The "What's the Name of that Song?" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A serious thread, not the make up your own verses for the SST classic thread we had a while back.

Anyway, I was just listening to it on TV the other day, but for the life of me, can't remember the name of it... I'm sure all of you have heard it at least once, it's the song that has a chorus that sounds like car horn honking (honkhonkhonkhonk honk-honk-honk, honk-honkhonk honk-honk), and is usually associated with rednecks and hillbillies... I'm pretty sure it's been used for novelty Christmas items as well, like redneck Santa cruising around in a pimp-out Cadillac with a couple of his reindeer.

Anybody know?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it: "Low Rider" by War

charlietheowl

Reaction score
War kind of gets a rap as a novelty band because of that song and "Why Can't We Be Friends", but they were one of the best soul/R&B bands of the early and mid-seventies. Songs like "All Day Music", "The World Is A Ghetto", "Deliver The Word", and "Summer" are excellent smooth ballads.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anybody know the name of the song used at the end of this video (where Marv is dancing around on the beach)?

It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, but I keep drawing a blank (sickness clouding Snowth's judgement).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, thank you, I needed a memory refresher.