1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The White Monster

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ErinAardvark, May 16, 2017.

1. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark New Member

I wrote this in October of 2016, when I started getting into the Fraggle Rock fandom. This was also the inspiration for my avatar. Not to mention my first attempt at a Fraggle Rock fanfic, so please be kind.

The White Monster​

It was a normal day in outer space. The Silly Creature and the Hairy Monster didn't seem to be around, so Gobo walked out of the hole in order to pick up the postcard from his uncle, Traveling Matt. Just as he picked it up, however, he heard something outside, trying to get in.

"Uh oh," Gobo said. "That might be the Hairy Monster! I'd better get back now before it catches me!"

And with that, the orange Fraggle dashed to the hole, just as a small door at the bottom of the large one opened, and in crawled a strange creature, one that Gobo had never seen before. It was furry, and white, and it had short, pointed ears, a long tail, yellow eyes, and a pink nose. It began sniffing around the room.

"What kind of creature is that?" Gobo wondered.

The white creature stopped at the hole, looked right at Gobo and sniffed. Gobo decided to turn around, and go, but he was jerked back, as he felt something fall on his tail. He turned around, and saw that this new monster had his tail pinned to the ground with it's paw. Then the monster took it's paw off, and began tapping Gobo's baloobius (for those of you who don't know, that's the puff of hair on the end of a Fraggle's tail).

"Oh brother," Gobo groaned. He started to walk away, but the monster kept swatting at his tail.

"Hey, now, stop that!" he shouted. "Quit playing with my tail, eh?!"

The monster didn't listen. It just kept swatting Gobo's tail. Every time Gobo made a move, the monster would swat. It was starting to drive him crazy. Finally, he turned around, stormed up to the monster's face, and hit it in the nose as hard as he could.

"Reow!" the monster shouted, backing up a little.

"I said stop that!" Gobo shouted, giving the monster another hard swat in it's pink nose. "When I say stop, I mean stop! You understand that?!"

The monster did not like that one bit. It's back arched. It's fur seemed to stand on it's end, and it's tail puffed out. It's ears went flat, and it opened it's mouth. A strange hissing noise came from the creature, and Gobo saw that it had fangs, and claws.

"Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to attack a strange monster," he said.

The monster hissed again, and took a swipe at Gobo, missing him by mere inches.

"Yiiiiiii!" the orange Fraggle shouted, and he ran off down the tunnel, just as the creature made another swipe at it with it's paw. The creature managed to squeeze it's way into the hole, and it began sniffing around again. Then it began to go down the tunnel itself, curious to see where it led.

When Gobo came back to the Great Hall, he was telling his friends about the new creature he saw in outer space.

"It wasn't like the Hairy Monster that's usually up there," he said. "This one was smaller, but still bigger than us, and it had claws, and fangs!"

"Claws and fangs?!" Boober shouted, nervously, and he began to shake.

"Yeah, and it hissed!" Gobo shouted. "And it was able to move it's ears!"

"Oooh, it sounds awful!" Mokey shouted.

"It's probably loaded with germs, too," Boober said.

"What else?" Red asked. "What did it look like?"

"It was all white," Gobo said. "Except for it's eyes and nose, and the inside of it's ears. It's eyes were yellow, and it's nose was pink. And it had a long tail and pointed ears."

"Pink?!" Red asked, incredulously. "That's a weird color to be on a monster!"

"All white?" Boober asked. "It must have been an abominable snow monster!"

"Yeah, an abdominal snow monster!" Wembley shouted, somewhat excitedly.

"It couldn't have been an abominable snow monster, Boober," Mokey said. "It's not snowing."

"No, it couldn't have been an abdominal snow monster," Wembley said.

"Besides, the storyteller's told us stories about abominable snow monsters," Red pointed out. "And she said they're kind of like a cross between the Gorgs and the Silly Creatures, and that they walk on two legs, like us."

"Yeah, and this monster walked on four legs," Gobo said. "Like the Hairy Monster that usually lives in outer space."

"You think you'll see it again, Gobo?" Wembley asked.

"I don't know," Gobo said with a shrug. "You never know what you're going to find out there in outer space."

"Well, I think I'll go paint a picture of this white monster," Mokey said. "I've become inspired by your story, Gobo!"

And with that, the Fraggles went their separate ways, for the time being, with Mokey off to paint, Red to practice her diving, Gobo and Wembley to their room, and Boober to his hole, cowering under his blanket at the thought of this new White Monster.

Part 2 coming soon (I don't want to put all five chapters into one thread, you know)

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  2. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark New Member

Here's Part 2

A little while later, Gobo and Wembley were out in the caves, doing a little exploring.

"Gee, Gobo, I've never been to this part of the caves before," Wembley said.

"Neither have I," Gobo admitted. "But that's what exploring is all about. We better be careful, though. I heard rumors about poison cacklers living in here."

"Poison cacklers?" Wembley repeated, nervously.

"Yeah, but I don't know if it's true. After all, it's just a rumor. Come on, let's see where this tunnel leads, eh?"

Wembley nodded, and he and Gobo went down a dimly lit tunnel. It was difficult for the two Fraggles to see where they were going, but they figured they were near a river, since they heard rushing water.

"Maybe we should turn back, Gobo," Wembley said, nervously. "It's getting too dark in here."

"Relax, Wembley," Gobo said. "It'll be okay. I can still see where we're going."

"Okay, if you're sure . . . ."

Wembley didn't like arguing, but this time, he wasn't so sure if he agreed with Gobo about going further down this tunnel.

The two Fraggles continued walking along, and they noticed that the path they were on was getting narrower, and it was starting to give away.

"Hey, Gobo, I think we should start heading back," Wembley said, getting more and more nervous by the second.

"Yeah, I think you're right," Gobo said. "Looks like there's nothing up ahead but a dead end."

The two Fraggles turned around, but just as they were about to leave, the ground beneath them gave away, and they plunged into the river below, screaming all the way. They were immediately caught in the current, and swept downstream. It was too strong for them to swim against it. Immediately, Wembley began panicking. He was screaming and flailing about, trying not to drown, all the while searching for Gobo.

"Gobo! Gobo!" he yelled. "Where are you?!"

"I'm right here, Wembley!" Gobo shouted. "Relax a little, eh?"

"Gobo!" Wembley shouted, and he latched onto his friend like a barnacle on a rock. "What are we gonna do now, Gobo? What are we gonna dooooo?!"

"First of all, don't panic!" Gobo shouted. "We'll just ride down the river until we can get to shore. Besides, it might be fun."

"Yeah, right. Fun. Ha, ha."

"Yeah, just whatever you do, don't panic!"

"Right. Don't panic."

That was not going to be easy, and Gobo knew it. He was scared to death at that moment, considering he and Wembley were being swept away from Fraggle Rock, and neither one of them knew where they would end up. But he knew he had to keep a cool head for Wembley's sake. He knew if he kept calm, Wembley wouldn't panic.

I'm just glad Boober's not here, he thought to himself. He'd be going on and on about us being doomed if he was, and there'd be no way to keep calm then!

It seemed to take forever, but the river's current was beginning to slow down, making it safe for the two Fraggles to swim to shore.

"Well, we made it," Gobo said, as he crawled onto land. Then he stood up, and helped Wembley too his feet. "You okay, Wembley?"

"Yeah," the younger Fraggle said. "I think so. You okay, Gobo?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Come on, let's find our way back home."

Gobo and Wembley began walking around, trying to find their way back to Fraggle Rock. As they were walking, they passed a large cave, and from inside the cave, came a growl. The two Fraggles stopped immediately.

"Uhhh, Wembley . . . ." Gobo said, nervously. "What's that noise?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing," Wembley said, just as nervous as Gobo.

The two Fraggles turned around, and looked into the cave. Something was coming out of it. It was dark red in color, had long, sharp teeth, four long, gangly legs, and a long tail, similar to a scorpion's stinger.

"POISON CACKLER!" both Gobo and Wembley screamed, in perfect unison, and they took off like a shot. The cackler followed them.

Gobo and Wembley managed to outrun the cackler for the moment, but they knew it wouldn't be for long. As they were running, they came to a fork in the path.

"Which way should we go?" Gobo asked.

"Uhhhhh . . . . ." Wembley said, thinking. "Left! No, no, maybe right . . . . no, definitely left! I think. Or maybe . . . ."

"Wembley!" Gobo shouted, frustratedly. "Now's not the time to start wembling!"

"I can't help it, Gobo!" Wembley shouted. "You know it's not easy for me to make decisions!"

Before either Fraggle could say anything more, the poison cackler caught up with them. Both screamed, and ran off, with Gobo running to the right and Wembley running to the left. The cackler was a bit confused, trying to decide which Fraggle to follow. It at least gave Gobo and Wembley some time to get away. Unfortunately, neither of them realized they had separated.

Gobo ran along his path, and it led him to a stairway. He went up, and came out on the ledge where he and Wembley had fallen into the river in the first place.

"Hey, that wasn't a dead end after all!" he shouted. "We just couldn't see the turn in the path because it was so dark! All we have to do is avoid where we fell in the river, and we'll be home in no time, Wembley!"

When Gobo didn't get an answer, he turned around to see if Wembley was behind him. He even started going back down the stairway.

"Wembley!" he called. "Hey, Wembley, where are you, eh?"

Gobo listened for an answer. He got one, but not what he expected.

Meeeeooooowwwwww!

"Yikes!" Gobo shouted, and he began running. "I don't know what that was, but it sure wasn't Wembley! I'd better go get the others!"

And with that Gobo ran off (jumping over the hole in the path) to get his friends to help him look for Wembley.

Wembley, in the meantime, had finally stopped running when he didn't hear the poison cackler behind him anymore. He looked around, and realized Gobo wasn't around, either.

"Uh oh," he said. "Gobo! Gobo, where are you?! I hope the poison cackler didn't get him!"

Wembley began running around, not quite sure what to do, until he bumped into something. He groaned, and got a good look at what he bumped into. It was a large creature with white fur, a long tail, pointed ears, yellow eyes, and a pink nose.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!" Wembley shrieked at the top of his voice. "IT'S THE WHITE MONSTER!"

With that, Wembley took off like a shot. The White Monster just sat there, and watched as the green Fraggle ran off.

"Meow," it said.

Wembley looked over his shoulder to see if the White Monster was chasing him, and he relaxed when he realized it wasn't. It was just sitting there, licking it's paws. He walked over to it, curious.

"Hey, aren't you going to chase me?" he asked.

"Meow," the White Monster said.

"Meow?" Wembley repeated. "What does that mean?"

Wembley decided to get a little closer. That was when the monster opened it's mouth in a huge yawn, showing it's fangs. It also stretched, exposing it's claws. Wembley let out a yelp and ducked behind a rock. He peeked out from behind it, and saw the White Monster just sitting there.

"Does this mean you're not going to eat me?" he asked, coming closer.

The White Monster didn't answer. It bent down and began to sniff at Wembley. Then it began to swat at the green Fraggle's baloobius, like it did with Gobo.

"What are you doing?" Wembley asked. The monster didn't answer. It just continued batting at Wembley's tail.

"Oh, I think I get it," Wembley said. "You want to play!"

Wembley sat down, and swung his tail back and forth while the White Monster tried to catch his baloobius. The monster did catch it once or twice, and began chewing on it, but to Wembley's surprise, it didn't hurt.

"Gee, you're a nice monster," he said.

"Meow," the White Monster replied.

The monster then sat up, and began licking it's paw. Once it was done licking it's paw, it began rubbing it against the side of it's face. Then it started licking it's paw again, and rubbing it on it's face again, over and over. Suddenly, it stopped, and began to stare into the shadows. Wembley looked into the same direction, wondering what it was doing. The monster began to move toward the shadows, slowly. It began to make funny growling noises, which made Wembley nervous. Suddenly, the White Monster arched it's back. It's ears flattened, it's tail puffed up, and it hissed.

"Yiiiiiikes!" Wembley shouted, and he ran off. "Maybe it wasn't such a nice monster after all!"

Wembley ran off without even a second look at the White Monster, especially if it had gone from calm and collected to frightening in that short period of time. Unfortunately, he wasn't out of the woods yet. As he was running away from the White Monster, he came across the poison cackler again. He tried to stop before the cackler could see him, but wound up skidding, and he collided right into it.

"Oh no . . . ." he groaned.

The poison cackler lunged, and Wembley got out of the way just in time. He took off like a shot with the poison cackler hot on his heels. Unfortunately, he ran right into a dead end, and with the poison cackler right behind him, there was no way out. Wembley tried to climb the wall, but it was too slick. He was backed up against the wall, with the cackler closing in on him. There was only one alternative now.

"HEEEEELLLLLLP" Wembley shrieked at the top of his voice. "GOBO MOKEY BOOBER RED ANYBODY HEEEEELLLLP!"

The poison cackler snickered and was about to grab Wembley, when something tackled him from the side, and a loud screech was heard.

"Rrreeeeeeeoooooowwww!"

Wembley dared to look, and there was the White Monster on top off the poison cackler. It's front legs were wrapped around the cackler's head, while it's hind feet were rapidly kicking and clawing at the cackler's body. It was also biting the cackler, hissing, and shrieking. The cackler fought back, though. It rolled over, and managed to free itself from the White Monster. The White Monster stood firm, growling and hissing at the cackler, and swatting at it with it's paw every time it tried to come near. The poison cackler hissed as well, and tried to make a move, but the White Monster shrieked, and latched itself onto the cackler, biting, clawing, kicking, and screaming. The two monsters were rolling around, dishing out everything they had, but the White Monster was really giving the poison cackler a run for it's money. Every time the cackler managed to get free of the White Monster, the White Monster would jump onto him again with that loud shriek, and practically scratch the living daylights out of it. Finally, the poison cackler gave up, and crawled away on it's belly. It wasn't going to go anywhere near the White Monster again! The White Monster growled and hissed until it was out of sight. Once it was, the White Monster began licking it's paw, and rubbing it's ears. Wembley just stared at it, like he couldn't believe it. He'd never seen anything take on a poison cackler, and win!

"How'd you . . . . you just . . . . and then you . . . and . . . . and . . . ." he stammered. Then his eyes rolled around, and he fainted. It was all too much for him.

The White Monster walked up to Wembley, and sniffed at him. It tapped him with it's paw, but Wembley didn't respond. The White Monster then picked up the green Fraggle by the back of his shirt collar, and walked off.

WhoseLineFan likes this.