1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaker, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

As Ducky would say "Yup, yup, yup". You've got a point there

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

Not to mention that Alpha & Omega was produced by who could very well be the opposite of Don Bluth, Richard Rich. I'm not even joking when I say that.

Flaky Pudding and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  3. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I saw a DVD for what I assume to be a Christian cartoon at the store a while back called All of God's Creatures. It looked cute and all, but there was one problem:Every single creature on the cover was an animal that doesn't exist *rolls eyes* I get that kids like stuff with weird creatures, but with a title like that:They should've at least stuck to using real animal lol :p

4. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

Hmm, I believe that's the US title for Ooops! Noah is Gone..., I saw it a while back and thought it was not half-bad for an imported CG film bought by a US distributor tossed into Redbox, Netflix and $5 DVD bins.

5. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

Oh, here's another one to talk about:

I'm... a bit speechless, to be honest.

muppetgem likes this.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wow. That's probably the most impressive Sony's animation has ever looked . . . I mean those animals look quite lifelike: they actually look like actual animals wearing cute little clothes.

7. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

True that, but they also got Animal Logic on board.

8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Ugh! First The Emoji Movie, now this. I hope this thing gets snatched up by the Black Rabbit of Inlé, or run over by a hrududu. :rolleyes:

muppetgem likes this.
  9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Why a Peter Rabbit movie?

10. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Aaaand Beatrix Potter is rolling in her grave.

Why did they have to make Peter an adult and Mr. McGregor young? And why did they use the old "human and animal screaming back and forth at each other" gag? I swear this movie is ten years too late. The CGI (which actually looks really nice) is the only good thing about this.

mr3urious likes this.
  11. mr3urious

It really does feel like something that came out around the time of the live-action Chipmunks bandwagon, but nowadays it's mostly on its way out, as the fourth entry showed us.

Really would have liked to see a more traditional telling of the story closer to Beatrix Potter's vision, and The Peanuts Movie shows that it is possible. But unfortunately Peter Rabbit is in the public domain unlike Peanuts, so it gives free reign for any old studio to do whatever they want.

muppetgem likes this.
  12. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

Indeed. And for the record, there were other adaptations of Peter Rabbit before. Not just the better-made live action/animated miniseries The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends from the 90's but also a direct-to-video animated film produced by the "politically correct bargain bin knock-off" studio Golden Films.

Also, Walt Disney was interested in doing a film adaptation way back when but Potter refused.

muppetgem likes this.
  13. mr3urious

There was even a preschool series made for Nick Jr. a couple years ago, but I think it ended its run. Even that's more respectful than what Sony's doing.

muppetgem likes this.
  14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

And don't forget the HBO Storybook Musicals version too.

15. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Member

Somewhat off-topic, but Harvey Weinstein's been fired from the studio for allegations of sexual misconduct...

...or maybe it isn't off-topic, given the brothers' mishandling of certain animated films.

mr3urious likes this.
  16. mr3urious

Imagine what they could have done to Studio Ghibli's films had Miyazaki not put his foot down.

I'd like to see that "No cuts" katana that he supposedly sent them.