1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Weekly Survey

Discussion in 'Games' started by That Announcer, May 27, 2005.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

1. Do you believe in superstition?
    I believe superstition exists but I don't give any credit to it, lol.

2. Have you ever been in a hold up?
    Unfortunately I was mugged once.

3. What is your beverage of choice?
    Cherry Pepsi, but I should cut down, lol.

4. What is your current obsession?
    See my avatar, lol.

5. Who is you absolute favorite Muppet at this point in time?
    I'll go with Janice, fer sure. :flirt:

6. What would you do if you won the lottery?
    Get my own place, hehe.

7. Did you ever have an actual piggy bank growing up?
    I did but I wasn't too good at keeping track.

8. Got anything planned for this week?
    Going to work, writing more blog entries.

9. Have you ever wished you were dead?
    That's pretty pointless.

10. What are these dead minnows doin' on my pizza pie?
    "You put anchovies on this pizza and you're in big trouble, OK?!"

11. Doritos?
    Cool ranch flavor, always a nostalgic favorite. :)
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Since the Snowth's apparently too busy to do a new one just yet...

In honor of the late great Michael Clarke Duncan, a movie-themed survey.

1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre?
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre?
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back?
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid?
    5. Who's your fave now?
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise?
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion?
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since?
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials?
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy?
    ----------------
  3. newsmanfan

------------------
    Bambi. I was three. The fire scared me.

Probably have to go with "Ghostbusters" though Indy was boss too.

3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? "Dick Tracy". Just horrible. Didn't get money back though.

Pierce Brosnan. I'm a sucker for the debonair types.

5. Who's your fave now?
    Sam Neill. No one is sexier playing scary characters.

Indy...DESPITE "Crystal Skull."

"Dances with Wolves" is an AWFUL book. So is "Forrest Gump."

"Jacob's Ladder"...though I could probably handle it now.

9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials?
    Again, "Ghostbusters". 6 times in theatre, rest on VHS or DVD.

M&Ms. Original.
    ----------------
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? Toy Story
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? Coraline (Not 3D)
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? Can't think of any
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? Will Smith
    5. Who's your fave now? I dunno. I'm really starting to like Curtis Armstrong
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? I'm not really into either
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? Scott Pilgrim
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? I'm ashamed to say, the remake of the Blob :o
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? Nightmare Before Christmas easily. Scott Pilgrim, Coraline possibly. Airheads, Wayne's World... :/
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? I don't usually buy candy
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Um, I never was the official survey-maker of this thread... once That Announcer disappeared years ago (say, is that guy ever coming back, I think he'd have more "freedom" by now), people have basically been posting surveys whenever they think of them.

1. The Lion King apparently.
    2. I'm not too sure, I've seen so many great movies in theaters.
    3. I felt like walking out of Pirate Radio for a moment, but it turned out to be a pretty good movie (that Gavin character was quite a big douchebag).
    4. I don't really remember.
    5. No one specific.
    6. I guess Indiana Jones... sci-fi franchises tend to crank out fandoms full of weirdoes (not the good kind of weirdoes like Muppet Freaks).
    7. I've yet to see a movie adaptation of a book where the movie was better.
    8. Not so much scared as in "Boo! Ahh!", but more like "What in the world IS this?!"... there was a biopic of Allan Arbus's wife that was like... I don't think it still would've made even if you watched it on drugs...
    9. A... bunch?
    10. I sneak stuff in instead of buying it at the theater at jacked up prices.
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? - I honestly have bo clue.
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? - Beats me.
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? - FUNNY PEOPLE.
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? - Kids don't think about that!
    5. Who's your fave now? - NPH
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? - I've only seen one of each, so...
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? - Uh....
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? - I was scared of Jurassic Park 3 when I saw it in theaters, but a few months later I saw it on DVD and was fine. I haven't seen it since though.
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? - Probably The Muppets
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? - Soda!
  7. heralde

1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? Follow That Bird, although I'm told I started crying and had to be taken out of the theater, lol. :o
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? Ohhh, that's a tough one!
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? - It's a tie between Beowulf and Cat in the Hat. Most miserable cinematic experiences of my life! :grouchy:
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? - Walter Koenig who played Chekov on Star Trek, lol.
    5. Who's your fave now? - Far too many to mention now, lol.
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? - Honestly haven't seen much of Indiana Jones but I'm a huge Star Wars fan so there you go. :)
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? - I'll take flake for saying this but I enjoyed the Wizard of Oz movie more than the book. The book was good and all; just not entirely my thing.
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? - Well, technically I haven't actually seen it, but after just listening to a podcast about The Human Centipede I was terrified for the rest of the day. Not kidding! :concern:
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? - There's too many to mention, lol.
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? - I more enjoy getting a hot dog.
  8. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? Umm...it was probably Barney's Great Adventure
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? (As of now) It's between Vampires Suck, Toy Story 3 or The Muppets.
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? Uhhh....I don't really know....but recently I did think The Three Stooges movie was ehhhhh.
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? As a child, I never really payed too much attention to celebrity.
    5. Who's your fave now? Still don't pay attention to celebrity.
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? Ummm....Star Wars.
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? I can't really recall one....but does The Little Mermaid count? It was based off the Hans Christen Andersen fairy tale.
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? I haven't seen it, but the Child's Play and Saw franchises freak me out, just by watching their commercials and trailers. :eek:
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? I guess that leaves Nightmare Before Christmas out......hmmm....The Muppet Movie, The Producers (2005 film) and The Rocky Horror Picture Show are the ones off the top of my head.
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? Hershey Bars!!!!
  9. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

:): Gee, I sure do love these surveys! Nice to get away from the usual explosions, karate chopping pigs, and bad cooking for awhile.
    1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? Me and some of my friends snuck into the movies once and saw Columbia's "The Black Arrow". Right then and there, I knew I wanted to be in the movies.
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? Well, I've always loved the Wizard of Oz. Mainly because of rainbow. Kind of an inspiration for me.
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? Well, I hate to be harsh on people, but once Pepe dragged me to see a double feature of "The Phynx" (1970) and "Blazing Stewardesses" (1975) (not to confused with "Blazing Saddles"). Sheesh, I felt like taking a hot bath in the swampy mud after watching those.
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? I loved Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Jose Ferrer, and Elizabeth Taylor. But don't tell Piggy about Elizabeth. Sheesh.
    5. Who's your fave now? Tom Cruise is great. As is Al Pacino. I really liked Al in "The Devil's Advocate".
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? I'd have to say Indiana Jones. Nice action packed adventures.
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? Well, as much as I love movies, there's nothing better than a good book.
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? You remember those to films I listed as the worst?
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? I do rewatch the movies we made several times. Not so much to see me, but really to see my friends. They're really great performers.
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? I love green Jujubes!
    muppetfan24/7 and AlittleMayhem like this.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I guess I'll answer, even though half of these I'm not gonna have an answer to and the other half I ain't gonna tell you...:p

If I say, it will tag an age on me, so I'm just going to spark your curiosity and say that there was a tree that appeared somewhere in the movie, and a car somewhere in the movie.
    Well...let's see here...um...there are just way too many candidates...
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back?
    WALL-E! You can yell it me, punch me, and throw rocks at me now. That movie just didn't work for me.
    Once again, it will tag an age on me...and besides, I don't even know what I'd say.
    5. Who's your fave now?
    I honestly have no idea.
    I'm not a big fan of either one...I'll call it a tie.
    None that come to mind right now. There probably is one, just can't come up with what that would be...
    Not really...I've never really been scared by a movie that much...
    Basically all the Muppet movies, maybe Monsters, Inc., and National Treasure is getting up there...
    Is popcorn a candy?
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? The Lion King
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? Toy Story 3
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? 10,000 BC; was told it would be "300 with mammoths" by my friends, and it turned out to just an overblown mess.
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? Don't think I had one.
    5. Who's your fave now? Mila Kunis? This question is hard for me.
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? Neither; I have no interest in either one.
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? Can't think of one off the top of my head.
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? Mad Max.
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? Finding Nemo.
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? Raisinets.
  12. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

1.What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? I can just barely remember seeing Mulan with my mum and Tarzan with my *ahem* “boyfriend” when I was little. I do remember seeing Toy Story 2 twice when it was in cinemas. However, my memory fails to remember the time I went to see The Little Mermaid when it was re-released in cinemas. Mum used to tell me that during the scene when Usula grew into a giant, I thought it was real and freaked, trying to get everyone in the theatre to “escape” the monster octopus lady.
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the Muppets, MegaMind, Brave, Up, Tinker Tailor Solider Spy, The Harry Potter Movies, Atlantis: the Lost Empire, It's A Wonderful Life, Kung Fu Panda- Oh, drat, I've run out of fingers to count with!
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? Shark Tale! It was the first film I remember truly hating for how utterly bad it was. My loathing for it had no decreased over time. I would have walked out, demanding my money back and went home, if I weren't seeing it with friends and mum was out shopping. And I was ten. I also remember the Percy Jackson flick being a complete bore!
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? Jackie Chan, hands down! I don't even care about his bad films, I still love them all!
    5. Who's your fave now? Still Jackie Chan.
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? As much as I like it, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. Besides, I got a much bigger kick from Indiana Jones, even from the forth one. Yeah, well, I was young and I've only seen it once!
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? Coraline was a frigging amazing book and an even better film! Tin tin was really great, despite the changes they made and I liked the first Hellboy movie, mainly for introducing me to the comics.
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? I haven't seen Men in Black since I was nine. Also, as much as I love E.T. now, it scarred me as a child. My mother made the cruel decision to drag me to a re-showing when I was eight. I haven't forgiven her.
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? The first two Toy stories and Muppet Treasure Island. I've said this before, but if we wanted to, me and my family can recite the whole movie from start to finish and back again!
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy?Chocolate Raisins!
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Ugh, I forgot about SharkTale... yeah, that one was pretty bad, but then again, back then, DreamWorks' non-Shrek movies had a tendency to be bad... so far really, only Bee Movie and How to Train Your Dragon have been their only good non-Shrek movies.
  14. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? Probably Home Alone, which came out when I was 3.
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? Hard to say...How to Train Your Dragon was a good one I've seen in recent years.
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? That's a hard question to answer; I've seen some bad movies in theaters, but most of them, I've enjoyed, purely because of their laughable badness.
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? I didn't pay attention to actors then...
    5. Who's your fave now? ....or now.
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? I'm going to continue to be really boring; I haven't seen a single movie in either franchise.
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? Matilda, though I did still enjoy the book as a kid.
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? I'm not really scared by movies, even horror movies.
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? Hmmm, probably most movies from the Disney Renaissance.
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? Sour Patch Kids. Yummy!
  15. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

16. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? I want to say Aladdin...
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? Don't make me choose.
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? I try to avoid very bad movies, but being dragged to Green Lantern set me over the edge.
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? Robin Williams, mostly because he was the only actor's name I knew. Thank you, Flubber trailer on so many Disney tapes!
    5. Who's your fave now? Honestly, I don't really have favorites.
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? Star Wars, it's proven to be more profitable and has a bigger footprint in pop culture.
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? Who Framed Roger Rabbit has a ton more heart and fun to it than the actual book it's based on.
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? I don't think much of it anymore, but I haven't seen We're Back! since I was a kid because I stopped watching it because it scared me so much.
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? Who Framed Roger Rabbit definitely.
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? Movie theater candy's expensive, but I did go for Butterfingers for a little while.
  17. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

:o: Ahhh! I just love surveys! Wocka wocka!
    1. What was the first film you ever saw in the theatre? Gosh, wasn't it "Abbott and Costello Meet the Keystone Cops?". Yeah, I think it was. Saw it when I was just a cub. Right then I said, "Ma, I want to be just like them". But then er... Ma said to me, "You want to be a cop?? Fozzie, that's dangerous!".
    2. What was the best film you ever saw in a theatre? "Road to Morocco". In fact, I've seen all of the "Road" movies. They're sooo funn-ehy!
    3. What was the worst -- so bad you were tempted to (or actually did) demand your money back? "The Country Bear Jamboree". A terrible way to show a bear's style of humor.
    4. Who was your fave actor/actress when you were a kid? I loved all the great comics. Bob Hope, Milton Berle (my idol!), The Marx Brothers, Jerry Lewis, Abbott and Costello, Jack Benny, Laurel and Hardy, I loved 'em all!
    5. Who's your fave now? They're still my favorites, and they always will be.
    6. Which is better -- Star Wars or Indiana Jones, as an overall franchise? I'd have to go with Star Wars. Yeah, Indiana Jones could have used a few laughs. I tried to get hired as a writer, but they didn't allow bears past the secuirty gates.
    7. What film was BETTER than the book it was based on, in your opinion? I only read joke books. One day those'll be made into movies! Just wait!
    8. Is there a film which scared you so much you haven't seen it since? The Blair Witch Project! Somebody tried to use me in a parody once... that was scarier!
    9. What movie have you watched more than 10 times -- NOT counting holiday-themed specials? Duck Soup.
    10. What's your favorite movie theatre candy? Honey Gummi Bears. I didn't even know they made those.
  18. newsmanfan

---------------
    LOL I love it that Fozzie would have of course seen all of the "road" movies with Bob Hope...nice classic reference! :)

--------------
  19. heralde

"The last man nearly ruined this place, he didn't know what to do with it. If you think this country's bad off now just wait till I get through with it!"
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  20. newsmanfan

-------------
    Because I'm hungry.

1. What was the first restaurant where you ever went out to eat?
    2. What fast-food place do you regard as the best available?
    3. If you have the funds for it, what non-fastfood place do you prefer?
    4. What's your absolute favorite dish, when you eat out?
    5. What was your favorite food your parent made for you when you were young?
    6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal now?
    7. What food did you try once and vowed "never again"?
    8. What dish would you never ever try?
    9. Red or white with chicken?
    10. What food(s) would you wish for on a desert island?
    -----------------