1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaker, Jul 6, 2013.

1. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Dear God, this looks awful. Not even 30 seconds into the trailer and there's already 3 fart jokes in a row. And that twerking gnome made me cringe so hard. Also, "No ship, Sherlock"? "What the fertilizer"? REALLY??? I have a feeling this one's gonna fail.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

The gnomeo and Juliet film was bad enough. Why a sequel

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

There's Hollywood for ya. Nothing but unoriginal ideas.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  4. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Like The Nut Job, G&J was enough of a lucky hit for Touchstone to make a sequel. Hopefully like The Nut Job 2, Sherlock Gnomes will be a flop.

ConsummateVs and BlakeConor14 like this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Wait . . . Touchstone did GNOMEO & JULIET?

Come to think of it, Touchstone still makes movies? I haven't seen anything from them since, like, the 90s.

6. mr3urious

Drtooth mentioned a couple of times that John Lasseter tried his best to pull the plug on it, and Disney released under Touchstone as a contractual obligation.

7. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Well-Known Member

Well, considering that Paramount Animation hasn't been doing too hot except for Sponge Out of Water, that seems like a possibility.

8. cuppajoe95

9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

10. BlakeConor14

11. mr3urious

It's unfortunate to hear this once again, but like Chris Savino Lasseter at least feels genuinely remorseful about all this. He's obviously going the Kevin Clash route by resigning to avoid embarrassing himself and further damage his career.

12. D'Snowth

And to avoid further hurting the company they're affiliated with. It was sad to lose Kevin, but it was the best thing not only for himself, but for SST as well.

mr3urious likes this.
  13. BlakeConor14

Can Kevin not be rehired after his rape allegations were found to be false

14. mr3urious

The Peter Rabbit monstrosity is coming out on the same weekend (Feb. 9) as the third Fifty Shades movie.

Who to root for? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  15. BlakeConor14

I know lets not see either and Let them both flop together HAHAHAH

16. mr3urious

Hopefully there are enough families who would rather save themselves the torture and see Aardman's Early Man the following week instead.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  17. BlakeConor14

That looks good

18. D'Snowth

Again, I will say the PETER RABBIT movie looks impressive from an animation stand point: I mean they really do look like what you might expect animals that can talk and wear clothes look like if they actually existed in nature . . . and that's really all I can say about it; otherwise, the movie as a whole looks totally pointless and didn't even need to be made.

ConsummateVs and mr3urious like this.
  19. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Well-Known Member

The characters do look nice, but to me, it seemed like a rip-off of both the live-action Garfield (with the main character befriending other animals) and this film (the trying to prevent something from ruining the place they call home)

I had to see this on every movie I've seen since December. Yup, even on The Greatest Showman. Also, the ending was weird to me.
    And just in case anyone needs a break from awful CGI movies, it looks like we're finally going to get another 2D film no less than a year after My Little Pony:
    [​IMG]
    I know some people might think this is a bad idea, but this show is extremely popular and it's good to see another 2D movie in theaters. The trailer comes out tomorrow.

20. cuppajoe95

Not sure if I'm the only one here who knows about this film, but Pantelion (the folks who brought Americans the CG film in the Huevos series) released this South American film Stateside last week (it competed with the My Little Pony movie in its home countries and a few others):

[​IMG]