1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaker, Jul 6, 2013.

1. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Well-Known Member

And now I present to you a poorly animated rip-off of Captain Underpants from the UK!

2. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

One of the worst kids programs EVER.

3. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

See, this is why I hate it when shows take toilet humor up to 11.

And that thing looks like an even uglier version of Fanboy.

4. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Well-Known Member

Oh, and for those not in the know, this was actually based on a book series. At least in the TV series, not-George & not-Harold look less like Dav Pilkey knockoffs than the books:

[​IMG]

5. cuppajoe95

cuppajoe95 Well-Known Member

Disney just came out with this teaser:

6. ConsummateVs

So, I finally got around to seeing the Emoji Movie. While it wasn't quite as terrible as I thought it would be, it was still really dumb.

The plot was super unoriginal (main character feels like he dosen't fit in, so he goes on a quest along with other misfits to try and fit in), it was packed to the brim with cliches and stereotypes, and a lot of the characters were super annoying (especially the High Five emoji). Not to mention the whole film was pretty much an advertisement for certain popular apps like Spotify and YouTube.

I will say though, it was kinda so bad, it's good. There were certain parts in the movie that I couldn't help but laugh at because they were so cheesy. And I did like the scene with the internet troll and virus bar (with a literal Trojan Horse as the bartender). But I definitely would not watch The Emoji Movie again, and I would not reccomend it to anyone unless they are only watching it to make fun of it MST3K style (like I did). I honestly would rather watch Dorbees 5 times in a row than watch this once again.

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So, Gnomeo and Juliet are back.

Why?

Froggy Fool likes this.
  8. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Because of money. The answer to everything in showbiz.

9. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

John Lasseter did everything in his power to stop G&J, but it made a decent amount at the box office due to having no competition. Looks like this would be no different, unfortunately.

10. ConsummateVs

I'm really not looking forward to the new Grinch movie. The Grinch looks too cute and cuddly here (he looks like a Who, honestly) when he should look creepy and menacing. Plus the movie just overall feels too much like Despicable Me (which isn't a surprise given that it's from the same studio). Why can't Hollywood just leave the classics alone?

11. D'Snowth

Because the live action Grinch was considered a trainwreck and a disaster, so they're probably wanting to make up for ti . . . I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting a CGI Cat in the Hat movie to make up for that live action version that people hate even more the the live action Grinch.

12. ConsummateVs

I liked the live action Grinch movie. I thought Jim Carrey made an excellent Grinch. The Cat in the Hat movie, on the other hand...

13. D'Snowth

I know the live action Grinch is something of a cult movie, but critics and Dr. Seuss' estate hated it. After the live action Cat in the Hat, Dr. Seuss' estate prohibited his books and specials from being adapted into live action remakes ever again.

14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I dunno...I see nothing wrong with how he looks. he still looks like the grinch. if anything I have to complain about is his voice doesnt fit the character. its not gruff enough.

I mean he wasn't exactly menacing looking in the cartoon either
    [​IMG]

if anything he looks even MORE accurate to the book version

[​IMG]

Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  15. mr3urious

I don't see what the big problem is. The Grinch more or less looks the same, and we haven't heard enough of Benedict Cumberbatch's voice to really see how gruff he gets. At least this looks a lot better than Illumination's take on The Lorax, which the fangirls totally ruined thanks to the Once-ler's appearance, not to mention the padding and the overall diminished environmental message the book and TV special delivered.

16. ConsummateVs

They've really been marketing the crap out of Sherlock Gnomes. I keep getting these annoying ads for it on YT, and they will not go away.

And look at this stupid poster for it:
    [​IMG]
    I just... wow. I'd say this is just as bad as this. Not only is the gnome's face rather scary (he looks so dead and soulless), but the "pun" dosen't make any sense at all. "Gnomepool"? "Kicking grass"? Boy, whoever writes these puns should start doing stand-up. I've seen better ones on Laffy Taffy wrappers. :rolleyes:

(Sorry to go on a rant there. I just had to express my annoyance with this movie.)

Froggy Fool likes this.
  17. D'Snowth

It's already been dubbed the worst movie poster in cinema history.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  18. D'Snowth

So apparently there's going to be a HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 3. Why?

19. mr3urious

Obviously, the 2nd one was a hit.

20. D'Snowth