The World According to Sesame Street

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's also a real eye opener to see how kids are raised to hate certain groups for no other reason then that's what they were taught and hence why we have so many problems in the world today. But it was really fascinating and I tear up by the end every time.

I tear up too. And also throw up. Here, innocent kids are taught to be mindless automotons of their facist leaders who don't give a crap about them. or for that matter the other side. They just want to take over the world, and opress more than one group of people.

Big Bird is imperialistic my foot. Of course, I found it funny that China (one of the most selfimperialistic countries I know) wanted to have Big Bird on their show.

But seriously, when Imperialism = drop your bombs, and work on your own problems, you know what kind of state the world is in.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I tear up too. And also throw up. Here, innocent kids are taught to be mindless automotons of their facist leaders who don't give a crap about them. or for that matter the other side. They just want to take over the world, and opress more than one group of people.

Big Bird is imperialistic my foot. Of course, I found it funny that China (one of the most selfimperialistic countries I know) wanted to have Big Bird on their show.

But seriously, when Imperialism = drop your bombs, and work on your own problems, you know what kind of state the world is in.
Yeah this documentary really brought out a lot of emotions I never thought I'd express towards this kind of stuff and really made me think about things I never would give a second thought to normally.

What I also found heartwarming though is how through the Muppets, these kids who really don't have much else in their life can find a joy in gathering in their dilapidated, war torn homes and watch Sesame on these donated televisions and such. I think it would make Jim Henson so happy to see essentially his creations having that sort of affect today.