The "What was the point of that?" Thread

Misskermie

Reaction score
Any Muppet Muppet moments you thought were absolutely pointless?

Here's mine: Robin's appearance as the green fairy in IAVMMCM

Why was he there....?

Eh.

What about you guys?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I would ask what was the point of IAVMMCM period but... :wink:

But seriously, probably some of the sketches in the first season of Muppet Show which ended kind of awkwardly, hehe.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I would say the same thing about MWO. Why was that movie even made? :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I would say the same thing about MWO. Why was that movie even made? :stick_out_tongue:
Well, the book is Jim's favorite, so I guess at one stage it did make sense. I just don't understand why it was made with so much darkness. I really enjoy some of the emotional complexity of the relationships between characters though...like the moment that Gonzo helps Fozzie across the bridge. Really nice.

Take out Ashanti, and you'd have a half good movie...

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I think they could've made that movie much better. Maybe Janice as Dorothy? That would be too much of a "risk to people who don't know character like her." :rolleyes: Ashanti was not a good choice IMO.

Beauregard

Reaction score
As for the Green Fairy reference, I think it was kind-of designed as a "shock moment" for people who know Moulin Rouge who might find it humourous/shocking for the Muppets to make Absenthe-themed-jokes, and/or to have Robin as this character from the movie!

Here's one: The realistic-style dog from KSY. What was the point of that?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I hated her. It would have been cool to see someone like Afghan Hound, more Muppet like.