1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "What Made You Smile Today?" thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Sep 14, 2006.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Busch Gardens Tampa: The Dark Continent too? *Has the best memories from that place, especially the log flume ride called the Tanganyika Tidal Falls. Hopefully that's still there. That's the one ride where the only dry spot was at the exit bridge beneath the plexiglass window. You'd stand there watching the current vehicle come splashing down, which'd splatter the entire outer window wall. But even better was when you stood outside that window-protected bridge exit... Waiting... To get soaked in the water from the after-splash.

*Must go to Universal Studios... HP World! ! !
  2. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

i got 10 extra credit points on my speech for jim henson!
    kyunkyua likes this.
  3. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

aw yea! hp world! i sooo wanna go there!
  4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Wow, Busch Gardens. Haven't been there in years. I grew up in Tampa, and every summer we'd pack a bunch of people up and go to Adventure Island, the water park run by Busch Gardens...probably a little cool in the water for you to consider it now, though...but IF it's open and you go, I highly recommend the waterslides, especially the one called "Barracuda" -- lots of breakneck twists. Even more fun after dark when they turn on lights in the slide tunnels!

Smiling today because last night I came up with a very silly cartoon idea for the show "Alcatraz", and last night and today drew it and posted it to DA...and to a certain wine proprietor/actor whom I have a bit of a crush on. Dunno if I'll hear anything back about it, but it was terribly fun to draw!
    Note: non-fans aren't going to get it... http://newsiefan.deviantart.com/#/d4wa2gx
    ----------------
  5. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

wow, newsmanfan, that was cool!
  6. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Aw thanks! I'm not much of a drawer honestly...but I couldn't resist the concept once it hit me. :news:

--------------
  7. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Someone reviewed "Growing Together" on fanfiction.net. What this person was impressed by was, of all things, my use of Swedish. It had been rubbing her the wrong way that the Swedish Chef spoke neither English or Swedish. She, being a Swede, was in a position to notice. I'd been sneaking little bits of real Swedish into the Chef's dialogue, courtesy of Google Translator, but I never expected anyone to spot it, much less be impressed.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

THREE more days....
  9. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

A friend of mine said he found a sing-a-long video for Muppet Treasure Island if I wanted it. I didn't even know they made one of those.
  10. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

on a similar note to gonzos hobit: i found like 10 tapes of fraggle rock in my garage today! btw gonzos hobit, congrats on the sing along find!:)
  11. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Neat! It's always fun to find stuff like that (if only I could find Big Bird again)
    And thanks, though I told him I probably wouldn't watch it, I just thought it was a cool find.
  12. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

ok,this sort of made me happy. on the game minecraft, you can go into things called factions. well, my faction has been fueding with another for awile now. we went into this huge fight, and won! i know it is nerdy, but considering it is midnight, i am happy over anything.:fanatic:
  13. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

I bought an incense burner shaped like a mushroom house. It's so cute~
  14. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I wrote a spit-take into a story today. I don't know why, but I love spit-takes, and there's not much opportunity for them in text stories.
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Throwin' a frisbee with friends. The weather's nice enough for it and there's nothing like spending time with friends (so I'm told).
  16. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

iam finaly getting over my stomach flu. and, on his way back to my house, my grandpa got me some white castle! i mean, white castle is always good, so it just added another happy boost to my day!
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Christopher Walken on SNL. Nuff said.
    newsmanfan and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  18. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

more cowbell
  19. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I am happy that I finally finished a first chapter for my fanfiction, 600. Years. And my profile avatar is what my main character, Midnight, looks like :)
  20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Underwater Cowboy found work! :D It's in Ontario, but it's work, and he's really happy about this (as am I, though I was sad to see him go).

Also, one final down, four more to go. Within a week, I will have written my last final exam at Ye Local College. :D