The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Eyeball

Reaction score
This almost 2 months old, and if you saw any recent family movie, it probably had this as a trailer but it looks ugly, and bad. It's from the creator of that "El Tigre" Nick animated show, which I remember was horrible. And, it's from Real Fx, the people who made Free Birds. http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-...-unlike-any-cg-feature-youve-seen-100084.html :sigh:
I didn't think the animation on that is so bad, it's just heavily stylised to be somewhat tim burton esque.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
It's stylised alright, but so it looks really ugly to me. I have a feeling it will dissapoint at the Box Office.

Eyeball

Reaction score
It's stylised alright, but so it looks really ugly to me. I have a feeling it will dissapoint at the Box Office.
I think your most probably right, animated movies don't do so well at the box office anymore if they aren't disney or dreamworks right? (I'm no expert on this so don't bit my head off if in wrong lol)

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I think your most probably right, animated movies don't do so well at the box office anymore if they aren't disney or dreamworks right? (I'm no expert on this so don't bit my head off if in wrong lol)
Well, you're half right. Disney is having success lately, Dreamworks, not so much. Plus, Despicable Me 2 made 300+ million dollars in the USA alone a year ago. That's from Illumination, Universal's CGI movie subsidary.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Well, you're half right. Disney is having success lately, Dreamworks, not so much. Plus, Despicable Me 2 made 300+ million dollars in the USA alone a year ago. That's from Illumination, Universal's CGI movie subsidary.
Ah thanks, I have no idea how dispicable me made so much money, I thought it kinda sucked IMO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sorry, but that doesn't even look remotely awful. Is it a bane to Pixar who's also trying to get a Dia de Los Muertos movies out? Sure, but this guy clearly had it in mind well before Pixar came up with the concept.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I know. The story seems bad IMO, and WAS probably around before Pixar came up with their own little movie,but the unique animation is enough to make me not want to see it. I don't know, it just doesn't work to me. Also, Pixar has declined very obviously lately. I eel the were at heir best from 1999 to 2009, then it all changed for me, at least when Toy Story 3 came out. That to me is the worst pixar movie,yes I think it's much worse than Cars 2. They had an interesting concept, but did it the worst way possible.