Dog), (Dog), (Dog)
7. (Dog), Barkersville the Hound, (Dog), (Dog), (???)
8. (???), (???), (???), (Sheep), (Racoon), (???)
9. (Dog), (Dog), (Deer), (Goat), (Rabbit)
10. Sam Eagle, Newsman, Marvin Suggs, Bubba, (???), George the Janitor, (???), (???), Jerry
11. Crazy Harry, Bobby Bensen, Pops, Hilda Muppy, Lips
12. (???), Gaffer the Cat, Gramps, (???), (???), (???)

The Bride's Side
Left Side of Church (screen right) - Row 1 is front, row 12 is back. Characters listed from closest to center aisle outward.
1. (Male Bear), Traveling Matt, (Female Bear), Bear, (Female Bear), (Female Bear),
2. (Male Pig), Link Hogthrob, Julius Stragepork, (Male Pig) (Female Pig) (Male Pig)
3. (Female Pig), (Male Pig), (Female Pig), (Female Pig), (Male Pig), (Male Pig)
4. (???), (???), Uncle Deadly, (Fazoob), (Female Koozbanian), (???), Mahna Mahna, Luncheon Counter Monster
5. (Chicken), (Chicken), (Chicken), (Chicken), (Chicken), (Chicken), (Male Koozbanian), (Fazoob), Droop
6. (???), Snowth, (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), (???), Mildred
7. (Baby), (Baby), (Baby), (Old Lady), (Old Lady), (Old Lady)
8. (???), (???), (???), (Dinger), (Honker), (???), (???) (???)
9. Sherlock Hemlock, (???), Two-Headed Monster, (???), (???)
10. Homer, Forgetful Jones, (???), (Fat blue), (Honker), (Honker), (???)
11. Ernie, Bert, Sully, Biff, Ingrid, Guy Smiley, Telly
12. Cookie, Count, Grover, Oscar, Grungetta, Herry, Buster, Big Bird