1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands
    Fans have been waiting forty years for a live concert with Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem and it happened Sunday August 7 at the Outside Lands Music Festival.

3. Sesame Street Season 46
    Sesame Street's 46th season officially began Saturday January 16 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The "What Made You Smile Today?" thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Christopher Walken on SNL. Nuff said.

newsmanfan and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  2. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

more cowbell

3. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I am happy that I finally finished a first chapter for my fanfiction, 600. Years. And my profile avatar is what my main character, Midnight, looks like :)

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Underwater Cowboy found work! :D It's in Ontario, but it's work, and he's really happy about this (as am I, though I was sad to see him go).

Also, one final down, four more to go. Within a week, I will have written my last final exam at Ye Local College. :D

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, so for years, and years, and years, and YEARS, there's been this theme song that has been stuck in the back of my mind, I couldn't remember what show it came from, or where I heard it, or why it wouldn't get out of my brain, and sometimes it actually drove me crazy trying to remember it.

Then recently, a friend told me about this Canadian kiddie comedy show called You Can't Do That on Television, and lo and behold, there was that theme song that bugged me since I was like eight or nine... now I have a little bit of peace in my mind, lol.

PHEW!

newsmanfan and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  6. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

i took a test i was worried about today.... and it was pretty easy!

oh and my faaveriote chips were in sale for buy one get 1 free today!! :D

7. Ozymandias

ART CLUB. That is all. :D

kyunkyua likes this.
  8. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    *actually used to watch "You Can't Do That on TV" on Nickelodeon...ah, back when Dave Coulier was actually cool...*

Got an email from my brother recently, about my nieces finally seeing the new Muppet film. Salema is going to be 5 in a couple of weeks and is ridiculously precocious with language. Thought you guys might get as big a smile out of this as I did. Quoting my brother:

"We did see the movie last week. We all enjoyed it. It is definitely written for our generation, what with all the jokes and references to the original show. Salema was excited about seeing it, but when it started she said 'Daddy, where are the dancing guys with the windows and the music?' I explained that was the show, and this is the movie. She says she wants to watch the show, not the movie. Then, later in the movie, when they recreate the opening of the show, she says 'yeah, this is what I want.' "
    --------------------

9. Ozymandias

^ AWESOME! :D You must be a very proud aunt. :)

Three finals down, two more to go! Summer's so close I can taste it!

10. D'Snowth

Ya know, just for the halibut...

Now, can you guys imagine having a tune like this stuck in the back of your mind and not being able to remember where it came from for over a decade?! :crazy:

11. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Last workday was today! Monday we are off to Orlando!

charlietheowl and newsmanfan like this.
  12. newsmanfan

-------------
    Say hi to the mouse and kiss any Muppets for us!! And ride the Haunted Mansion!

------------

13. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I would, and it'd be impressive if I met them, but I'm going to Universal, LOL.

14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

My school got a milkshake machine. I bough a couple random strangers milkshakes because I needed to spend my school cash before it goes poof

15. D'Snowth

This...

Longing for the days of yore when the Muppets didn't rely on chromakey almost exclusively to do full-bodied shots.

16. D'Snowth

This was actually yesterday, but when I was at the chiropractor, SST and the Muppets actually came up in conversation.

I was wearing my "I Was Raised On The Street" t-shirt that seems to always draw attention, and while I was in the fitness room, one of the instructors was asking how long SST has been around, thinking at least since they 80s, I told him, "Nope, since 69". He was like, "No way!", and both myself and this old codger next to me chimed in with, "Way." The old codger even added that Mister Rogers has been around almost as long as television itself. I went on to also mention how it wasn't until years later in 1976 that TMS finally got on the air; the instructor mentioned it had been a long time since he watched the Muppets, he tried to recall MTI, remembering Miss Piggy, while the old codger added, "Miss Piggy has issues".

:laugh:

newsmanfan and Fragglemuppet like this.
  17. newsmanfan

---------------
    Hope you gave 'em both this web address! :)

---------------

18. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

We're going fly fishing next week and I found out today that I won't have to miss Kung Fu to go.

19. RichardHuntFan

RichardHuntFan New Member

Got to have quality time with my younger brother watching the Bela Lugosi Universal version of Dracula and playing checkers.

newsmanfan likes this.
  20. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

GOT MAH DRIVER'S LICENCE

charlietheowl likes this.