The "You know what?" thread

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
or at Hispanics to go to Mexico and stay there.
Which is silly because, again, Hispanics voted big for Trump. :wink:

Both "sides" don't seem to realize where many of them were coming from with this election. A lot of Cuban Americans for instance have seen the worst of Communism and find the Democratic party a bit naive, to say the least. Of course, that doesn't mean the Republican party is the ideal solution either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Which is silly because, again, Hispanics voted big for Trump. :wink:
And that doesn't make any sense after all of the things he said about them invading our country, bringing crime, drugs, laziness, and rape with them. Likewise, doesn't make any sense how women could vote for him after he's called them fat pigs, and "grades" them on a scale from 0 to 10 based on their breast size, and telling them they'll only make the same amount of money as men "if they actually do a good job."

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I ended up finding this video on YouTube, and as someone from the south, I can sadly say that this is pretty much unfortunately a very accurate representation of the south's mentality of racism:

segregation people got along good ? ***

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And that doesn't make any sense after all of the things he said about them
Well you're right that a lot of Hispanics are angry about what he said. But like I said in my post, a lot of Cuban Americans for instance have seen the worst of Communism and find the Democratic party a bit naive, to say the least. And like I said earlier, a lot of Hispanics are Catholic and don't feel the Democrats respect their beliefs. A lot of working class people in general feel the Democrats can't identify with them. Makes a lot of sense, IMO. Of course, that doesn't mean the Republican party is the ideal solution either.

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
That's pretty much how almost all of his rallies were when he was campaigning . . . is it any surprising that his winning the election would bring about this kind of backlash?
Huh, funny thing... *cough cough Democrats paid people to stir up his rallies and make it look like Trump supporters are violent and snuff cough*

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A lot of people were worried if Trump lost, there would be unrest, anarchy, people yelling "FOUL! The system is rigged!", causing riots and destroying property.
Since Tuesday, protests escalating to riots in Portland, Oregon. Hillary supporters (and some Bernie supporters still mad at how he got the shaft) acting the exact same way people expected Trump supporters to act.
If Trump lost, and his followers acted this way, the New York Times would be the first one blaring headlines of how hateful, violent, and antisocial Trump is and how he inspires his followers.
Now Hillary's voters demonstrating that same... for lack of a better word.... DEPLORABLE behavior.
There was an election. Democracy at work. Trump won by about 400,000 votes. He just squeaked by.
Hillary conceded with a lot more grace and dignity than I give her credit for. And she, Obama, and Trump have all called for cooler heads to prevail.

Meanwhile, law students at Yale University held a " Cry-In" for those who couldn't handle Wednesday's news, and were excused from taking midterms because the election's outcome didn't meet their expectations.
Big wake-up call for Generation Cupcake.
You are studying to be lawyers. How are you going to cope in court first time you don't win your case?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In other news, law students at Yale University held a " Cry-In" for those who couldn't handle Wednesday's news, and were excused from taking midterms because the election's outcome didn't meet their expectations.
For the record, a Yale professor wrote to The O'Reilly Factor the other day, clarifying that the students would still be required to make up the exams.

Are they overreacting? Yes, absolutely. But it's not as bad as some news outlets are making it out to be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No doubt about it that this was one effed-up election, nobody who won or lost, there was a guarantee that a certain group of supporters were certainly going to protest the outcome, regardless of who one. And yes, it's true, a lot of people have been burned (no pun intended) over Bernie not getting the nomination . . . I mean, gee whiz, for months, my cousin and his wife went on and on and on and on about how Bernie should have gotten it instead of Hillary, and that we needed to sign this petition and that petition to have the nomination taken away from Hillary and given to Bernie, blah-blah-blah.

That being said, I haven't heard about these protests escalating into riots, but I suppose I wouldn't put it past them. As upset as I am about Drumph winning the election, I'm not about to run around town, holding up signs, and screaming my lungs out, because what exactly do these protests accomplish, anyway? Did Occupy Wallstreet and its spin-offs accomplish anything? Have Black Lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, and All Lives Didn't Matter accomplished anything? And where, exactly, do people find the freetime to protest anyway? Do they go into work and ask their bosses for some time off so they can go out protesting? Do they get paid leave? Conversely, I have heard the KKK have been holding big victory parties in certain towns, which doesn't surprise me a bit. I'm sure the American Neo-Nazi party has been celebrating as well. I was eating at a Chinese restaurant last night (one I go to frequently), and a number of different groups were there as well: Hispanics, blacks, and rednecks. It was difficult to even look at them - well, the former two groups, that is - knowing they probably feel more oppressed and hopeless than ever before because of the outcome . . . meanwhile, the rednecks were having a ball, talking loudly, eating like pigs, and belching out loud for all to hear.

So again, I'm definitely displeased about the outcome of the election, but I'm certainly not going to protest or anything. If anything, I'm just basically going to "forefeit" my American patriotism (which has long been hanging by a thread anyway), knowing that this isn't the United States, but the Divided States, and that America isn't the land of opportunity for anyone to be anything they wish to be. The election (and not just the outcome) has proven that this country has not accomplished anything in terms of racial harmony, equal rights, or unity, as it's often romanticized about being. I mean when other parts of the world, like Canada, the U.K., France, Australia, even Germany are looking at us and scratching their heads at why we are the way we are, that's pretty sad. Granted, America's history has always been sketchy, but America has always been idealized as the kind of place the rest of the world wishes it could be . . . now we've reached a point where it's pretty much the reverse, the rest of the world wishes we'd get our heads out of our butts and grow up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The episode of THE ODD COUPLE where Felix and Oscar appear on PASSWORD is considered by the many to be the greatest episode of the (70s) series . . . but, I really don't see why it's so great. Then again, I've never seen PASSWORD before, that was well before my time, so I guess I wouldn't be able to appreciate the crossover.