The Why They Left Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do you ever wonder why certain actors left Sesame Street? Well, maybe we can explain them to everyone in one convenient thread as possible.

So to start off, my questions are why did David Langston Smyrl (Mr. Handford) and Imani Patterson (the second Miles) leave?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really knows why but then I can only speak for myself. It's common in the entertainment world for people to leave and it may or may not always mean something was wrong. I can only speak for a couple of people.

Matt Robinson 1st Gorson probably wanted to go back to producing TV show since he was a producer long before SS. I don't know about the 2nd Gordon Hal Miller.

Alaina Reed who was Olviva left because she was starring on the sitcom 227 and had to choose between the 2. Matter of fact a MC member who hasn't been here for sometime mentioned he met her once and she said that was the reason.

as for the others that were just mention or even those others on in the early years

Charlotte Rae/Molly the Mail Lady

Larry Block/Tom Mr. Hooper's 1st helper

Who knows. All we can do is wonder.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't know that about Matt Robinson, but I did understand Alaina Reed left the show to be on another.

BEAR

Reaction score
Didn't Matt Robinson help produce The Cosby Show?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yes he did, and he was also a writer for the show until season seven but I think he was a writing consultant for the remander of the series. I think he might have worked on Sanford and Son, too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I think he might have worked on Sanford and Son, too.
Yeah, you said something about that when I commented on seeing "Grady" on that YouTube Sesame Street 10th Anniversary Special video saying the alphabet among James Earl Jones, The Fonz, and others.