1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Weekly Survey

Discussion in 'Games' started by That Announcer, May 27, 2005.

1. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------------
    1. What was the first restaurant where you ever went out to eat?
    There was an absolutely awesome ice cream parlor restaurant called Farrell's...

2. What fast-food place do you regard as the best available?
    Panda Express.

3. If you have the funds for it, what non-fastfood place do you prefer?
    Assuming UNLIMITED funds...Bern's Steak House in Tampa!

4. What's your absolute favorite dish, when you eat out?
    Mongolian Beef. But it has to be done right. I wanna SEE the hot peppers.

5. What was your favorite food your parent made for you when you were young?
    Boliche. A special dish for holidays only due to the extensive prep it requires. Black beans & yellow rice, fried plantanos, fresh salad, and warm Cuban bread...mmm.

6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal now?
    I've been craving red wine & mustard-marinated steak with a baked potato...but I've also been under some stress...

7. What food did you try once and vowed "never again"?
    Pate'. ANY pate'.

8. What dish would you never ever try?
    Escargot.

9. Red or white with chicken?
    I'll let the chicken decide.

10. What food(s) would you wish for on a desert island?
    Ginger beer, cashews, itty bitty potatoes of all colors, and brussels sprouts. (No, not kidding. I froggin LOVE them!)
    ----------------
  2. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

1. What was the first restaurant where you ever went out to eat? I don't remember but knowing my parents it was probably Friendly's.
    2. What fast-food place do you regard as the best available? Subway.
    3. If you have the funds for it, what non-fastfood place do you prefer? The Sandpiper, which is a seafood restaurant a couple towns over from me. Have great shrimp alfredo.
    4. What's your absolute favorite dish, when you eat out? Anything seafood (provided it's a seafood restaurant of course).
    5. What was your favorite food your parent made for you when you were young? I loved boiled broccoli. Probably ate that with every dinner my mother made for me from when I was three to ten years old.
    6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal now? My mother's chicken and broccoli pasta.
    7. What food did you try once and vowed "never again"? Figs.
    8. What dish would you never ever try? Artichokes. I'm not interested in putting in that much effort for that little actual food.
    9. Red or white with chicken? Red? I've never had wine before, so that's a guess.
    10. What food(s) would you wish for on a desert island? Shrimp and pasta, rice, pineapple, chocolate cake...just give me a grocery store.
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

1. What was the first restaurant where you ever went out to eat? Oh I have no idea; I'd have to ask and get back to you, lol.
    2. What fast-food place do you regard as the best available? I'll say Burger King.
    3. If you have the funds for it, what non-fastfood place do you prefer? Alice's Tea Cup (a cute little place that has a huge variety of teas, gives you your own tea pot and meals ranging from cucumber sandwiches to tea infused hamburgers!
    4. What's your absolute favorite dish, when you eat out? A lobster roll, when I can find a good one.
    5. What was your favorite food your parent made for you when you were young? My Dad makes great pasta. Mom makes wonderful beef stroganoff.
    6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal now? Probably still pasta, not that creative, lol.
    7. What food did you try once and vowed "never again"? Eggplant, ugh!
    8. What dish would you never ever try? Probably tripe, lol.
    9. Red or white with chicken? Not a wine drinker.
    10. What food(s) would you wish for on a desert island? Seafood, which would work actually, lol.
  4. heralde Well-Known Member

Farrell's!!!!! I used to go there when I was a kid. It's been gone for years but I've never forgotten. I remember one time a guy came dressed as Big Bird for the kids, lol.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  5. Hubert Well-Known Member

1. What was the first restaurant where you ever went out to eat?
    That part of my mind is a blur...I really have no idea...
    2. What fast-food place do you regard as the best available?
    If Subway counts, I'll go with that.
    3. If you have the funds for it, what non-fastfood place do you prefer?
    The Cracker Barrell has recently crept up my list, as has the Golden Corral.
    4. What's your absolute favorite dish, when you eat out?
    Chicken parmesean, probably.
    5. What was your favorite food your parent made for you when you were young?
    Enchiladas.
    6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal now?
    Hm...a traditional roast beef and mashed potatoes is always tops...
    7. What food did you try once and vowed "never again"?
    I really can't think of one...
    8. What dish would you never ever try?
    Does Sushi count as a dish?
    9. Red or white with chicken?
    I like to wear blue while eating chicken, myself...oh wait...
    10. What food(s) would you wish for on a desert island?
    Unlimited spaghetti and baked potatoes will do me fine...
  6. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

1. I don't know.
    2. Um... Chick-fil-A? *Dodges bullets*
    3. You mean for a fancy sit-down restaurant? Um... Red Lobster. Not really "fancy", but sit-down restaurant, it's my favorite.
    4. I don't know.
    5. Mac-n-cheese.
    6. Anything really.
    7. I don't know.
    8. I don't know.
    9. What?
    10. Something cold.
    Hubert likes this.
  7. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

1. What was the first restaurant where you ever went out to eat? I don't remember the very first... but I have an early memory of going to a buffet restaurant (Bonanza) and repeatedly being told by my mom that I couldn't say "EWWWW!" to things (such as my jello touching my crackers on my plate).
    2. What fast-food place do you regard as the best available? I have a soft spot for Culver's but I also like Wendy's... places that have things like good salads or potato options besides fries. Oh and not sure if it's exactly "Fast Food", but I went to Noodles and Co once early this summer in Omaha and it made me wish we had one here. LOVE!
    3. If you have the funds for it, what non-fastfood place do you prefer? There's a pizza place back in the ND town where I grew up called Space Aliens that's pretty cool. I haven't been there in a few years. My husband and I particularly like Johnny Carino's for a date night. IHOP can be fun, too, but it seems like their service (no matter where in the country I've been to one) is pretty hit-or-miss.
    4. What's your absolute favorite dish, when you eat out? I really like country-fried steak, when I'm not at all feeling health-conscious. :-/ A lot of times I prefer breakfast if we're at a place that serves it all day. I can also be a pasta fanatic at times.
    5. What was your favorite food your parent made for you when you were young? My mom made AMAZING chicken and dumplings... that's probably the "mom food" I miss the most since she passed.
    6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal now? I'm not much of a cook... I'm pretty grateful for anyone who has "skills" that's willing to cook for me.
    7. What food did you try once and vowed "never again"? Patté.
    8. What dish would you never ever try? Oh, I'm sure there are things in other countries I haven't even imagined...
    9. Red or white with chicken? I don't drink.
    10. What food(s) would you wish for on a desert island? Chocolate. Pomegranates. Cheesy foods (i.e. pasta and potatoes). And I've recently become fond of smoothies.
  8. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

1. What was the first restaurant where you ever went out to eat? don't know
    2. What fast-food place do you regard as the best available? Wendy's
    3. If you have the funds for it, what non-fastfood place do you prefer? a local biker bar...I swear, they have some of the best food
    4. What's your absolute favorite dish, when you eat out? garlic shrimp, from previously mentioned biker bar
    5. What was your favorite food your parent made for you when you were young? I don't know...
    6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal now? steak
    7. What food did you try once and vowed "never again"? any kind of fish
    8. What dish would you never ever try? any kind of fish
    9. Red or white with chicken? Can't drink yet :p
    10. What food(s) would you wish for on a desert island? hm...fruit. Yeah, I'm lame
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised Sarge can be seen hanging out at a biker bar?
  10. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

:p

I really use the term loosely. Its a bar/restaurant that happens to attract a lot of bikers.
  11. beatnikchick300 Active Member

1. What was the first restaurant where you ever went out to eat? Can't remember; probably someplace in Buffalo, where I was born.
    2. What fast-food place do you regard as the best available? Chipotle.
    3. If you have the funds for it, what non-fastfood place do you prefer? Sticky Fingers Bakery (they have stuff for lunch and dinner, too).
    4. What's your absolute favorite dish, when you eat out? Pizza or pasta (meatless and cheeseless, of course).
    5. What was your favorite food your parent made for you when you were young? Oven fried chicken (I wasn't raised vegan).
    6. What's your favorite home-cooked meal now? My own quinoa and black bean salad.
    7. What food did you try once and vowed "never again"? Fig Newtons. Grossest thing ever.
    8. What dish would you never ever try? Veal. The cruelest meat of them all.
    9. Red or white with chicken? I don't drink or eat meat.
    10. What food(s) would you wish for on a desert island? Cheeseless pizza with tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it....:hungry:
  12. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Figgy Newtons are good stuff! I especially like the strawberry-filled Newtons. :insatiable:
  13. beatnikchick300 Active Member

To each his/her own, I guess.
  14. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Strawberry Newtons are delicious, but fig flavoring is the worst.
  15. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I've never liked fig newtons-- my sister LOVED them when we were kids. I think I've had some kind of apple ones and they were pretty good.
  16. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I tried a fig newton for like the first time two days ago. It was disgusting :p
  17. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Can't remember the last time I had a fig newton. I think I was pretty young, so I really don't recall the taste.
  18. Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow...didn't realize that fig newtons were so uncommon to people...I am a fig newton fan...not like my dad, who can sit an eat an entire package of them in one sitting...but I still like to eat a couple here and there...
  19. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

We have a Culver's here, of all places, and though I'm not a burger eater I tried their pumpkin custard last year and LOVED it. Count me in!

Fig Newtons are not nearly as good as Fig Newmans. Hooray for organics!

----------------
  20. Beakerfan Active Member

I think Fig Newtons are an acquired taste. Either that, or they don't taste good until you become an adult and your palette matures lol. I hated them as a child, now they are one of my favorites. Likewise, all of my students hate them (they're three).