The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Hi! Sorry i haven't been here in a while. So, who thinks the book of life seems cliche now that it came out?

Luke kun

Reaction score
The old zebra is a striped horse bit.

So, what the heck is up with all the CGI fish movies at Target? I swear there's like 5 of them (not counting the certain good one by the good studio... nor Shark Tale, as they don't keep it in stock). I know there's one that has a fake CGI cover and is really an old anime or something, but I can never remember the name of it.

Didn't manage to walk by a RedBox and point out the stupider ones they have in there, and last time I did it actually had some decent stuff advertised... Scooby-Doo movies and the like.
I saw The Reef 2: Back to the Sea while I was at Target in the Christiana Mall in Delaware. And I thought of you guys.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to say this about the Book of Life. It may not be the greatest animated film ever, but it certainly doesn't belong to be here. It was certainly one of the most visually stunning CGI movies I've seen in a while (especially the land of the remembered... pure eye candy). I'm disappointed I couldn't get to a theater that had it in 3-D.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
What's a redbox? And where can these crappy CGI movies be found?
A Redbox is a video rental machine which can be found at 7-11 stores or at supermarkets. It usually lets you rent videos from it.
Oh, and my dad had to go to a shopping center which had a Toys R Us in it, and I stopped there in case they had the Adagio Dazzle doll I wanted, and guess what movie had merchandise near the front of the entrance?

I can see how Equestria Girls (another limited release film) can get merchandise because it's a spin-off of another cash cow, but a direct-to-video quality limited release? What's next, The Last Flight of the Champion getting merchandise?
And speaking of bad merchandise-driven movies, the Oogieloves show was supposedly supposed to start this year, but I've heard no news about it, except that it's getting a DVD release in Brazil soon...I haven't seen the toys for sale either-they're almost as hard to find as the Scarecrow plush from Mumfie!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can see how Equestria Girls (another limited release film) can get merchandise because it's a spin-off of another cash cow, but a direct-to-video quality limited release?
Equestria Girls was essentially Hasbro trying to expand back into the fashion doll field since they kinda don't have one, and it was easier to piggy back on a successful franchise than to try to make a new one. They made the movie to advertise the toyline. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

And you know, I'm not surprised there would be a third party crayon company tie-in to that stupid movie. I'm sure the film was just a marketing gimmick as well. Only, you know, stupid.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's telling when not even RoseArt, which makes really crappy crayons, wanted to partner with them.