1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kiki, Jan 13, 2007.

1. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Aww, that's nice. When I was a baby, my favorite lullaby was Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  2. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Agh, this has been stuck in my head for weeks now!

D'Snowth likes this.
  3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

So, I'll be honest.

I've had alot on my mind since last week and I've been listening to some sad music.

Case in point....

Don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down....

The Joy Williams version because **** the original.

4. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I also love The Beatles' song of the same name; a fine R&B gem:

I believe the great Billy Preston played on that as well, and had a gem of his own:

This kinda seems like a song the Muppets could've done; has that "sun going down"-type feeling.

5. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

6. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Listening to none other than Mr. David Bowie. Forgot how good this song is.

Schfifty and ConsummateVs like this.
  7. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

My mom's favorite song:

8. Flaky Pudding

I love this song and think it's absolutely beautiful but it always makes me tear up because it was played at the funeral of my close friend's dad. But that memory doesn't keep me from listening to this hauntingly beautiful song right here.
    "Funny when your dead how people start listening,". That line gives me chills every time because it's true. Many celebrities become more famous after they die. Take Tom Petty for example. I'm a huge fan of his and almost nobody was talking about him until he passed away then I quickly began to notice that Tom Petty was all the rage again. It's sad but also very true.

9. Flaky Pudding

I briefly put on Family Guy while waiting for a new episode of Robot Chicken to come on not long ago and this song has been in my head ever since. Also, if your wondering which episode this song was in, it was called "Pilling Them Softly" and was from season 14 I believe. The only other parts I remember were a hilarious I Love Lucy homage and a scene where Mr. Spacely from The Jetsons shows up to yell at Peter.

10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Love this guy.

11. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Boy, I love these types of songs.

cjd874 likes this.
  12. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

13. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

14. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

OMG I love They Might Be Giants! I was briefly obsessed with them a few years ago, but I rediscovered them this year and they're awesome.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  15. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

16. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Listening to various live versions of "Crocodile Rock," where Sir Elton John changes the lyrics in the final verse. Depending on where he's playing, he changes "Me and Susie had so much fun" to something related to that town or country. For example, in Spain he once sang, "Señor Wences had so much fun." In Kiev he sang, "Yuri Gagarin had so much fun." Google THOSE names if you don't know them!

17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Isn't there something just so relaxing about a soothing and upbeat song set to fighter planes, sinking ocean liners, and jellyfish being massacred in the propellers of a submarine?

18. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

19. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Just been on a listening spree of Muppet Show musical performances, including Danny Kaye's "Inchworm," Elton John's "Crocodile Rock," Bernadette Peters' "Just One Person," Liza Minnelli's "Copacabana," Paul Simon's "Loves Me Like a Rock," and Rita Moreno's "Fever." All classic performances. Now I'm on this one from Season 1:

20. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Adele - Water Under The Bridge