1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Weekly Survey

Discussion in 'Games' started by That Announcer, May 27, 2005.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

1. Rudolph...though I still bear a fondness for the Cali Raisins' one.
    2. Rupert, Giorgio, and Frazz.
    3. Uh...correlation of angles if fur equals A and height of cliff represented as Z...ummm...
    4. I'd have replied differently in the past, but today, a wolf.
    5. You can't stick a snowflake on a snow horse and call it a snowicorn, now can you?
    6. 8. I think.
    7. Gingerbread latte!
    8. Curling.
    9. I have to choose ONE?
    10. I have to choose ONE?
    ----------------
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Because it's too d--d quiet in here:

1. What's your favorite xmas/holiday cartoon (Claymation counts)?
    Haven't seen any in ahile. Uh... I guess Rudolph?
    2. If you could have named the reindeer, what would be your top 3 choices?
    Liver Snap, Mr. Cabbage Patch, Ringo.
    3. Do abominables really bounce? Show all work.
    Well, the number + 5 is (a/n)^2, the number itself is (b/n)^2 and the number - 5 is (c/n)^2, where a, b, c and n are positive integers.

From (a/n)^2 - (b/n)^2 = 5 and (b/n)^2 - (c/n)^2 = 5 we can deduce a^2 + c^2 = 2*b^2 and a^2 - c^2 = 10*n^2, or (a^2 + b^2)/2 is the square of a whole number and (a^2 - c^2)/10 is the square of a whole number.

All this leads to one conclusion: YES!
    4. If you could build a snow creation and make it come to life, what would you make?
    A snow Walter. Definitely. Of course, he'd have to live in the freezer...
    5. Which is cooler, snowflakes or icicles?
    I'm in between the two. They're both cool.
    6. How many strands of lights are currently in/around your home?
    Not enough.
    7. Hot chocolate or flavored coffee?
    Chocolate.
    8. Best use for a fruitcake?
    Decoration.
    9. Weirdest gift you've ever received?
    Can't think of one. So I'll make something up. Uh... a package of salt.
    10. Weirdest you've ever given someone else?
    Again, I got nothing. So uh... a package of salt. That'll get you out of any tight spot.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

A Charlie Brown Christmas by far. Never been a fan of the Rudolph and follow-up claymation specials.
    Kit, Tillie, and Monte.
    If they wear Moon Shoes.
    4. If you could build a snow creation and make it come to life, what would you make?
    A Fraggle.
    I'd say icicles because it's so hard to actually see a snowflake before it lands on the ground or evaporates.
    One large stand all around the tree.
    Hot chocolate; not a coffee drinker.
    Doorstop.
    Two packs of microwave popcorn in a butter cookie tin from a very distant relative a few years ago.
    A designer set of file folders.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

1. What's your favorite xmas/holiday cartoon (Claymation counts)? - "Twas the Night Before Christmas," with the mice and the clock.
    2. If you could have named the reindeer, what would be your top 3 choices? - Deer #1, Deer #2, Deer #8
    3. Do abominables really bounce? Show all work. - Trick question! There's so such thing as bouncing!
    4. If you could build a snow creation and make it come to life, what would you make? - Snow rotisserie chicken
    5. Which is cooler, snowflakes or icicles? - I like snowflakes and being in the snow, but I love knocking icicles off the gutters
    6. How many strands of lights are currently in/around your home? - 8? I'm not home, so the decorating I'm not involved in.
    7. Hot chocolate or flavored coffee? - Hot chocolate, especially 7-11's; it's made with Hersey
    8. Best use for a fruitcake? - Droppin' them on cars from buildings
    9. Weirdest gift you've ever received? - Family Guy DVD, since I'm not a fan really.
    10. Weirdest you've ever given someone else? - I don't give gifts, 'cause I'm cheap.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

1. What's your favorite xmas/holiday cartoon (Claymation counts)? A Year Without a Santa Clause
    2. If you could have named the reindeer, what would be your top 3 choices? I don't know...Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee...
    3. Do abominables really bounce? Show all work. If you take the circumference and subtract the weight of the fur....Screw it...I hate math.
    4. If you could build a snow creation and make it come to life, what would you make? A dragon
    5. Which is cooler, snowflakes or icicles? Icicles are known to kill people...but at least you didn't shoot your eye out :p
    6. How many strands of lights are currently in/around your home? None
    7. Hot chocolate or flavored coffee? Both are disgusting
    8. Best use for a fruitcake? doorstop, paperweight, possibly giving someone a concussion...
    9. Weirdest gift you've ever received? A toilet brush (no, I'm not kidding)
    10. Weirdest you've ever given someone else? Does just wrapping the thing in tissue paper and coating it in so much tape they need a knife to open it count?
    newsmanfan likes this.
  6. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Probably the original Rankin/Bass Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. But the more horrible the holiday special, the better. (Yep, I'm lookin' at you, Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July!)

Rojo, Savior, and Bleistift

Nope. Just got some major hops.

A cuddly monster that eats responsibilities

Snowflakes! They're like little crazy treasures falling from the sky! Amazing to think that ice just spontaneously forms into such pristine self-contained pieces of beauty.

Strands of icicle lights go all around the inside of my abode, and also line the windows! Although I do usually leave the inside lights up all year round because they're cheerful.

Hot chocolate!

Emergency weapon and/or sports equipment

Well, one of them at least was a pet rock with a face Sharpied on! But I actually really loved him, named him Paul Simon.

The strangest and most disturbing manga I could find in Japan
    newsmanfan likes this.
  7. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

1. What's your favorite xmas/holiday cartoon (Claymation counts)? Never watched any :o
    2. If you could have named the reindeer, what would be your top 3 choices? Rain, Dear, Flyer
    3. Do abominables really bounce? Show all work. Can I vote "maybe"?
    4. If you could build a snow creation and make it come to life, what would you make? A snow Robin
    5. Which is cooler, snowflakes or icicles? snowflakes
    6. How many strands of lights are currently in/around your home? 1, uno, eins, one, I, 一
    7. Hot chocolate or flavored coffee? Hot chocolate
    8. Best use for a fruitcake? Breakfast
    9. Weirdest gift you've ever received? We don't have a gift-giving culture at Christmas
    10. Weirdest you've ever given someone else? Ditto
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed this.

I might go Rudolph, though Santa Claus is Coming to Town works as a close second.
    Martin, Meyers, and Bubba.
    Abominable bounce. That's a tongue twister. Tongue twisters twist your tongue. That is alliteration, meaning that...

tongue twister = alliteration
    tongue twister = twist your tongue
    alliteration = twist your tongue

So the question remains: can something twist, bounce, and alliterate at the same time?

Balls bounce, but don't have alliteration.

Meaning that abominables do twist and alliterate, but do not bounce.

A giant Thog.
    Cool guys are in mobs. Mobs hurt people. Icicles hurt people, meaning that icicles are cooler.
    Bout 4 on my tree, none elsewhere.
    Boo to both! Iced tea rules!
    Window cling.
    A cheap marionette pink horse puppet in a zip lock bag with a piece of masking tape on it saying "pink horse," clearly gotten at some sort of yard sale/thrift store, by a relative who presumably thought that I would like it since I like the Muppets.
    ...I don't give bad gifts.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  9. newsmanfan

-----------
    Fruitcake window cling.

*goes off to ponder that headspinner a while privately*

-------------
  10. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Because it's too d--d quiet in here: Ain’t my fault, sugar! :p

1. What's your favorite xmas/holiday cartoon (Claymation counts)? As much as I love Claymation, it’s gotta be something based on a Raymond Briggs classic. Father Christmas (the original, non-American version thank you very much :attitude:), The Snowman and its sequel airing this Christmas!

2. If you could have named the reindeer, what would be your top 3 choices? Errr, Floyd, Zoot and Animal?

:sing:: HA!

:cool:: Huh?

:halo:: WHA?

3. Do abominables really bounce? Show all work. In honestly, I wouldn’t know if they’d bonce on their own, but those guys seem to have found a way.

[Points to a bunch of Abominables jumping on electric wires with uncanny grace and singing…]

Abominables: If you change your mind!
    I’m the first in line!
    Honey, I’m still free!
    Take a chance on me!
    If you need me, let me know!
    Gonna be around!
    If you got no place to go!
    When you’re feelin’ down

4. If you could build a snow creation and make it come to life, what would you make? A PONY!

What?

5. Which is cooler, snowflakes or icicles? [Is shown with tongue stuck on icicle hanging from tree]

Vell, iff you meanth fromth a lieral pointh of viewth, I’th thay icthicles! Now, thombody get me offa dis!

[Bunsen appears with a kettle of freshly boiled water]

:confused:: Not to worry, May! With Muppet Labs new Tongue Icicle Free-er-

Dat’s a kethall, Bunsthen!

:confused:: -you will be free in no time! We tested it on Beaker, didn’t we Beakie?

[Beaker runs passed screaming as his mouth produces steam from a burnt tongue]

:eek:: MEEEEEEEFFFFFF!!!

O___o HELP!

6. How many strands of lights are currently in/around your home? [Free from icicles somehow without having tongue burned.]

That’s better, and to answer your question, none at the moment. We don’t put up our decorations until after my younger sister’s birthday, which is on Doomsday.

Mwhahahahaha…

7. Hot chocolate or flavored coffee? Oh, hot chocolate with whipped cream! Mmmm! Though there was that one time in Starbucks where the hot chocolate tasted like coffee.

True story.

8. Best use for a fruitcake? Well, it depends what type. If it’s the actual cake, a door-stopper. If it’s the other type, shot it out of a canon.

:concern:: You called?

Not you! I was thinking more along the lines of Boris Johnson!

:concern:: Really? Is he a daredevil too?

No, but he is an excellent weirdo. Speaking of which…

9. Weirdest gift you've ever received? Hmm, I think it would be a tie between an old Playstation 2 with Kingdom Hearts from a friend and that set of Disney Princess figurine set I got last year from my mum. Note that I was eighteen at the time.

Also, it had Ariel twice in there, one as a mermaid and another as a human. I mean, you could have put in Rapunzel in there or even had Aurora’s dress blue, but noooo! Stupid merchandising.

I love my Disney.

10. Weirdest you've ever given someone else? A pony. No really, I bought the ones you get in small packets at the till. Turns out it was Rainbow Dash. She was indescribably happy about that…
    Muppet fan 123 and newsmanfan like this.
  11. AlittleMayhem

Your Favourite…

1) Fraggle?
    2) Muppet that doesn’t speak much?
    3) Muppeteer?
    4) Sesame Street sketch?
    5) Spoof of anything Henson related?
    6) Moment in any Muppet movie?
    7) Muppet merchandise you own?
    8) Little thing you’ve noticed in the background of anything Henson?
    9) Fraggle Rock song?
    10) Thing to do as a Muppet fan?
  12. AlittleMayhem

Your Favourite…

1) Fraggle? All of them are absolutely wonderful!

2) Muppet that doesn’t speak much? Lips!

3) Muppeteer? Dave Golez.

4) Sesame Street sketch? Anything with Grover!

“What is this?”

“CookieBook!”

6) Moment in any Muppet movie? Jimmy Jim Jimmy Jim Jimmy Jim Jim Jim Jim!

7) Muppet merchandise you own? My comics!

8) Little thing/s you’ve noticed in the background of anything Henson? A very brief and silent interaction between Floyd and Zoot while Janice introduces herself in The Muppet Movie.

9) Fraggle Rock song? “Yes We Can” Incredibly catchy.

10) Thing to do as a Muppet fan? Well, I do get a kick out of drawing and writing them. Especially if someone likes it.
  13. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Your Favourite… (Your spelling of :attitude: 'favorite' is my favorite, Miss May :))

1) Fraggle? It's Red about 98% of the time, though I just love all of 'em so much :excited:
    2) Muppet that doesn’t speak much? Probably Brool the Minstrel. I just wanna arm wrestle 'im!!
    3) Muppeteer? Frank Oz or Dave Goelz...DANG IT! I'm goin' with Dave today.
    4) Sesame Street sketch? All right, way too many here, the LEAST I can name is three: "Mary Had a Bicycle," Ernie and Bert in an Egyptian pyramid, and "Cereal Girl"--that song is the cutest!
    5) Spoof of anything Henson related? T-shirt art I saw which mashed up Jim Henson and Kermit with Calvin and Hobbes. Seeing a leetle Jim--with a beard still--toting along a dormant Kermit was just too much.
    6) Moment in any Muppet movie? The song "Scrooge," definitely
    7) Muppet merchandise you own? My Hasbro Softies Red Fraggle! ♥
    8) Little thing you’ve noticed in the background of anything Henson? Boober kisses Wembley a number of times, but when he first comes out of the collapsed "hidey-hole" in "The Perfect Blue Rollie," he almost certainly kisses Wembley then, and I think that particular moment's pretty hard to notice :flirt:
    9) Fraggle Rock song? "Let Me Be Your Song"--WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL INTRO
    10) Thing to do as a Muppet fan? I'm gonna cheat and catch it all in, "Be awesomely Muppety" :cool:
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

1) Fraggle?
    Oh man, it's either Wembley or Boober. They're so darn cute and funny!
    Probably cliche here, but I'm going to say Lips. He looks cool.
    3) Muppeteer?
    Jim Henson.
    4) Sesame Street sketch?
    I'm not the biggest SS fan on here, but I've always had a soft spot for the clip where the numbers 1-20 pop out of the ground in a city because me and a close friend of mine have a sort of inside joke about.
    My Boober Fraggle/Scott Pilgrim t-shirt.
    When Kermit confronts Doc Hopper in the western ghost town at the end of TMM.
    My Manhattan Toy stuffed Fraggles!
    I was looking at the Family Reunion comic book the other day, and noticed in one panel there's a chicken reading a newspaper with the headline "Egg Strikes Enters Second Week", but then in super-tiny print it says "protestors running out of corks"! Hahaha.
    9) Fraggle Rock song?
    "There's A Promise" or "We're Part of Each Other".​
    Just to watch something new and see all the fun stuff!
    Muppet fan 123 and AlittleMayhem like this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

1) Fraggle?
    Obscure: Large Marvin. Common: Uncle Matt
    Does Large Marvin speak a lot?
    3) Muppeteer?
    My favorite is probably either Jim, Richard, or Jerry (like that narrows it down), though Tyler Bunch does make a convincing argument.
    4) Sesame Street sketch?
    Oof...that's tough. I've always been a fan of the Subway song/sketch, and Telephone Rock, and the Colambo sketches, and...

Meh.
    Peter Falk's GMC cameo, maybe? Or possibly Kermit's showdown with Doc Hopper.
    My Kermit Corgi car from the late 70s.

I'm undecided. I have so many floating through my brain that I can't narrow it down.
    9) Fraggle Rock song?
    Just keep on smilin' and life will be worthwhilein'...
    Annoy random people.
  16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

1) Fraggle? Boober.
    2) Muppet that doesn’t speak much? Zoot.
    3) Muppeteer? Love 'em all.
    4) Sesame Street sketch? That's impossible for me to answer.
    5) Spoof of anything Henson related? Eh... Avenue Q, I guess?
    6) Moment in any Muppet movie? Any moment that involves a crowd of Muppets.
    7) Muppet merchandise you own? Backstage Playset with Rowlf the Dog.
    8) Little thing you’ve noticed in the background of anything Henson? In TMGTTM, during the scene where Kermit is talking to Beau about the taxi scene in TGMC, if you in the background, you can see Gaffer trying to eat Rizzo.
    9) Fraggle Rock song? The Children of Tomorrow.
    10) Thing to do as a Muppet fan? Everything!
  17. newsmanfan

1. Of what I've seen (only part of season 1, really) I'd have to say Boober. Got a soft spot for a cynic, I does.
    2. The chickens. Any of them, though I think the black rooster is funniest.
    3. Dave Goelz, though they're all splendiferous!
    4. I have to pick ONE? Okay, recent fave was "The Closer." Even though the Brenda Whatnot NEVER SAYS "Thaaaank yewwwww!"
    5. The numerous references Mike and the Bots did on MST one season. "Jim Henson's Chairman Mao Babies!"
    6. The entire Ziegfeld Follies spoof of "Happiness, Miss Piggy" in TGMC. Hysterical and spot-on.
    7. Any of the 1970s Muppet kids' books I own/collect. Fun art, fun stories, just Muppety as all get-out!
    8. Newsie (stuck to his chair) slumping glumly past behind Kermit & Piggy backstage during the Great Glue Crisis of the Gilda Radner ep.
    9. I don't know any of them, sadly...
    10. Let my Freak Flag fly! Gonzo would approve.

---------------
    Plaid Fraggle and AlittleMayhem like this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You know, I retract my response to favorite Muppeteer...somehow my all time favorite Muppeteer completely slipped my mind. :oops:

My real answer is Dave Goelz, the awesomest Muppeteer ever. (And thanks for helping me catch my terrible mistake :p)
  19. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

1. Favorite Member of the Electric Mayhem ( Not Animal )?
    2. Fictional Character you are most like personality wise?
    3. What's the most humliating thing you have done in public?
    4. Who do you think is the most overrated celebrity?
    5. If you had your own T.V. show, what would be it's title?
    6. What do you think cost more; Rebuilding Thog or having Jason Segal co-star in the Muppets?
    7. Something you hate now but loved as a kid?
    8. What do you think if the strangest/funniest sounding word in the English language?
    9. Have you ever wittnessed a crime being commited?
    10. How many times I gotta tell ya?
  20. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

1. Lips
    2. Probably Edd ( Double D ) from Ed, Edd, n Eddy
    3. Being myself...................
    4. Say it with me everybody, The Kardashians! THE KARDASHIANS!
    5. "Funny Man in an Unfunny World"
    6. Hands down, Thog, he must've cost a fortune..............
    7. The programs on Disney Channel :rolleyes:.
    8. Onamonapia
    9. Thankfuly, no.
    10. I dunno, like, six times?
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.