1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "What Made You Smile Today?" thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I
    I was too. Man that was an epic FAIL! Lol
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Pumpkin everythings at Trader Joe's.

I am wallowing in pumpkin the next few days. So there. :news:
    ------------
    dwmckim likes this.
  3. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

To continue on the pumpkin theme, a parent of one of my kids at work grew big pumpkins in her garden this year so she gave me and my coworkers each a pumpkin!
    newsmanfan likes this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This:

And this:

Next to the likes of Big Bird, Ernie and Bert, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Cookie Monster, and Count, I feel like these two were among my first friends as a kid: Mister Rogers always made me feel special, and I loved when Bob Ross would paint happy little clouds and happy little trees, they made me happy. :D
  5. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

It's official now. *squeee* I can participate to the school's exchange with Düsseldorf, Germany! I'm so happy now I could randomly hug people. :D
  6. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I went to a ghost tour with my old buddies Abigail, her sister, Nataile, and Nathan. It was not only fun, but spooky too. Then, the guy who wrote the book was telling us ghost stories about the houses we stopped at.
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This has just been an absolutely wonderful, great week this week! The weather's been nice and refreshing, just like fall should be (though unfortunately, for the time being, the 70s have returned, but actually, down here, that's SUPPOSED to be our average for this particularly time of the season); Sid & Marty Krofft have been uploading some funny little political videos on YouTube throughout the week; I always enjoy listening to the Halloween music Comcast/xfinity has to offer on their Sounds of the Season Music Choice channel; after having such a relatively bad year for the most part, I went crazy, made a mad-money purchase, and bought myself a new sweater; I've been taking advantage of the current steak and lobster tail special at Ruby Tuesday, and on both occasions (last week and this week) ended up with the exact same wonderful waitress, who's very personable and attentive, and just about the cutest waitress I've ever seen waiting tables.

All in all, fantastic week! Even though there's one day left (today's Saturday), I don't know how it could possibly get any better after all of this.
  8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I just came back from a matinee of Frankenweenie at the local Movie Tavern. I love going to matinees at that theater; good price and great environment. And I grinned all through the film. (Well, OK, maybe not after Sparky caught the home run baseball.) It was full of clever little references, which I enjoyed spotting. I suppose it dates me to say that I laughed out loud when I heard the town mayor's name.
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

My adorable desktop background:
    [​IMG]
  10. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Where did you get that?
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

THIS WEATHER MAKES ME EXTREMELY HAPPY! CAN'T YOU GUYS TELL? :D :D
  12. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that. It's nice and cool and it rained all afternoon.
  13. Slackbot

I just watched Miyazaki's Spirited Away. What a lovely film, and an excellent dub.

While I watched the movie I made a dozen yards or so of puppet hair. It didn't take my attention from the film, as it's simple chain crocheting, and my fingers can do that on automatic pilot.
    AlittleMayhem and Gonzo's Hobbit like this.
  14. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

We had a very beautiful blue sky in the State of Delaware today. :)
  15. Gonzo's Hobbit

Neat, where'd you learn how to do that?
  16. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Have been on a Dave Stewart kick this last week and have been going through my record collection pulling out all my Dave stuff including some things i haven't listened to in years and playing it all...and then after having done so found out Dave was featured in the latest edition of Record Collector magazine.
  17. Slackbot

How'd I learn to do a crochet chain? I dunno, I thought that was something every kid picked up early on. Using it as puppet hair? Part desperation, seeing as the proper really thock yarn doesn't seem to exist anywhere, and part remembering Ma Gorg's hair. Her hair strands are so thick, and the texture makes me think they're crochet chains.

This puppet hair is double-chained, meaning I made a chain, and then I made the chain into a chain, so it's really thick.
  18. Gonzo's Hobbit

Yea I meant more the hair thing. Cool.
  19. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

EVERYTHING! I feel like everything in life is magic!
    (Hence the current av and sig)
    charlietheowl likes this.
  20. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Sesame Street's vintage material Tumblr page