1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Weekly Survey

Discussion in 'Games' started by That Announcer, May 27, 2005.

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That's cool. Atleast you don't use glue like Ernie101.
  2. ceecee

ceecee Member

Wow, can't believe I just found this thread...

1) Who is your favorite country singer? generally can't stand it cuz I work at a country radio station, but Merle Haggard is pretty cool
    2) Do you play Tetris? I'm more into Spider Solitaire
    3) Who do you like more: Johnny Fiama or Sal Manila? I honestly don't know who either is (and I call myself a Muppet fan...sheesh!)
    4) What shampoo do you mostly use? Suave, can you tell the difference?
    5) Have you ever eaten in a Rainforest Cafe restaurant? yes, at the Mall of America
    6) How tall are you? 5' 4"
    7) What brand of sneakers are your favorites? New Balance
    8) Have you ever been to New Hampshire? no, am I missing out?
    9) Which of the MC smilies is your favorite? :p :(
    10) Do pictures of your dad as a kid show him looking dorky? somewhat, but in a really cute way
  3. RedDragon

RedDragon New Member

1) Who is your favorite Beatle? Paul
    2) In your opinion, who is the most underrated Muppet? Rowlf
    3) Do you own a portable DVD player? No
    4) What sort of batteries do you usually use for cameras and such? AA
    5) Do you own one of those roll-of-paper adding machines? No
    6) Who is your favorite singer? I don't know.
    7) What is your favorite smell? Lilac Flowers.
    8) Do you have air conditioning, or just old electric fans? AC
    9) What is your favorite Palisades figure? I don't collect them.
    10) Do you shop on Amazon? Yes

1) Who is your favorite country singer? Martina McBride
    2) Do you play Tetris? Sometimes
    3) Who do you like more: Johnny Fiama or Sal Manila? Sal, I guess.
    4) What shampoo do you mostly use? Suave
    5) Have you ever eaten in a Rainforest Cafe restaurant? No
    6) How tall are you? 5'5"
    7) What brand of sneakers are your favorites? Nike, I suppose.
    8) Have you ever been to New Hampshire? No
    9) Which of the MC smilies is your favorite? :)
    10) Do pictures of your dad as a kid show him looking dorky? Yes
  4. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

1) Who is your favorite country singer? I'm not a real big fan of country music either, but I would say Randy Travis.
    2) Do you play Tetris? Once in a blue moon (last time was about 4 years ago when it was at a hotel and I was killing time while waiting for my family to come down to the lobby area. This game came out just after my big arcade days of the 80's were subsiding).
    3) Who do you like more: Johnny Fiama or Sal Manila? No clue here.
    4) What shampoo do you mostly use? GNC Biotin Shampoo for the last 10 years or so. I read a tip in a health magazine once that said to use a shampoo that has biotin because this nutrient is good for helping prevent hair loss. And I still have a full head of hair at 38! (or 99% anyway).
    5) Have you ever eaten in a Rainforest Cafe restaurant? Never. Don't know of any nearby.
    6) How tall are you? 6' 1"
    7) What brand of sneakers are your favorites? Been getting New Balance for quite a while.
    8) Have you ever been to New Hampshire? I don't think so unless we drove through it one time. Definitely didn't ever stop there.
    9) Which of the MC smilies is your favorite? The Kermit and Ernie ones.
    10) Do pictures of your dad as a kid show him looking dorky? Well let's just say that if they had been casting for the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" back then my dad would have most likely been approached by the filmmakers. :) :p
  5. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

Yeah, I don't think there are any in the state of Pennsylvania (very surprising). More surprising is that RD has never eaten in one when there are three in the state of Illinois!
  6. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

1) Who is your favorite country singer? Tim McGraw
    2) Do you play Tetris? used to
    3) Who do you like more: Johnny Fiama or Sal Manila? Johnny Fiama
    4) What shampoo do you mostly use? Pantene
    5) Have you ever eaten in a Rainforest Cafe restaurant? yuppers,lol
    6) How tall are you? 6'1"
    7) What brand of sneakers are your favorites? Nike,wearing Spalding these days
    8) Have you ever been to New Hampshire? yes I have
    9) Which of the MC smilies is your favorite? Dr. Teeth
    10) Do pictures of your dad as a kid show him looking dorky? yes
  7. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Again!

1) Who is your favorite Beatle? Macca (used to be Lennon)
    2) In your opinion, who is the most underrated Muppet? Sam The Eagle
    3) Do you own a portable DVD player? No, and I never will.
    4) What sort of batteries do you usually use for cameras and such? AA -odd question
    5) Do you own one of those roll-of-paper adding machines? No
    6) Who is your favorite singer? Robyn Hitchcock & Nina Simone
    7) What is your favorite smell? Patchouli
    8) Do you have air conditioning, or just old electric fans? AC
    9) What is your favorite Palisades figure? I only own a few, I like Kermit
    10) Do you shop on Amazon? Rarely...I don't like to use credit cards
  8. That Announcer

Yes! Ha ha ha! This thread has now become a Hot Topic! Sigmund, this is very good! Go into Phase Three of the MC Domination Plan! Ha ha ha ha haaaaa!
  9. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

1) Who is your favorite country singer? Faith Hill
    2) Do you play Tetris? Love it!!
    3) Who do you like more: Johnny Fiama or Sal Manila? Johnny Fiama
    4) What shampoo do you mostly use? Biologe
    5) Have you ever eaten in a Rainforest Cafe restaurant? Yes, the one at Disney World
    6) How tall are you? 5'3"
    7) What brand of sneakers are your favorites? Reebok
    8) Have you ever been to New Hampshire? Yes, Portsmouth to be exact
    9) Which of the MC smilies is your favorite? Rowlf, even though he is for sad, I love Rowlf!
    10) Do pictures of your dad as a kid show him looking dorky? yes
  10. JaniceFerSure

I love Rainforest Cafe down in Disney & there is one here in a local mall.I love the thunderclaps,rain and the animatronic animals.Makes for an awesome dining experience.Plus,they have great food and merchandise.First time I've ever tried the combo of steak and eggs for breakfast.:D
  11. That Announcer

Well, you're not alone. A visit there in the Massachusetts location was the highlight of my last trip. Had the chicken-fried steak and a Diet Coke, all great food. The robots all suffered from Ronald Reagan Disease (based on a Robin Williams joke, where every time they move you can almost here the "reeeet"), but nevertheless they made for a good time along with my (over?) perky waitress. I'd kill to get back, or have one opened here. But of course, this is Halifax, what was I thinking? :)
  12. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Yeah, I always thought the animals were fun, too. I just don't think I would want to sit at a table right next to one of those hungry apes, if you know what I am talking about. I wish they would animate the birds. Maybe have them fly across the cieling or something.
  13. That Announcer

Hey, I did! Wasn't that bad, actually. I personally do not want to sit next to the elephants... well, let's just say that if my Ma gets soaked unexpectedly, it can be fatal.
  14. That Announcer

OK, here's this week's survey, albeit a little late. (Tied up watching "MacGyver".)

1) How often does your mother shop at Sears?
    2) What brand is your computer printer?
    3) Who is your favorite Jim Henson character?
    4) What is the lowest score that you ever achieved on a grammar test? (If you're uncomfortable giving the exact score, give a ballpark.)
    5) Have you ever seen "Howard the Duck"?
    6) Do you prefer to use plastic, wooden or metal rulers?
    7) Do you swim?
    8) What is your favorite comic strip?
    9) Cookie Monster or Grover?
    10) What is your favorite article of clothing to wear?
  15. That Announcer

1) How often does your mother shop at Sears? She goes there once a month. She buys something once every three months. There's a difference.
    2) What brand is your computer printer? Hewlett-Packard.
    3) Who is your favorite Jim Henson character? Link Hogthrob, hands down.
    4) What is the lowest score that you ever achieved on a grammar test? (If you're uncomfortable giving the exact score, give a ballpark.) I think it was an 83.
    5) Have you ever seen "Howard the Duck"? Well, I rented it, but I couldn't get through it.
    6) Do you prefer to use plastic, wooden or metal rulers? Plastic mostly, but I'll use another kind in a pinch.
    7) Do you swim? I used to more than I do now.
    8) What is your favorite comic strip? Hard choice, here's a list: Far Side, Bloom County, FoxTrot, Sherman's Lagoon.
    9) Cookie Monster or Grover? Grover, due to his association with Fat Blue.
    10) What is your favorite article of clothing to wear? A baseball cap.
  16. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

1) How often does your mother shop at Sears? Beats me. I'm hardly ever with her when she does.
    2) What brand is your computer printer? Lexmark
    3) Who is your favorite Jim Henson character? Rowlf
    4) What is the lowest score that you ever achieved on a grammar test? (If you're uncomfortable giving the exact score, give a ballpark.) My grades go all over the place, so it's really hard to say. I usually do better with grammar than other subjects, but that doesn't mean I haven't failed a grammar test before for some reason.
    5) Have you ever seen "Howard the Duck"? No
    6) Do you prefer to use plastic, wooden or metal rulers? Either plastic or metal. Wood rulers always get those annoying cuts in them.
    7) Do you swim? I try to avoid it when possible. I look bad in a bathing suit.
    8) What is your favorite comic strip? Online or syndicated? Either way, I don't know.
    9) Cookie Monster or Grover? Cookie
    10) What is your favorite article of clothing to wear? Bracelet
  17. RedDragon

RedDragon New Member

1) How often does your mother shop at Sears? Bearly ever.
    2) What brand is your computer printer? HP
    3) Who is your favorite Jim Henson character? Rowlf
    4) What is the lowest score that you ever achieved on a grammar test? I really don't remember, but I think it was pretty low. I suck at grammar and I don't study often.
    5) Have you ever seen "Howard the Duck"? No
    6) Do you prefer to use plastic, wooden or metal rulers? Plastic
    7) Do you swim? Yes
    8) What is your favorite comic strip? Rose is rose I think its called.
    9) Cookie Monster or Grover? Cookie
    10) What is your favorite article of clothing to wear? Hoodies
  18. JaniceFerSure

1) How often does your mother shop at Sears? not anymore(she's passed on)
    2) What brand is your computer printer? Compaq
    3) Who is your favorite Jim Henson character? Bip Bippadotta
    4) What is the lowest score that you ever achieved on a grammar test? (If you're uncomfortable giving the exact score, give a ballpark.) prob. a C(was over 15 yrs. ago)
    5) Have you ever seen "Howard the Duck"? yes
    6) Do you prefer to use plastic, wooden or metal rulers? metal
    7) Do you swim? yes
    8) What is your favorite comic strip? Calvin & Hobbes,Bloom County,Peanuts,Fox Trot,Opus
    9) Cookie Monster or Grover? Grover
    10) What is your favorite article of clothing to wear? sneakers
  19. luvtosr

luvtosr New Member

1) How often does your mother shop at Sears? - Never, if there's one in Britain it ain't local to me.
    2) What brand is your computer printer? HP.
    3) Who is your favorite Jim Henson character? - Gonzo.
    4) What is the lowest score that you ever achieved on a grammar test? (If you're uncomfortable giving the exact score, give a ballpark.) - We didn't have grammar tests at school - it was all incorporated into other assignments.
    5) Have you ever seen "Howard the Duck"? - Yes.
    6) Do you prefer to use plastic, wooden or metal rulers? - Metal, three edge, but wooden ones are tastier (as I discovered at primary school).
    7) Do you swim? - Not as often as I'd like to.
    8) What is your favorite comic strip? - Do web comics count? Then it's Hello-Cthulhu.
    9) Cookie Monster or Grover? When I was little Cookie Monster but probably Grover now.
    10) What is your favorite article of clothing to wear? - Hooded top.
  20. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

1) How often does your mother shop at Sears? umm...not sure. Not too often I wouldn't think.
    2) What brand is your computer printer? I don't remember. Right now, I don't have a printer hooked up. The printer is in storage at college.
    3) Who is your favorite Jim Henson character? (think we had this one before) Ernie & Kermit (tie)
    4) What is the lowest score that you ever achieved on a grammar test? (If you're uncomfortable giving the exact score, give a ballpark.) I dunno. A Grammer test????
    5) Have you ever seen "Howard the Duck"? I'm not sure. What was it about?
    6) Do you prefer to use plastic, wooden or metal rulers? Don't care.
    7) Do you swim? Yes.
    8) What is your favorite comic strip? Drabble
    9) Cookie Monster or Grover? Tough choice. I guess I will have to go with Grover if I must choose.
    10) What is your favorite article of clothing to wear? my hat