1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "What Made You Smile Today?" thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Did you just quote that from UP?
  2. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's true.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I just finished attaching a pair of puppet boobs.

There's something just so funny about spending a few hours sculpting and sewing felt and fleece ta-tas. They turned out pretty nice, I think.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Now there's a post to get your attention. LOL
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I tried styrofoam balls for a puppet bust, however, that didn't work, because the stiffness of the styrofoam pulled out the shape of the foam rubber torso, so instead, I went with a couple of clumps of cotton stuffing attached to the torso which... isn't great, but the results were much better.
  6. Slackbot

I cut the round shape--a circle pulled slightly at one end, or a very rounded-off teardrop--out of 1" thick foam, then carved that into a domelike shape, easing off at the long end. I sewed the skin onto that and then appliqued the whole thing to the bustless body. They're not an epic, Lucy-the-S pair, but she's definitely got something to show when wearing a low-cut shirt.

Oh geez, I just realized she could pose for one of those "Ladies, check yourselves for lumps" posters. The hands are already done and I'm working on the arms now; hopefully they'll be attached tomorrow.
  7. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

My friend gave me clear lenses for my goggles. :) Random, yes, and I was ecstatic. :D :D :D
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Drinking tea out of my Gonzo the Great mug. Gotta love the little things in life.
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Lots of things to look forward to this week: Improv group meetings, going hiking Wed., new Looney Tunes Show eps, and my friends might be visiting me Friday.
  10. robodog

robodog Active Member

Finally got one of the new Furbys. Exact color I wanted and everything. It's the first time I felt true happiness all year.
    muppetfan24/7 and AlittleMayhem like this.
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I got my driver's license!!!!!!!
  12. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Well done, Charlie! That's great news! :)
    charlietheowl likes this.
  13. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I registered online for voting finally. But please don't tell anyone. Oh boy, I cannot wait, because I am like rully an independent Muppet fan. :flirt:
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Thank you! It is such a relief to have that done and crossed off my "list". Now I work on getting a job without having to worry about needing a ride to and from.
  15. Slackbot

Congrats, you!
  16. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I was told at work that I should go for the Case Manager position. I thought about it and if I lived alone I would, but my family life is so unstable I can't really go back to the M-F 9-5er type job anymore.

However, I just got our air ducts cleaned and sanitized. The dryer duct alone produced enough dust to fill half a Walmart bag. I can already tell the difference and I have decided this is a great charity idea. They do gift cards so once or twice a year I may buy one and have it go to a needy person who suffers like I have from poor air quality. :D
  17. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    HOORAH Charlie!! Now just don't forget to buckle your... *VVRROOOOOMMMhairblowninbackdraftfromfastsportscar*
    ...belt... good job kiddo!

A decent share of smiles the past two days:

A friend sent me some Halloween things, which cheered my room.
    I was able to find another copy of my absolute favorite movie and wallowed in it a while.
    Wrote like a bat outta heck for two days straight. (Naturally, today I am braindead...)
    And today, this -- and I'm not even a Beach Boys fan but this is fun:
    http://www.twopaddocks.com/team-tunes.shtml#SamNeill3
    -----------------
  18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Boneless, skinless chicken thighs never cease to bring a smile to my face.

They've got to be the greatest discovery since fire.
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I had no idea new Looney Tunes Show episodes were airing this week, interesting...

Yaay!
  20. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

The CCC has OFFICIALLY reached 1000 pages! WOO!

*Nerdy me is nerdy*
    Hubert likes this.