The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
Illegal. So illegal. Why don't these people get sued?
In the case of most of these Mockbusters, they completely change the plot of the film, leaving just the concepts stolen. Mainly due to the fact that these things have to be rushed out before the film comes out, and there's no way for them to get a complete run down to steal. Ratatoing is about a rat who steals dishes from other chefs and claims them as his own (which somehow sounds like a full on confession, if you ask me), for example. While Disney should take them on in court and they do have the tough enough lawyers to do it, these studios could just easily show the film's side by side and point out the fact that only the concepts are the same. Personally, I don't see why ABC didn't sue Fox for rushing out cheap knockoffs of reality shows (Trading Spouses and Nanny 911 made ONLY to get a jump on ABC to make them look like they're ripping Fox off).

However, this film is an exact clone of Planes down to the character designs and racing concept. And the worst thing is they have these terrible D-G list celebrities. At least with the crappy Studio Brinqo movies, you at least get to hear Mike Pollack (Dr. Eggman) and Eric Stuart (80% of characters in anything 4Kids used to dub) instead of Rob FREAKING Schneider. I apologize. Apparently there is something worse than putting Dane Cook in Planes. Putting an even less funny "comedian" in a cheap Planes ripoff.

Oh... and GUESS where I found this DVD yesterday. That's right. Freaking Red Box, right there with "Ivan the Invincible" and other ugly as crap 25th party studio trash.

beaker

Reaction score
so just saw this trailer listed on all the main movie site trailer pages...i think most of us could do better cgi in an hour.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
so just saw this trailer listed on all the main movie site trailer pages...i think most of us could do better cgi in an hour.
WHAT THE FROG WAS THAT?!?!
Anybody can do better CGI than that nowadays, heck if I was practicing CGI right now, I think I can do a WAY better job than what that animation crew is doing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Talk about a wasted concept. At least it's not directly ripping off anything, aside from being a completely lame space opera cliche storm. Closest thing I can think of is Bucky O'Hare, but only because there's that rabbit.

There's no excuse for that animation. Foodfight had all its hardware stolen (by some great, unknown hero) and they had to completely rush the animation to make it look like a crappy PS1 cutscene... this is FAR worse. This is early 90's amateur stuff.

Slackbot

Reaction score
What the...devil was that? In 1990 that might have been decent CGI, but today...Arrgh. It's like a high school CGI class got together, each contributing one character, and then doodled out a story around it for their class project.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sick of the notion that sequel=terrible. A large amount of sequels are actually better (even if arguably) than the first. Kung Fu Panda 2 was superior to the second for having a deeper, richer story (and a less unlikable Tigress), and Shrek 2 is considered the best of the franchise.

Still, garbage like Open Season's DTV films are quite awful... but it's not like the first one was measurably good or enjoyable in the first place.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Wow, that was terrible. What sort of deluded studio could see that and think to themselves, "yeah, this looks good enough to compete at the box office." Maybe this movie is someone's tax write-off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure, much like Dinotime, there's NO WAY this is going to hit theaters.