1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "What Made You Smile Today?" thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I just spoke to someone at the Jim Henson Company in N.Y.
    I don't know who it was, but I called the number that was provided on Google Maps to the old Henson Workshop on East 67th.
    Someone answered, and asked how they can help me. I didn't want to bother him, so I just asked my question and wanted to know if there was a way I can see in that building. (I wasn't sure if it was still owned by the Jim Henson Legacy).

I dunno, but I just got directly into someone's office at the Jim Henson Company...I don't know if that makes me smile or not. I just feel that was cool.
    Slap me if I'm crazy.
  2. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

*slaps Muppet fan 123*
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Ouch.

I knew it...sorry, I had to snap out of it... wasn't that cool. It just felt cool becuase it wasn't their offical number, but was probably someone who worked up high in the NY offices...I didn't want to bother them, so I quickly finished the question for him.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I can't believe it: Bob Newhart is coming to town in February. :excited:
    charlietheowl likes this.
  5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

A coworker on a diet gave me a bag of Godiva dark chocolate caramels. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  6. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Celebrating one year of being depression-free. Got through counselling, no longer dependent on Zoloft (killed my stomach!), and with God's help, got this burden off me.

It's certainly one you don't want to have.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I had emailed SW about a week ago to tell them their clip of "It's Hip to be a Square" had messed up audio on their website. I was just on and they added a fixed version, most likely 'cause of my email. There's still some issues with the audio of it, but it sounds a helluvalot better.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I am going to watch "The Christmas Toy" tongiht. Yayyyyyyyy! I haven't rully seen that Christmas special like forever. :)
  9. D'Snowth

I'm glad I have the special on tape, with Kermit's scenes intact.
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Two finals done, two to go. :D Next up: ENGLISH! :D

Oh yeah, and I have about half of my next cosplay (due at the end of January) done. :) D'snowth, not a word. :p
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'm smiling because...ehh I can't say sorry. :X
  12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

After the news I got a D in chemistry, I got another grade in and it's an A in one of my education classes :D
  13. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

I was in Berlin today and saw Wreck-it Ralph in English :D
    And I've got Dunkin' Donuts :D
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. D'Snowth

AWW!

The only Dunkin' left where I live is CLEAR ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN! :cry:
  15. Yuna Leonhart

It's worse here in Germany. There are only 33 Dunkin' Donuts and only six of them are not in Berlin :/
  16. Sgt Floyd

The ONE Dunkin Donuts around here is awful. We got donuts yesterday and they tasted like they had been sitting out for hours...and the people in there are so rude and they never have donuts made :/

The one we lived near in philly always had fresh donuts, but you also had to wait in line for at least 15 minutes because they were always really busy
  17. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Which brings up the debate- Dunkin' Donuts vs. Krispy Kreme?

My own two cents- pair up Krispy Kreme donuts and Dunkin's coffee and you got a winner.
  18. Sgt Floyd

Krispy Kreme is disgusting. Their donuts are like eating air. And I wouldn't wait 2 hours for a donut
  19. Yuna Leonhart

We don't have Krispy Kreme, so I couldn't judge :/
    But I love Dunkin' Donuts and the last time I had them was a year ago.
  20. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

I've never seen either of those doughnut company's in the uk before