1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Weekly Poll #10

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 26, 2012.

?

Which second-generation Muppet Performer do you most admire?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2012.
Pam Arciero 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Kevin Clash 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Brian Henson 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Noel MacNeal 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Karen Prell 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Marty Robinson 0 vote(s) 0.0%
David Rudman 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Steve Whitmire 8 vote(s) 66.7%

1. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

And again, this applies to those who are still involved with the Muppets today, either regularly or semi-regularly (and yes, I say Henson Alternative is part of the Muppets).

In all honesty, Steve has my up-most admiration and respect, because that was such a daunting take for him to take over Kermit after Jim's untimely death.
  2. heralde Well-Known Member

I picked Karen Prell, I really loved her story about how she was unsure if she could play the loud and confident Red but really ended up making the character her own. Very inspirational. :excited:
  3. Princeton Active Member

Roll your eyes if you must,but I picked Kevin Clash. He absolutely is the most versatile of the options in the poll. From Craniac to Clifford to Polly Lobster to Hoots the Owl, he's much more than a furry red monster.
  4. Beakerfan Active Member

It's a toss-up between Steve and Kevin. I greatly admire both of them.
  5. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

This basically. It has to be challenging to take over a character that everyone knows and loves and expects certain things from.
    jackdelayne likes this.
  6. jackdelayne Member

I chose Kevin... after seeing the film 'Being Elmo', I just feel he is an awesome guy and I really admire him for having a dream as a little boy and pursuing it to it's completion. Also, the way he helps others to achieve their dreams. He's a real quality guy!
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

I did finally get to see the Being Elmo documentary. (Thanks Netflix...and Tough Pigs for mentioning that it was on Netflix, lol).

Now I am a critic of Elmo's World and I still stand by that. But I did greatly enjoy this documentary. Kevin's story is truly an inspiration for any kid with a dream and any young adult dealing with the highs and lows of the business. It goes to show you can't let the occasional set back get you down. :)

And I will say, I loved it when Elmo was narrating the home movie for Kevin's baby, that was adorable. :laugh:

And of course I'm very happy Richard Hunt got so much attention. To be honest I'm always afraid some less than savvy interviewer will make some snide comment about Richard giving the future star Elmo away, but thankfully Richard is treated with a lot of respect here. ;)
  8. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Steve Whitimire is Wembley Fraggle, Rizzo, Bean, and the voice of kermit after Jim's death.
    Kevin is Baby and Elmo. I like all of these characters but Steve is better by a hair.