The "You know what?" thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, I remember ,Carlin's gig as Mr. Conductor. That didn't temper his stand-up act at all.
One bit he did on parents worshipping and overindulging their children prompted him to say "**** the children!!!!! And this is Mr. Conductor talking here, I know what I'm talking about!!"
Bless ya, Georgie! 8).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We had DUCKTALES, TALESPIN, TIMON & PUMBAA, and other Disney afternoon series, but you know what I think what have made a great Disney afternoon show? Albatross Air!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For once, Trump actually said something that I could actually get behind: because now, Lena Dunham is among the long list of celebrities saying they'll flee to Canada if Trump wins, to which Trump responded, "Americans will thank me for this."

I may actually vote for Trump now, if it means getting rid of Lena. I mean, they sent up Bieber and won't take him back.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah because a celebrity that slightly annoys you in things you wouldn't watch anyway somehow far outweighs an inexperienced non-politician who went bankrupt multiple times who makes inappropriate, incestuous comments about his daughter, who's only rich because he licenses his name out to things instead of actually running a business, with a short, defensive temper with his finger on the button.

Trump could force Disney to make more episodes of Darkwing Duck and I still wouldn't vote for the guy.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
You guys probably already know I like Trump for President, but that doesn't mean I think everything he does is great. Also, at least he's not that Slimy WITCH Hillary is.
I'd rather have Trump for 4 or 8 years, him do a "ok" job, than have Obama's Third term, which really kind of would be Sanders too. I'm not a big fan of Barrack either. He was up there with being..bad, I'll say as Nixon, Clinton, and although it was forever ago, Warren G. Harding, were.

Also, the thing with this election? There's no candidate that seems completely "sane", except John Kaisch, but, he's stuck around too long for winning 1 state.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Extra marital affairs aside, Clinton was a good president: he kept the country's budget in check, and kept us on good terms with other foreign nations . . . then came G.W., and he screwed all that up, and we ended up with both a recession and a war over in the middle east - both of which Obama has been trying to fix, if the House Republicans would stop getting in his way and cutting him off at every pass.

Drtooth

Reaction score
then came G.W., and he screwed all that up, and we ended up with both a recession and a war over in the middle east - both of which Obama has been trying to fix, if the House Republicans would stop getting in his way and cutting him off at every pass.
Here's the thing I don't get. As far as more recent Republicans go, Nixon was the bad one? I'm not a fan of the guy, but considering Reagan's administration sold weaponry to a hostile nation to fight another hostile nation we were supporting to fund a war between South American Communists and Far Right wing drug dealers (hint, we weren't supporting the communists here), breaking into a hotel to cheat at an election is tantamount to Jaywalking. And Reagan's the right's hero.

Oh, and said hostile country we were helping in the Middle East back then is the one we turned on when the leader when he invaded an oil partner. Not when he was killing his own people, of course. We were BFF's with him.

The one tiny thing I'll give Trump is that at least he's someone on the right saying how much of a freaking idiotic brainless disaster "Iraq War 2: This Time We're Making it Personal" was. Other members of the right still think that was a great idea. Even after the tax payer money it blew, the standing in the world we lost, and nihilistic terrorists it created. If this was just a Vietnam level "we shouldn't have been there, but move on since little of it still effects us as a whole" that's one thing. But the right's never going to get the learning curve that going into these countries, supporting a corrupt puppet government, and royally ticking the population so that either A) they get some far right religious zealot as the new leader that really doesn't like us, thus screwing ourselves later (cough cough what we did in Iran in the 60's lead to the Islamic Revolution cough cough), or B) terrorists that otherwise too afraid of the country's dictator to sneeze out of turn are now able to recruit and spread because of the power vacuum left behind (or what happened with Afghanistan because we had to fight the USSR, technically both their faults).

All I can say is, why the heck didn't the right actually latch onto Ron Paul like the internet in 2007 would have had us think? Republicans should all have moved to Libertarianism because they believe in the same essential things, but with the added bonus of Isolationism. Neo-Cons are not true Republicans, and the Libertarian party is closer to their core beliefs. Neo-Cons want to keep bullying the rest of the world, keep us forever locked in battle with the Middle East (thus creating our own super villains like a lazy comic book plot), and want to keep giving out corporate welfare. Those are not conservative values.

And yeah, I'm sick of the hyperbole of Obama being the worst president. No, Bushy Jr. the spoiled rich kid president was (though his enabling Congressional cronies had a heaping helping of blame too). Say he's mediocre, fine. Say "I disagree with him but by no means do I think he's Hitler" okay... but the "Obama is teh Hitler" is the same stuff spread by the paid opinionheads that gave us "Anyone who doesn't want us to waste trillions of Tax Payer money on someone who was never a threat to us that we helped come into power in the first place is a terrorist sympathizer and probably gay too." Why...Why the heck is anyone still listening to them? They're there to make money by whining and goading. They are far from victims of a liberal government. In fact, with all the money they made off their crayon scribbled manifestos, Obama should be their favorite president.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of the stuff the republicans blame on Obama really isn't his fault at all. Many times the problems they claim they wanted fixed, they end up blocking Obama from trying to fix them and than they blame him for not getting it done.
The amazing thing about Obama is that he seems to always have a plan, no matter what. He thinks ahead.

The problem with Trump is that, well he has so many problems, but a couple of them are, well, he's the exact opposite of Obama. He never thinks about the impractical-ness of what he says and he never goes into detail about how he'll get anything done.
Example, building that wall. He wants to build a big wall to keep Mexican immigrants out and he's going to make Mexico pay for it. But Mexico has made it very clear that they will not pay for it. He can't make them pay for a wall that they don't even want, a wall that would put the country billions of dollars in debt. And if the US pays for it, than we'll be billions of more dollars in debt on top of the trillions of dollars in debt we're already in.

As for the Muslim ban. That's impractical too. He claims it's for our safety and keeping out terrorists, but the thing is, firstly, there are over 200 million people in the middle east, you can't really monitor which ones are Muslim and which ones are not. Secondly, the hugely vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists, so it wouldn't be right to not let them into the country. I think with all the foreigners coming in, if more terrorists could get into the country than they would, but the thing is, I don't think they can.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While we're still on the subject of politics, you know what actually happened to me today? I got a phone call from our local Democratic party, asking if I would take the time to campaign for them . . . you know how? By going around and ringing doorbells.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I realize there are ill-informed in the big parties. And, pretty much every party. I would not be libertarian, for they are culturally liberal. It doesn't take a genius to say ill-informed are on both sides.
Also, I know this site leans a bit left, in terms of the members. I don't.
But, Obama was in Cuba, laughing it up at a Baseball game, instead of addressing terrorism in Belgium. Seriously? Also, he may not be my favorite, he's not even close, although I haven't been around for that many presidents, he's below Bush no. 2. That's just my opinion.
But, I can see something many can't, I will say again. CHINA. A looming Resource War, and it's just starting to pour the foundation to turmoil. The Government can't just pick up the Economy, speaking of China. Things are about to change for the worse in China, and the gov there thinks the Universe revolves around their country. I've been concerned more with China than anything else for a LONG time.