The what shows do you miss that you wish were around thread?

Nick22

Reaction score
Sabrina the Teenage Witch: It lost its "magic" when Sabrina went to college, I definitely think they should've stuck with the high school years. I know the actress who played Sabrina definitely can't pass herself off as a teen now, but I can dream...
i agree. well actually i dont MIND the college episodes, but they were much better when she was in high school. a lot more harvey, hilda, and zelda.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
when i was little i LOVED 'ALL THAT' and 'ZOOM.' i think it was called 'ZOOM.' but i might be wrong. but either way, i loved both. and is 'OUTSIDE THE BOX' still on? cause i loved that when i was little too.
Oh1 Loved both of those shoes to! You have good taste my friend!

i agree. well actually i dont MIND the college episodes, but they were much better when she was in high school. a lot more harvey, hilda, and zelda.
Well I actually would watch that show just for no other reason than the fact that Soleil Moon Fry is on it! :flirt:

Nick22

Reaction score
Oh1 Loved both of those shoes to! You have good taste my friend!

Well I actually would watch that show just for no other reason than the fact that Soleil Moon Fry is on it! :flirt:
i know i have good taste :big_grin: just kidding! thank you!

i love soleil moon fry! and i love the sound of her voice more than anything!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well... besides The Muppet Show... :stick_out_tongue:

I really miss quality, smart cartoon shows like Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Tiny Toon Adventures so... seeing those shows return in some capacity would be stellar.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head. Shows that left before their prime:

Pushing Daisies - just too good for the usual garbage reality programming and insipid doctor sex dramas on ABC.

Kings
- when religious groups cry foul that television doesn't represent them, well they had a chance with NBC's modern day telling of the King David story where the name of God was mentioned quite frequently in this well crafted show. It has been canceled for lack of viewers. I watched.

Veronica Mars - a wonderfully layered show that was much better than it had to be. A casualty of not being brainless enough for the CW programming palette. I miss it.

Arrested Development - too smart, too funny and too much for the average viewer to keep up with for the payoff. I loved that show.

Invader Zim – an amazing animated show that Nick didn’t know what to do with. Didn’t they learn better from tinkering with Ren & Stimpy?

Dead Like Me – they dropped it when it was getting really good and just killed it with a snoozefest of a direct to DVD movie.

Carnivale - it just got going before it was abruptly ended.

Twin Peaks - reinvented the episodic mystery drama that gets carbon copied by modern programs.

Jim Henson's Storyteller - I just wish American television found this palatable. Why not bring it to the Sci Fi Channel as Jim Henson Presents fantasy creature features?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pushing Daisies - just too good for the usual garbage reality programming and insipid doctor sex dramas on ABC.
It's cheapness on ABC's part... I wish Brian Fuller signed the same over 9000 season contract that Jim Belushi singed. No one watches that show, it always returns as a mid-season replacement and runs all it's new episodes in a night... but it KEEPS GETTING RENEWED for some reason. Plus, the budget of the show somehow didn't justify bothering. And I just love how passive Brian was about it... like he said... "Well, my vision was shot to hades for a round of crummy sitcoms that will never finish the season! Oh well... better not try it on another network." But the thing that REALLY steams me is that people choose to waste their time in front of the dreadful "New Adventures of Old Christine" instead. I'm sorry... but that's the one that broke the "Seinfeld curse?" It's worse than Listen Up... and that was unwatchable.

Veronica Mars - a wonderfully layered show that was much better than it had to be. A casualty of not being brainless enough for the CW programming palette. I miss it.
Not a fan of that show, but the CW is the WORST network ever. WORST! And I blame CBS's hand in it. They have a boring saturday morning line up, they kill all the best shows (all 3 of them), and they have nothing on but shows for vapid air headed bimbos about rich vapid airheaded bimbos whining about how they're vapid airheaded rich bimbos that aren't promiscuous enough. I'm really worried about Reaper. That was an amazing show. It really was. Almost reminds me of a live action Ghostbusters TV show.

Invader Zim – an amazing animated show that Nick didn’t know what to do with. Didn’t they learn better from tinkering with Ren & Stimpy?
Demographics.... There were more adults watching than kids (same thing that killed shows like Freakazoid and The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley). In the old days, they would have just moved it to MTV (like they did with Ren and Stimpy after a while)... but MTV is... well cesspool doesn't go far enough. At least it has a devoted cult following that keeps T-shirts pouring into Hot Topic.

Arrested Development - too smart, too funny and too much for the average viewer to keep up with for the payoff. I loved that show.
Fox... At least they gave it a second chance, unlike ABC with Dasies... too bad it ran for... what 2...3 seasons? Before they started cluttering up their schedule with unwatchable sitcoms that don't even last 3 episodes. And what was the deal with that Brad Garret thing? Did they force it down enough throats and it got terrible ratings both seasons? I really hope the rumors about the movie are true.

I must also add The Critic. Sure, we got 10 3 minute webtoons... but they really didn't have the same voice of the cartoon. Sure, the movie parodies and Jay's horrible time with women were represented... but none of the other characters that made the show came back... not Jay's dad... not Duke Phillips.... not even that Australian actor that Jay hung around with, even though they had his voice actor, Maurice LaMarche in all the webtoons... see, he's the alternate for Jay... he does a dead on John Lovitz when ADR is needed.

Nick22

Reaction score
i love that show! it's a shame that it pretty much crashed and burned.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
The next show I wish was still was on the face of the earth somewhere is "You Can't Do That On Television." This show is classic, legendary!
I remember that show! I still have the theme song memorized. It was so gross and weird, but I watched anyway :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
i love that show! it's a shame that it pretty much crashed and burned.
I remember that the creator got pretty angry that the network didn't let him get away with everything he wanted... and honestly, I'm surprised that he got away with any of the stuff that actually got in. He wanted the end to have Dib die a horrible death.... you can't even say "Die" or "kill" and characters just get badly injured and just disappear (or rot in dungeons) but they're alright in kid's television... thank you ACT. It really is a shame Nick didn't move it to MTV or even MTV2 as an adult animated show, instead of blindly canceling it. It was just too successful with the wrong demographic. I really wish they'd give him a DTV movie, ala Futurama with no S&P people breathing down his neck, but the creator was really soured on animation here.

At least they canned it and didn't keep it going with a less talented writing and animation staff like a certain other show. It's a terrible shame and all, but at least it went with dignity.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I honestly wish King of the Hill wasn't getting the boot in favor of another Seth Mcfarlane show "The Celvenland Show," I'll give it a chance, though.

I also wish some of MTV cartoons got a better run than they did, namely 3 South and Clone High.