1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

An idea like that is IMPOSSIBLE to fulfill in such a short time given Elmo's popularity. :(
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

What do you mean?
  3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I mean doing an 11 minute musical.... that just pushing it even for Sesame Street standards. :(
  4. Oscarfan

I'm sure it won't ALL song. Plus, the songs have really improved lately, so I have faith that they'll be good.
  5. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. I wonder about that because Susan seemed to be making a comeback last season, but it was the opposite with Bob. He only appeared in one insert, so I wonder what direction they're going with him. As for Jerry Nelson, I know Mr. Johnson often appears at least once per season and the Count still regularly appears. It would be nice to see more of Herry Monster, Mumford, Sherlock Hemlock, etc.
    cahuenga likes this.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Speaking of Susan, seriously has ANYTHING come of Dr. Loretta Long's book project? It's been about a couple of years or so the last or so anybody's heard anything about it it seems: I submitted a story to be included in her book, and she thanked me for my help in this book that is very important to her.
  7. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Except Measure Yeah Measure.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That one's alright, but there was no call to show it twice in a 26 episode season.
  9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

yeah i hope they have a little bit more of bert and ernie in this season well mainly in 1 street story like last season they got the flood episode and muppet wiki said last season had been the first time since season 35 that ernie had appeared in a street story.....

But on the other hand i know Steve and Eric have Kermit and Piggy to do also but they aren't filming this time for Muppets so maybe we can have a bert and ernie street story :p :(
  10. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Funny, Eric has Muppet duties yet we still see a TON of Grover and a nice amount of Bert on SS. How does that guy do it? Lol.

I too wish they'd show more B&E. And not just in claymation.
  11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

yeah i miss it idk how frank and jim made time for both SS and Muppets
  12. Oscarfan

I liked that song. I mean, yeah it's just another Elmo bit, but frankly, I can't think of any other character that would've worked singing that with the Justin Bieber puppet. At least they got someone who can actually sing to do his vocals. It's certainly no Chris Cerf, but the composers they have today are good and deserve as much respect.

But, as Drtooth said, using it twice in a 26 episode season doesn't fly. It would in the old 130, but by now, they have so little inserts in each show and so much material to use; there's no excuse.
  13. Drtooth

And it could have been worse. They could have REALLY got Justin Beiber in there to sing a parody of his own song.

I'm wondering.

Now, I wonder if they used "What I Am" twice because of the Katy Perry bit being banned, and just wound up switching stuff around, and they had to put that on a second time so something else wouldn't be used twice to replace that bit. And I wonder if the same thing happened with that one because they didn't put the Tau Bennet sketch in there. I really hope Kevin Clash would speak up for that appearance and let it on this season.
  14. Oscarfan

I had said that maybe the Tau bit didn't test well with the kids, so they couldn't use it.
  15. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Which would definately be unfortunate, IMO.
  16. Drtooth

You'd think Kevin would have supportive and tried to get this segment in there as a huge favor to him. Unless they're saving it for this upcoming season. We won't know until halfway through February of next year.
  17. Dominicboo1

The Elmo part wasn't the problem.
    Carefull you may give someone an idea.
  18. Drtooth

I said it before, and you all know... I'm not a fan of the self serving celebrity parody of their own songs. I'd rather they just SING their own songs (sometimes with little modifications) like they used to...

Sesame Street built their last few seasons on the fact that celebrities came in and sang parodies of their own songs. It stopped being cute, and started being routine. The Katy Perry one was kinda cute, but that was after a line of stingers. Like James Blunt's TERRIBLE "you're Beautiful" song rewritten about triangles.

Used to be we'd have a parody Muppet or Muppet character sing a much better worded parody of those songs.

Or better yet, have celebrities sing NEW songs. I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan by any means, but I LOVED the Song About Elmo. That was some retro SNL Sandler stuff right there.
  19. Dominicboo1

20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wait... so the Tau Bennet bit has been scrapped? That is so un-cool of them to do that: they flew him all the way up from Atlanta to perform alongside one of the puppetry giants on one of the biggest shows in history, and for them to do that is just... again, that just doesn't seem right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.