The "What was the point of that?" Thread

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't so much the character itself that was annoying, as the fact that her voice and personality didn't match her body-shape and Dog-ness at all. It would have been refreshing, otherwise, to have a new female member of the Muppet cast. I wonder if she was designed to kinda bridge the gap between animals, and Muppets, and with it being a prequel perhaps this was alluding to a mutation angle (X-Menish?) that cause the rise of Muppets in the real world...but they never went anything like that far in detail, so if that was the point...it kinda failed.

Hubert

Reaction score
My "What was the point of that?" Quentin Tarantino.

Take out Ashanti, and you'd have a half good movie...
I think they could've made that movie much better. Maybe Janice as Dorothy? That would be too much of a "risk to people who don't know character like her." :rolleyes: Ashanti was not a good choice IMO.
They obviously needed a human to fit that role, but they could've gotten anyone other than Ashanti and made it a million times better. Not that Ashanti's acting ruined the movie, but that since she's an R&B singer, they revolve half the movie around singing R&B esque songs, even to the point of Dorothy not only wanting to go home, but also becoming a famous singer.

Here's one: The realistic-style dog from KSY. What was the point of that?
I feel like at that point, KSY stooped down to an all time low for the Muppets...the dog thing seems like something a cheap movie would do.

Vincent L

Reaction score
But at least the dog looks quite real. Did the creature shop make it?

Hubert

Reaction score
But at least the dog looks quite real. Did the creature shop make it?
That is my biggest problem. The fact that the dog looks real. Make a fun, dog puppet and add that voice and personality and we'll call it a day. But once it looks real, adding a voice just makes it all so fake.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
KSY dont even get me started on that movie. As for MWO my stance still stands I don't like when Muppets role play. :/

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would say the same thing about MWO. Why was that movie even made? :stick_out_tongue:
I have to agree. Why was MOz Made, especially when we had several better scripts and better ideas for telefilms than yet another retelling of a story that's been retold. Say what you will about MFS, at least it took the Muppets out of a storybook plot. MOz brought them back, without a charming script by Jerry Juhl.

My "What was the point of that?" Quentin Tarantino.
Heh... that was the best part of the movie. I wish he directed it. It would have been much lighter.

They obviously needed a human to fit that role, but they could've gotten anyone other than Ashanti and made it a million times better. Not that Ashanti's acting ruined the movie, but that since she's an R&B singer, they revolve half the movie around singing R&B esque songs, even to the point of Dorothy not only wanting to go home, but also becoming a famous singer.
UGH! And how the thing completely ties into American Idol? That explains Fox's mysterious production in the credits. It quite obviously was made to air on Fox, and they wanted the same idiotic programming cross promotions as VMX did. But then Disney bought them out, and they rushed the darn thing... I mean, they didn't need to make a WOZ Muppet project (as TMM had parallels to it anyway...Rainbow Connection and all that), but they certainly didn't need to make it all about being an R&B star.

David French

Reaction score
Yiu may as well then say there was "no point" in making specials like "Hey Cinderella" or "The Frog Prince" since it was "yet another retelling of a story already told."

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This sketch has puzzled me since I first caught it last week.