1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "What Made You Smile Today?" thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Just finding out The Muppets are gonna be making an appearance next Tues on Good Morning America!!! :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Oh I wasn't thinking about matinee times.
    Well that's cool, hope you guys have fun.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I saw Rise of the Guardians today. It was a fun film. A lot of it reminded me of Terry Pratchett's Hogfather, and I swear Hades and Ralphie were in the film too.
  4. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone!

That will be next summer, so there's still time now.
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I saw that tonight too. Loved it.

Hogfather always looked interesting but I never saw it. I might had to dig it up sometime.
  6. Pinkflower7783

I pretty much found everything I was looking for today! :D
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I found out one of my oldest friends got engaged. :D Yay!
  8. Pinkflower7783

I'll be smiling once this stupid Christmas garland cooperates with me!!!
  9. Pinkflower7783

Sorry to double post but we had a rematch and I won!!! Man it's really starting to look and feel like Christmas in my house!!! So blessed I live in my own home and can decorate anyway I want! Nothing like being independent and knowing you can afford nice things! :)
    Hubert likes this.
  10. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Seeing "Chaplin: The Musical" on Broadway today! I'm really excited. :halo: And just between you guys and I, I told my little sister (who hates Broadway) that the show was about a duck just to get her excited. ;) It's not. It's about Charlie Chaplin.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Christmas decorating has been making me smile (and not be on the forum). I finished most of the around-the-house decorating and the outside decorating, so now all that's left for this morning/afternoon is the tree (my favorite part).

I'm late, but that's great, Vincent! As the others said, hope you will still be able to come on the forums during that time, but regardless, I'm really happy for you!

They are? Cool...I'm actually finding this out first from you.
  12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

At last! Cold weather! 45... I'm gonna have to break out a jacket for this! :excited:
  13. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

And on occasion Casey*!

*Note: Casey will not be available Mon-Sat. Closed Sundays
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hearing "12 Days of Christmas", as sung by John Denver and the Muppets on the radio puts a smile on my face today, and any day.
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  15. Pinkflower7783

I finished decorating!!! This is the earliest I've ever gotten Christmas decorations up!!! A lot of hard work but the end result was worth it!!! Once again so blessed I can do things like this. :)
  16. Vincent Liu

Thanks! And hey, that kinda rhymes :)
  17. Vincent Liu

The sun came out after some days of rain, and wow, it's just beautiful :dreamy:
  18. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Just returned from seeing "Chaplin: The Musical" today. The musical itself was really really good.

Although, the Second Act was probably 10,000 times better than First Act. It wasn't that the first act was bad. There definitely were some excellent moments in the first act, such as Charlie Chaplin discovering himself as "The Little Tramp" for the first time. (My god...the orchestration there was like a dream for me! It sounded so much fun! I'd kill to be in that orchestra! :halo:) The only situation about the first act was that it just dragged in some parts. The second act was just much more exciting!

Now I could go on and on about my review for this musical (any one interested at all? ;)) But let me get to the best part. You know how Broadway usually does its "Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS" thing where you donate money to help those with AIDS. If you donate a certain amount of money you get a signed poster or Playbill by the cast. Well, my dad donated $20 and got me a signed Playbill. Here's the best part: My dad bought the Playbill from Christianne Noll, the original Emma Carew in "Jekyll and Hyde!" (She was Charlie Chaplin's mother, Hannah, in the show. Most of the cast usually are out in their costumes when they ask for money for Broadway Cares stuff like this. I did NOT expect her at all personally.) I didn't realize it until I took a quick glance at her when my dad bought the Playbill. I was so excited, but I didn't have time to chat with her because we had to head to Grand Central to catch our train.

Today was probably one of my more memorable days seeing a Broadway show! :D
  19. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Listening to Emmet Otter's Jug-Band MP3s make me want to sing those songs. The Avenue Q songs, now maybe sooner or later I will start listening to the Muppet Christmas Carol soundtrack some time next month.
  20. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I just won two tickets to The Hobbit on the radio's trivia show!

So the rules of the game are if you ask them a question and you stump them, then they give you tickets to a premiere of a movie for that week (or whatever else they have to offer) but then they ask you a question. If you can answer their question than they put in the draw for a special prize that week.
    I didn't get their question, but the question I asked them was: What was the first TV show that Kermit the Frog ever made an appearance on?
    They didn't know the answer (Sam and Friends) so I got free advance movie passes.
    YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :)