The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
yes the guardians movie and ow to train your dragon are good films and actuALLY pretty much lack that annoying fart humor. I REALLY don't like fart jokes.
Is mort the baby lemur? I never remember that thing's name and for the longest time I thought it was a girl.

Harleena

Reaction score
Chicken Little doesn't deserve the hate it gets. It's not Disney's greatest film, but it's charming enough. At least it wasn't the snoozefest Dinosaur was.
Exactly! That and Home on the Range are actually two of my favorite Disney movies, but then again that may just be the nostalgia talking.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
that's ok. there are some films I adore that people really hate. like some of thw star wars prequels.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Tangled was screwed all along the way. It was almost an unspeakably horrible movie involving time travel.
I...LIKED that original footage and HATE what it became. "Oh, look, all the lanterns, on a boat with my prince!" "NO, I WANT TIME TRAVEL!!!!"

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
wait what? where is there time travel in Tangled? Did the Doctor pop up somewhere and I didn't see it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is mort the baby lemur? I never remember that thing's name and for the longest time I thought it was a girl.
Yeah. Mort the baby lemur, voiced by Andy Richter even in cartoon series form, that has a foot fetish specifically for King Julien's feet. I actually disliked the character in the film, but he's become one of my favorites since the POM cartoon series. They used him better there.

Exactly! That and Home on the Range are actually two of my favorite Disney movies, but then again that may just be the nostalgia talking.
Chicken Little was a quirky little film. I'm sure it would fly today with everything being so insanely quirky it's like Zoey Deschanel puked all over the place. But somehow it rubbed some people the wrong way. I don't get it, myself. Their animation department was much better under Pixar's leadership and all, but I liked that for a while they completely abandoned princess movies. It's still a fairy tale story, but they pretty much made it their own film. Plus, I just love the character designs on that one.

Dinosaur on the other hand.... I understand this was their first non-Pixar, self contained studio film and they didn't quite get the hang of it yet. And I totally understand they added dialogue last minute because they didn't think anyone would want to sit through 90 minutes of silence. But it's that very problem that made the movie worse than it needed to be. The character designs were ugly, especially the pee yellow monkey. The plot was a lame cliche that wouldn't have been so obvious without the dialogue. Just everything about it was unappealing and dull. This is coming from someone who came from Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas and snuck in. The live action Flintstone movie was a better film about Dinosaurs than this one. Disney made a 90 minute 20 minute short Imax movie.

And the weirdest thing is, that exact same thing happened with the Walking with Dinosaurs movie (adding dialogue last minute), and from what I hear, they managed to make that film even worse than Dinosaur.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
yes the guardians movie and ow to train your dragon are good films and actuALLY pretty much lack that annoying fart humor. I REALLY don't like fart jokes.
Fart jokes CAN be funny, unless they're done too often. Shows like Family Guy often abuse that to the point where pretty much EVERY episode has a fart joke in it. Don't get me wrong, I like Family Guy, I just think that that kind of humor gets old real fast.

Harleena

Reaction score
Fart jokes CAN be funny, unless they're done too often. Shows like Family Guy often abuse that to the point where pretty much EVERY episode has a fart joke in it. Don't get me wrong, I like Family Guy, I just think that that kind of humor gets old real fast.
I agree. Any type of joke is only funny if you use it in moderation.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
which is my problem with the shrek films. i know ogers are supposed to be gross and all but do we really need all of that toilet humor?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Not really an animated movie per say but I just saw the Bay TMNT movie and that was very, very, very, VERY heavily endorsed with CGI.

That and there were barely any martial arts, the camera shots were bizarre and uncomfortable, the main villains were underplayed despite how ridiculous they looked, April while well written was bland and poorly acted and at times not the brightest blub (which is a shame because Megan Fox is apparently a huge TMNT fan, maybe she just needed better direction?) all the action scenes were just utterly ridiculous, the character designs were a complete mess, Splinter was horrendously portrayed, and there was little to no real emotion or morals, except for when it came out of nowhere and had nothing to do with the plot.

I guess the things I did like were the turtles origins and April being connected, the turtles personaities being almost spot on and I did like how they wrote April for the first fifteen minutes but that's really about it. Man, there was so much wasted potential, why did they choose Bay?! Why!!!