1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The "You know what?" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Hot pizza and cold beer- perfect.
    Cold pizza- okay
    Warm beer- heave!!!!

Actually on the subject of hot drinks- don't laugh- hot jello!

If you make jello, you boil a cup of water, add the powder, let it dissolve, add another cup of water, stir real good.
    Pour into a cup, and bottoms up. Next time you have a sore throat, the jello will coat and soothe your throat like nothing else. Works on headaches and stomach aches too.

Don't knock it til you try it.

LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

oh god I dont even want to think about what that would do to my gag reflex

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I can't comment on hot Jell-O, however, I like my Jell-O . . . well, not completely firm, y'know? Like, you know how the directions on the box say let it chill for at least four hours to let it get good and firm? Well, I'll let it chill for, say three hours instead, because I find the firmer Jell-O, the more it loses its flavor . . . plus, I don't care for the texture of really firm Jell-O, I like a little softness to it.

Now, how do you guys feel about eggs? For me, I have very specific preferences when it comes to eggs, and how you cook them . . . basically, I don't like my eggs cooked too long in any style:

- Scrambled: I like them soft, fluffy, and light yellow. This is why I can never eat breakfast sandwiches, because the egg is always cooked so hard, it's like eating a sponge.
    - Fried/sunny-side up/poached: Likewise, I like them over easy . . . if I see of those brown whiskers around the edges of them, I won't touch 'em. This is why I never can order eggs in a restaurant, because they always over cook them.
    - Boiled: I'm a little more flexible with boiled eggs. Generally, I also prefer them with nice, gooey, runny yolk in the middle, but it's extremely difficult to boil eggs just right that you can peel them without the egg itself squishing. So, I can certainly do eggs that have been boiled a little longer than say four or five minutes, but not really hard boiled like ten or twenty - then they're like eating little rubber bouncy balls.

fuzzygobo likes this.
  4. Sgt Floyd

im the complete opposite. I need my eggs cooked so that everything is completely solid. if the egg is even a little bit runny i can't eat it. but I also really hate egg yolks so...

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Ooh, me too. Yolks are actually the most healthy part of the egg, but to me... it's so gross. If it's undercooked it's just runny and disgusting, but if it's cooked it is so, so dry. The only way that I will eat the yolk is when I pair it with the egg white; then it tastes okay at best.

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I hate cooking eggs.

Fried, sure, no problem. Scrambled? Can never get them cooked properly.

7. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Scrambled eggs are very easy to overcook. The last minute they really need to be watched.

Nothing worse than hard boiled eggs that smell like sulfur.

8. D'Snowth

So . . . how do you guys like your steaks?

Just show 'em the fire - I like mine rare . . . they gotta scream when you cut into them.

fuzzygobo likes this.
  9. LittleJerry92

Nope.

Well done.

With potatoes.

10. D'Snowth

Ah yes, potatoes. Ever had the loaded mashed potatoes at Texas Roadhouse? Good stuff.

11. Sgt Floyd

well done...though im not gonna scream if theres a sliver of pink

steak with mushrooms is the best

12. LittleJerry92

Sadly haven't been to a Texas Roadhouse yet. :smirk: it's on my to do list though. I heard the bread rolls were good.

:grouchy:

13. D'Snowth

I like shrooms as well. :p

14. LittleJerry92

Snowth... You've done shrooms?

What was the experience like?

15. D'Snowth

Not those shrooms! :p

16. LittleJerry92

Oh jeez... Now I'm trying to picture you on shrooms...

Very, very paranoid. A bunch of Donald Trump's are chasing you in the distance.

17. D'Snowth

Well, to tell you the truth, I went through a very, very paranoid period once when I was a teenager: I was on an acne medication that had such severe side effects that the administering of the medication was monitored by the government, because the side effects included: depression, mood swings, paranoia, thoughts of suicide, among others . . . and I had all but the suicidal thoughts. I mean I was fifteen and sleeping with the hall lights on. :smirk:

18. LittleJerry92

Oh, I do recall you mentioning that.

That sucks about the mood swings though. Could relate to that when I was going through them for a couple months after finishing college (and let me just say, therapy did NOT help at all for me).

It did suck though cause I felt like I wanted to commit suicide at one point. But overall, 2017 was just not my year at all.

Also, on another note, 15 and 16 were probably the really weirdest ages for me. That's probably when I was the stupidest during my teenage years. 17-19 I was just very salty. :smirk:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  19. LittleJerry92

You know what's pretty annoying?

When you have some kind of creative idea, but don't have the tools to come up with it yet. But when you got them, you realize someone else had the same idea as you and did it and then you're just like

:grr:

Froggy Fool likes this.
  20. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

That is so true!! Like, once I had this idea for this cel animation series but I can't draw and don't have any of the materials! It was so annoying because I wanted to make it so bad. I mean, looking back on it, the idea sucked and was basically a blander version of Looney Tunes, but yeah it bugged me so much!!!