1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaker, Jul 6, 2013.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I agree. And the reasons why are probably money, popularity, and Hollywood is running out of ideas.

muppetgem likes this.
  2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

It's not so much they're out of ideas. They only want ideas that would warrant the most money, or they think would warrant it, regardless of how stupid that idea is.

MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

^ There. That.

Hollywood has come to a point where it's not even about quality or storytelling anymore, it's all about profits and revenue.

Well, actually, Hollywood has been guilty of this for a long time now, it just seems more blatant now that just about any random and insignificant thing you can imagine under the sun is being turned into a movie. Heck, they're probably already working on a fidget spinners movie as we speak.

4. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm glad Disney is still making great movies, like Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Moana.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. muppetgem

Well, like I just said, at least Disney is still making good movies in my opinion. But, Pixar, do we REALLY need a Cars 3?? I just hope Coco is good.

But about the Emoji Movie, I still think it's gonna be even worse than Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure, but who knows? It could end up being funny after all. But I wouldn't get my hopes up about it.

What's with those fidget spinners, anyway? Why do all the elementary school kids want one all of a sudden? It's just like when Silly Bands were the big thing in elem. school.

6. mr3urious

And if filmgoers want more "originality" in American cinema, they need to vote with their dollars and go see those original films whenever they do crop up. After all, money talks.

7. muppetgem

As Mr. Krabs would say:
    "The money is always right!"

Luke kun, mr3urious and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

I agree. Not only is it a bad idea, but itlooks like a major Inside Out ripoff. Some of the characters look similar to ones from that movie, and some of the humans resemble Riley's classmates!
    I agree! Captain Underpants looks promising, and reminds me of the Peanuts movie!

9. muppetgem

I was thinking it was more of a ripoff of the Lego Movie (the titles are similar, the plots are kinda similar, that girl emoji looks a lot like Wyldstyle), but now that I think about it, it does kinda seem like an Inside Out ripoff, too.

10. mr3urious

The Meh emoji reminds me more of Sour Bill from Wreck-it Ralph, both in looks and voice.

11. muppetgem

Holy crap, you're right! I never realized that! But seriously though, doesn't that girl emoji that's the main emoji's love interest (can't think of either of their names right now) look just like Wyldstyle from The Lego Movie?

12. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

I was looking up TV listings and stumbled upon this show:

Doesn't this look like a clone of Norm of the North?

13. muppetgem

Nah, I think Grizzly and the Lemmings looks a lot better than Norm of the North. The humor is more charming (it reminds me of the old Tom and Jerry cartoons). Plus, these lemmings are a lot cuter than Norm's lemmings.

14. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

Speaking of bad CGI animated movies, here's the trailer for the second Nut Job.

Not only is the second movie planned for 2017, they also made costumes for it to tie in with a frozen yogurt shop.
    [​IMG]
    If that wasn't bad enough, there's also going to be a live show. I kid you not.

15. muppetgem

But... but, why, though?

WHY!? Why do we need this!??

Oh, wait, it's because of money, that's why. Sometimes, I feel like a lot of companies are being run by Mr. Krabs himself.
    [​IMG]

Oh, and I should mention that the cute-but-evil mouse is a complete ripoff of Snowball from the Secret Life of Pets.

Luke kun and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  16. mr3urious

There's no way this will succeed. The first Nut Job's success was dumb luck, and if Spark was a massive flop, I don't see this being very successful, either.

muppetgem and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  17. MikaelaMuppet

Wasn't Rob Schneider in The Nut Job?

18. MikaelaMuppet

Or this guy:

[​IMG]

muppetgem likes this.
  19. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Or this guy: