1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaker, Jul 6, 2013.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Tell me this is a joke:
    [​IMG]
    It even looks like something you'd see on deviantART.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I dunno, I think it looks okay. Not exactly something I'd go and see in a theater, though. Maybe it'd work better as a TV or a DTV movie instead.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like one to me.

4. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't it be theatrical? I would love for this to succeed, as American animated films released to theaters that are based on currently-airing cartoons (with the same production crew & voice cast) rarely do, unlike in Japan where anime-based films thrive. The Simpsons, South Park, Beavis & Butt-head, Rugrats, and SpongeBob are the only exceptions. The MLP movie released in the '80s was largely a flop, so hopefully this would would buck the trend (no pun intended).

5. muppetgem

I see your point, and I take back what I said earlier. Still, I personally wouldn't go and see the MLP movie in theaters, mostly cause it would be kinda embarrassing being a 15 year old surrounded by little girls, LOL. But still, it doesn't look too bad (it's great to see another 2D animated Western film), and it beats the crap out of the Emoji Movie.

Now, I would LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE to see a Steven Universe movie, but that's off-topic...

6. mr3urious

Also, it looks miles better than the other Hasbro films released recently, especially Jem.

7. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

I think it has a better chance at success because the only real competition it'll have is The Lego Ninjago Movie coming out a couple weeks before.

Personally, I'd be more eager for Animal Crackers earlier that month...
    ...if they actually bother to deliver on that release date. Considering it was made outside the studio system (and despite an all-star cast), that seems unlikely.

mr3urious and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Despicable me came out on Friday saw on Saturday. I thought it was really good and funny (minions stole the show again without having a big a role) but I just don't think it was as good as the previous film

9. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

Oh, I think you should see this:

Who's willing to take bets it might be a dud at the box office?

muppetgem and mr3urious like this.
  10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So it's MONSTER HOUSE, GNOMEO AND JULIET, CORALINE, and HOME ALONE somehow blended all into one movie?

muppetgem likes this.
  11. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

Apparently.

Just when we thought John H. Williams gave up... oh wait, there was Get Squirrely before this.

12. mr3urious

Vanguard's previous films were flops, so there's a strong chance this will be, too.

13. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

Not to mention a small-time distributor giving it a "sort of" wide release of about 1000 theaters.

Oh, and that's nothing compared to their next film Charming, i.e. a Shrek/Tangled wannabe several years too late.

14. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

15. muppetgem

16. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Do you remember which arcade it was? Since I'm going to AC next week. It had to be either Central Pier or Playcade, as that's the two arcades that show up when I search "Atlantic City arcade". If they still have them, I'm gonna try to win one. (Did you win anything that trip?) And this is coming from someone who LIKES SpongeBob!

17. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

So...
    ...it appears that critics have trashed The Emoji Movie. Granted, I was expecting it to be bad...
    ...but not to get that level of negative reception.

muppetgem likes this.
  18. muppetgem

And look at the Rotten Tomatoes score! A whopping 3%!!!! You what this calls for:

scooterfan360 and Luke kun like this.
  19. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Last time I checked, it was 0%. Oh well. :grouchy:

muppetgem likes this.
  20. mr3urious

So The Emoji Movie was #2 at the box office and made back about half its $50 million budget, above Smurfs: The Lost Village but far below the Hotel Transylvania and Cloudy movies. It might turn a profit either way, unfortunately, but hopefully the marketing costs would be too high for that.

We've also yet to hear from overseas grosses, which I'm dreading. :(

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=30&p=.htm