The what shows do you miss that you wish were around thread?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed when my favorite shows like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Out of Control, and the Jim Henson Hour were cancelled and wouldn't be returning with new episodes. But then I always usually end up finding a new show I like and I do become delighted when I get my old favorites on video tapes or DVD.
Out of Control!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V67AOKKgzk

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Mystery Science Theater 3000: It was a wonderful show that lasted about a decade, but sadly was canceled in 1999. Sure, the people who worked on the show are still around, doing such projects as Rifftrax, but it's just NOT THE SAME. I miss it :frown:

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: It lost its "magic" when Sabrina went to college, I definitely think they should've stuck with the high school years. I know the actress who played Sabrina definitely can't pass herself off as a teen now, but I can dream...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Mystery Science Theater 3000: It was a wonderful show that lasted about a decade, but sadly was canceled in 1999. Sure, the people who worked on the show are still around, doing such projects as Rifftrax, but it's just NOT THE SAME. I miss it :frown:
Have to agree! That really was one of the great ones! Man! didn't mean for this thread to make anyone feel down, bb. :sympathy:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ I'm not weeping in a little ball, but I'll never forgive Sci-fi Channel (oh, EXCUSE ME, Syfy) for doing that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed when my favorite shows like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Out of Control, and the Jim Henson Hour were cancelled and wouldn't be returning with new episodes. But then I always usually end up finding a new show I like and I do become delighted when I get my old favorites on video tapes or DVD.
They actually DID bring Killer Tomatoes back in 96 or something like that... but with TERRIBLE animation (that looked like, well... if anyone has seen the Hotel Mario and the Legend of Zelda where they eat DINNER), and horrible writing that wasn't on par with the original episodes. Too bad they were so cheap they couldn't hire back the same writing staff and animation studio.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Another show that I miss is The Secret World Of Alex Mack. It was about this girl who lived a normal everyday existence, until one day after school she was caught in the middle of a truck accident where she became soaked in a secret, experimental chemical compound called GC161 witch gave her powers. Well the opening credits are pretty self explanatory. Well I love this show, because it humorous and deals with ordinary everyday family and teen problems and it also has a dark side to it as well with the chemical plant and to find and capture her and she has to escape their clutches. Also as the show goes along, a whole lot more is reviled with their very evil plains. Gotta say that last two episode blew me aways, epically the ending!

Anyway here is how it all started in the fist episode titled; The Accident

Part 1

Part 2

part 3

Xerus

Reaction score
They actually DID bring Killer Tomatoes back in 96 or something like that... but with TERRIBLE animation (that looked like, well... if anyone has seen the Hotel Mario and the Legend of Zelda where they eat DINNER), and horrible writing that wasn't on par with the original episodes. Too bad they were so cheap they couldn't hire back the same writing staff and animation studio.
Actually, when the Killer Tomatoes came back in 96 on Fox, I remember they were just reruns of the first season.

The second season of the Killer Tomatoes was done in weird computer animation and they kind of changed the plot of the first season, which led to its cancellation.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The next show I wish was still was on the face of the earth somewhere is "You Can't Do That On Television." This show is classic, legendary! It set the tone! It set the standard for evrything that is Nickelodeon! One of the best things about this show was the amount of things they got away with on a Children Network! And it has been said many times, but they just do not make shows like this anymore. You almost couldn't with the way things are run now days. It was all in good fun, though.

Putting of the episode "Enemies & Paranoia' where" the gang braces themselves for the arrival of the Soviets who have a new show called "You Can't do that on Television, Conrade"

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Nick22

Reaction score
when i was little i LOVED 'ALL THAT' and 'ZOOM.' i think it was called 'ZOOM.' but i might be wrong. but either way, i loved both. and is 'OUTSIDE THE BOX' still on? cause i loved that when i was little too.