The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gonna be honest, Oogieloves kind of looks interesting in a bizarre 3 in the morning sort of way. Of course I love weird quirky films like Howard The Duck, Meet The Hollowheads, Earth Girls Are Easy, Dr Otto and the Riddle of the Glowbeam(the first Ernest film), Ernest goes to Jail, Dark Backwards, Meet The Feebles, Human Highway, etc. so I actually would watch Oogieloves just for the oddballness.
Don't. I saw some review of the movie where someone saw it for craps anbd giggles, but ended up entirely depressed and worn out from the experiance. It doesn't even look so bad it's good. it looks so bad it's terrible.

I actually had fun at turbo. Granted all I had to do was walk across the street to this new theater and I had a free pass to see it in 3D. I liked it how I like those quarter motion simulator CGI rides at arcades. Compared to all the films in this thread, Turbo is like Toy Story 3.
Yeah. it was a fun movie and all, and Samuel L Jackson was good in it. Still, it feels like Dreamworks had second thoughts about it after it was made. The concept just didn't appeal to kids, and I only saw it to kill a Sunday. But I did grow to love those Snail character designs. There's something about Turbo's face that reminds me of Earthworm Jim.

Is it off yet? I don't think I'm going to get a chance to see it...
Maybe a huge multiplex might still have it in the (to quote Seinfeld) POW propaganda screening rooms. But it's completely gone from any theater I usually go to. I actually feel sorry for it doing that badly. Thing that beats the heck out of me is that Planes is doing far worse than Turbo did (it only opened at 25 million) and Disney's calling it a win. They are so trying to make talking vehicles happen. Sigh... I really would love to walk into a Disney store, see all thiose Planes on deep discount clearance, and the shelf space going to Grunkle Stan bean bags and Wander over Yonder figure sets.

robodog

Reaction score
Part of me thinks I probably wouldn't buy a Grunkle Stan beanbag because I no longer collect plush. But the part of me that knows that if I came across such a thing I couldn't resist has hogtied the previous part, gagged it and locked it in a closet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I did see 2 Gravity Falls T-shirts at Hot Topic. No Grunkle Stan or Soos, though.

Anyway, yeah... Disney's trying to make Planes look like a success when it did worse than the snail. To give you an idea...

When Turbo wasn't a hit, they stopped advertising anything remotely related to it at once. When Smurfs 2 had a weak box office opening, only the McDonalds commercial remained.

I can't STOP seeing Planes video games and Target commercials.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really shouldn't go looking for examples off of TV Tropes...

But:

Okay, first off, that was the most hilariously bad thing I've seen in some time. It took me 10 minutes to watch that because I couldn't take it at one sitting without laughing so hard my heart stops. I couldn't even breathe. Especially that freaking pirate's face.

Secondly, that's reportedly done by one guy, and it STILL looks more professional than that stupid space cartoon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't really find that funny to be honest.

But yeah, it almost looks like one of Sierra's old computer games, like their Ultra Minigolf.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You need a pretty weird sense of humor. The "Curdle DE Blood an' Shiver da Spine" part had me on the floor alone.

Edit... The Last Flight of 1980's CGI official uploads on Youtube have their comments disabled. Make of that what you will.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love Pocoyo. The Spanish series with Japanese influence with an English dub written in the US and narrated by Brits. But more over, they manage to make a CGI cartoon series look like an old Cosgrove Hall (or some such) stop motion series. The show even manages to not be completely annoying when the narrator asks a question and the kids all answer. And Fry manages to be funny and irreverent when he narrates as well.

It's a real beauty of a kid's show. Too bad Dora could never be that playful.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Flash counts as CGI, right?

This is pretty much the worst Flash animated anything of all time, stealing a public domain radio play and slapping TERRIBLE animation, even for one guy, as a clear and utter attempt to cash in off the not that great but at least not in the league of bad Tim Burton movie.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmn5d7

UGH!

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Remember that Last Flight of The Champion movie, yeah it going to be playing in my theater, because I saw a commercial a few hours ago.
WHY!?!?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Flash counts as CGI, right?
Yesiree. On a similar note...

It's almost not even trying to hide the fact that it's ripping off Kung Fu Panda, it even has the joke of overusing the word "legend". The animation is good for Flash standards, though. I was almost expecting a laugh track after that "maybe he had a stroke" line. :rolleyes: