The White Stripes broke up today

Princeton

Reaction score
It's official: rock group The White Stripes broke up today. Their music was a little too weird for me, but they were a famous group all the same and it's always sad to see music groups break up. If I had to pick a favorite White Stripes song, it would probably be "Doorbell", although my favorite Jack White performance ever is his guest appearance on Electric Six's "Danger! High Voltage!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
The only song I really know by The White Stripes is their song from the "Napoleon Dynamite" soundtrack and I do like that one pretty well. - "I Think We're Gonna Be Friends"- I think that is the name of it. Too bad to hear of their breakup, but then again, I can't say I was really a fan though.

Kiki

Reaction score
I heard this not so long ago. .__. It totally sucks, as they were such an awesome band, though as they go their seperate ways I'm sure Meg and Jack will continue to rock, esp. since Mr. White does so many collaborations with other artists.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Very sad news - they were always a fun duo. The last song they played live together was almost two years ago, on Conan O'Brien's last Late Night - they played a beautiful, raw rendition of We're Going to Be Friends. A lot of people didn't like it but I adored it.