The "You know what?" thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Obama talking about how he could have beaten Drumph and "mobilized" America if he had a third term? Wow, Mr. President, I thought you had a little more dignity and class than that.
Well, I certainly understand why he's tired and upset. He's been working hard, fighting basically half the country to help the country and than here comes Trump who threatens to basically undo everything he's been working towards for almost a decade.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
PBS doesn't play ARTHUR anymore (well, my PBS has moved it to a 6:30am death slot, and even so, the good older seasons weren't shown very frequently anyway), truTV doesn't play WORLD'S DUMBEST... anymore, TBS doesn't play SEINFELD anymore (never thought I'd live to see that happen).

There's pretty much absolutely nothing to watch on TV anymore.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
PBS doesn't play ARTHUR anymore (well, my PBS has moved it to a 6:30am death slot, and even so, the good older seasons weren't shown very frequently anyway), truTV doesn't play WORLD'S DUMBEST... anymore, TBS doesn't play SEINFELD anymore (never thought I'd live to see that happen).

I have to agree with you on that one.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Well, you could always get into a newer show. I've just jumped on the "Stranger Things" bandwagon and I enjoy it a lot more than I expected to. The whole show basically plays like a a long movie. All the characters are compelling and well-rounded, and each of them serve a purpose to the plot. The show's funny and suspenseful and the child actors are really really good. There's a lot of Stephen King and Stephen Spielberg elements to it as well, and the overall look of the show is beautiful.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, I certainly understand why he's tired and upset. He's been working hard, fighting basically half the country to help the country and than here comes Trump who threatens to basically undo everything he's been working towards for almost a decade.
One place where Trump actually did something where Obama dropped the ball. If you remember the floods in Louisiana this summer. Louisiana was a disaster area, and Obama didn't respond because he was too busy playing golf.
At least Trump (and much later, Hillary) stepped in to give relief to such a badly-hit area. Didn't put Obama in the best light, but he can't blame Trump for that. All he had to do was put down his five-iron and do something..... anything!
Obama seems so preoccupied with what his legacy is going to be. Maybe the people of Louisiana (or Chicago) will give him something to think about.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you remember the floods in Louisiana this summer.
Yeah, I don't. I guess we were too selfishly concerning ourselves with the drought that had been plaguing us since this summer and has only started improving within the last couple of weeks - and this on top of the wildfires that surrounded the city of Gatlinburg last month.
Louisiana was a disaster area, and Obama didn't respond because he was too busy playing golf.
At least Trump (and much later, Hillary) stepped in to give relief to such a badly-hit area.
Ah, but remember: Bush didn't do anything when they were slammed by Katrina. He even refused aid from our allies because he was all, "We can't take no chances, you might be turrists!"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And that was cold comfort for the flood victims who lost everything.
This is a simple test for any president. Show you have leadership abilities and in the name of all that's reasonable....LEAD!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I keep forgetting we lost the frown thread, and we still can't start a new one till after the New Year, so I'll just share this at random, but I can see where the days are starting to get longer already: it's not completely dark by 6:00 anymore. :smirk:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I can see where the days are starting to get longer already: it's not completely dark by 6:00 anymore. :smirk:
I'm actually quite happy about that. I never could get used to it being dark at five o' clock.