The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty cool the show is out on DVD. I only saw a couple episodes. I'm in Weird Al mode right now; can't wait for the new CD! Maybe I'll have to pick this up too...
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Al's myspace page will be giving away the first single from the new album for FREE on Monday the 21st of August. Just FYI.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Saweet. Did they say when the new album's coming out, cause I heard sometime either late this fall or early next year. I could be wrong, I've been known to be wrong before. Oh and if it's the song You're Pitiful, he's got it on his website too

Daniel

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
September 26. And the new single isn't actually "You're Pitiful"--that won't be on the album for certain reasons. Go to

www.myspace.com/weirdal

for more details. An interesting story, actually.

:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think any of the album titles have been announced yet (and I don't think they were even announced untill his last album was released), but the official Weird Al Yankovic website mentions some of the artists whose songs get parodied. And his next album will be a duel-layer DVD, with some computer features (his last two albums also had features that could be viewed ona computer), including six new music videos.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that on his website after I asked the question. What an idiot I am lol. It is called 'Straight from Lynwood' and I'm glad that this one is a dual-disc(Which I thought is what the industry should have done instead of suing illegal downloaders, just put more stuff on the CD). The bands are Green Day, EWI, and Taylor Hicks, and I can't remember the name of the other band. Oh, and the You're Pitiful song is not going to be on the CD, sorry to say.

Daniel

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I bought this set yesterday, and it was good. Ironically, I had a dream the other night that it was the day of it's release and I went to buy the DVD, but Suncoast and Sam Goody didn't have it, and when I went shopping for it, I went to those two stores, and neither store had it in real life. Scary, huh?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Well, I bought this set yesterday, and it was good. Ironically, I had a dream the other night that it was the day of it's release and I went to buy the DVD, but Suncoast and Sam Goody didn't have it, and when I went shopping for it, I went to those two stores, and neither store had it in real life. Scary, huh?
Scary indeed. You know, I am an expert at dreams--I recommend that the next time you have a dream about, say, a lottery number, you tell me right away so that I can, um, interpret it for you. Yeah, that's the ticket...

:wink: