The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It doesn't help that Trump's gone bankrupt on his businesses multiple times, on top of this idea that he has that America will be better if it's run like a business rather than a country . . . and considering it a looong time for Obama to get the economy back on track after Bush royally crashed it, I can't imagine a world of screw that we're in for.

cjd874

Reaction score
It doesn't help that Trump's gone bankrupt on his businesses multiple times, on top of this idea that he has that America will be better if it's run like a business rather than a country . . . and considering it a looong time for Obama to get the economy back on track after Bush royally crashed it, I can't imagine a world of screw that we're in for.
Yeah...running a country just isn't the same as running a business, a university, or a beauty pageant, is it? There's been too much shadiness and inconsistency with Trump's campaign. Yet he seems to think, "I can't do any worse than Obama." I'm tempted to say "Bull____" and leave it at that. But only time will tell what happens. We can make tons of educated guesses about what he'll do, but until we actually see Trump in action, we just have to wait it out and see what he does.

Censored

Reaction score
As the saying goes, "that's politics." It may sound cynical, jaded, unapologetic, and unsympathetic, but it's just the way it is. You seem to refuse to understand this as you continue to bellyache over this in every thread.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Back to the Future Part II, 2015 Biff figures out that Doc built a time machine. But wouldn't it be great if he'd figured out at that point that Marty and "Calvin Klein" are the same person, only in different points of time? Maybe he could have even told his young self to give "Calvin" an extra hard time (explaining why he still had it in for him after George had knocked him out).

Another thing: When Marty trips and then punches Biff at the diner, he starts chasing Marty and begins his hatred of him (after having it in for him a few times earlier), but when George knocks him out, he no longer bullies George. Okay, so maybe those are a little different (especially since George knocked Biff out unconcious).

I know that the current Back to the Future comic book series features backstories and alternate stuff not shown in the movies (I've recently obtained the first two trade paperbacks, both are great). I'd like to see a series of comics showing how Biff was like between the time George knocked him out and 1985, in the timelines with and without the Sports Almanac. Maybe show if he was indeed scared of George at first, or if he struggled to bully others, maybe leading to him starting his auto detailing business and being a friend/customer to George McFly. And one detailing him after the punch, him no longer bullying George, what lead to him betting for the first time, showing him starting his ruling the town and what lead to him murdering George (I've read it was because George was going to protest his policies, but I wonder if he had wanted to kill George before that, for finally being able to stand up to him), and what his marriage proposal to Lorraine was like. I'd also like to see a comic showing Biff and George's relationship between 1955 and 1985 before Marty went back in time (one thing I'm really curious about is whether he tried to stop the wedding between George and Lorraine in the timeline where he was still able to dominate George).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
JUST FOR LAUGHS seems to be the Canadian version of CANDID CAMERA.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So in Billy Madison, the title character had previously only graduated school because his father had paid all of his teachers to give him good grades.

It's also clear that he doesn't have a drivers license, as he takes the bus to school and is never shown driving.

So I guess his father didn't pay Billy's drivers ed instructor to pass him. That would be one thing he didn't pay for. Then again, compared to all other classes, it would be a lot more dangerous to just bribe the drivers ed teacher to pass your kid regardless of whether he's good at it.

On the other hand, maybe the drivers ed teacher did not accept bribe money. Or maybe his father did pay for Billy to pass drivers ed and the authorities took away his license.

Or maybe Billy's father convinced him that he didn't need to drive. After all, they are rich, Billy might have just decided to rely on limos.

Of course neither of Billy's friends are ever shown to drive, either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Interestingly, Facebook has been recommending quite a number of Sesame people to me for friend requests, including Jim Martin, Tyler Bunch, John Kennedy, Frank Biondo, and even Tau Bennett; I've sent friend requests to them, and so far Jim, John, and Tau have accepted.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a question:why do they put the Devil (who is the embodiment of hate and is the exact opposite of love and all things good) on Valentine's Day merchandise. It really doesn't seem right to me;they should put angels on Valentine's Day stuff. If a girl gave me a stuffed animal of the Devil on Valentine's Day, I'd take it personally and assume she's calling me evil. There's nothing wrong with having stuff like that on Halloween, but Valentine's Day is definitely pushing it.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I'm actually starting to get middle-aged spread already: I've noticed I've been getting wider through the middle in a way I never have before, almost like I've got Hartman Hips going on.