The "Who Has An Accent?" Thread

Bridget

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody spoke with little or heavy accent. My best friend pointed out to me that I have a strong "New York" type of accent, and now I feel kind of weird! I went home to ask my parents if that was true and sure enough they agreed! I'm really paranoid now... I mean-
I say: "Dowg" as opposed to "Dog"
"Wawtarh" as opposed to "Water"
So strange...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MrsPepper has said that I talk slow and that I tend to stretch my vowels whenever I speak... personally, I don't hear it, but I guess it sounds more obvious to a Canadian, or any northern for that matter.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My grandfather came over from Ireland in 1927, and I've seemed to inherit his brogue.
More than once, people have stopped me and thought from my accent I've just got off the boat, but I was born and bred here. Then to compound matters, others thought I have some Southern inflections, despite being a Yankee-doodle-do-or-die.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Everyone has an accent.

Everyone has a dialect.

It depends where you're from.

My mom always says I sound like I'm from the mid west. Meaning, I have no discernible accent. Although, I was listening to a recording of myself and if you are familiar with SGBLikesToPlay on youtube, the way I talk inflection wise is pretty similar to how Elliot talks, but that makes sense since they are from the same part of Philly as I am.