1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The World According to Sesame Street" premieres

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by beaker, Jan 26, 2006.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

...well, sort of. I've been keeping up with the Sundance Film Festival, and one of the biggest hits of the whole thing seems to be a new documentary called
    "The World According To Sesame Street", a pretty interesting look at how Sesamet Street has to be adapted to meet the sometimes harsh realities and unique cultural circumstances of many countries abroad.
    According to reviews, the documentary film goes behind the scenes from the(now former) Muppet workshop of New York to the 1969 beginnings to controversy surrounding Kami(the AIDS muppet) and everything in between on a global scale. From what I've read, the main theme is how Sesame Street has come into a wide variety of vastly differing cultures and is trying to bridge the gap between different cultures.(the film covers a new Sesame Street aimed at war torn Serbians/Albanians, and another in Bangladesh)
    Here's links on it:
    official site:
    http://www.participantproductions.com/films/Coming Soon/63/TheWorldAccordingtoSesameStreet
    reviews:
    http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=news_home&articleID=2150292
    http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117929346?categoryid=31&cs=1

Definately will go on my top ten films to see in the theatre this year!
    (especially since I love documentaries) Besides the inetrnational and socio-political aspect, I'm curious to see what behind the scenes/Muppeteer stuff it will have.
  2. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Most likely will be "limited release" and go to DVD real quick
  3. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

Nah, we'll never see it.
  4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

It is currently planned to have somewhat of a "limited theatrical release", so don't expect to see it playing at your local mall or every cineplex...but it may possibly surface in your smaller theaters that show the art films, independent films, foreign films, documentaries, short films, etc.... It will then get a home video release sometime afterwards as well.
  5. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

This would definitely be something different... the people at Henson have never done something like this before.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Shell, I couldn't even find Mirrormask, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away in theaters. I doubt I'll ever be able to see this. Sounds great.
  7. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

What makes you think that? I believe it will be on dvd, many sundance films end up on dvd and it might be on the Sundance channel (it would be nice) so there are ways to bring it to the public.
  8. SesameStoner

SesameStoner New Member

i think it will surface on the net soon