The "You know what?" thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Y'know, I was just thinking (whaaat??:eek:). Jon Stone really didn't like the changes SST made during it's "Around the Corner" era, or the changes Caroll Spinney made to Oscar. I have a feeling, had he been alive he probably would've hated the format change in season 33, and he might've had a heart attack after Cookie Monster learned cookies were a sometime food.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've often wondered about that myself, and I really have a feeling his sentiments would be similar to what Joey's is of the show now, in that it lost its heart and soul. And what about the changes made to the set recently? I have a feeling he'd like that Hooper's Store has been retroactively redesigned, but what he think of the Arbor suddenly facing a large bridge that's never been seen before, or that Oscar's trashcan set up is now in the dumpster in front of 123, or that Big Bird's construction doors are gone and his nest is now in a big tree? Then again, I'm curious as to how Victor DiNapoli feels about the changes that were made to the set follow his exit and David Gallo's entrance? Because up until David's entrance, Victor's idea was to keep updating and modernizing the set to reflect the gentrifaction happening in the urban landscape for the benefit of the kids watching who might better recognize a community laundromat and a slick convenience store, as opposed to a little mom-and-pop fix-it shop and a little candy/soda shop that are kind of relics of the past; whereas David basically tried to bring the street back to its grittier urban roots.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that the current Back to the Future comic book series features backstories and alternate stuff not shown in the movies (I've recently obtained the first two trade paperbacks, both are great). I'd like to see a series of comics showing how Biff was like between the time George knocked him out and 1985, in the timelines with and without the Sports Almanac. Maybe show if he was indeed scared of George at first, or if he struggled to bully others, maybe leading to him starting his auto detailing business and being a friend/customer to George McFly. And one detailing him after the punch, him no longer bullying George, what lead to him betting for the first time, showing him starting his ruling the town and what lead to him murdering George (I've read it was because George was going to protest his policies, but I wonder if he had wanted to kill George before that, for finally being able to stand up to him), and what his marriage proposal to Lorraine was like. I'd also like to see a comic showing Biff and George's relationship between 1955 and 1985 before Marty went back in time (one thing I'm really curious about is whether he tried to stop the wedding between George and Lorraine in the timeline where he was still able to dominate George).
After I posted this, I looked online and saw that the current BttF storyline indeed involves Biff getting the Sports Almanac and creating the alternate timeline. I don't know why I didn't say this earlier when I found out. I think I'll wait for the trade paperback.

Still, I hope that somewhere down the line (maybe as the last issue of this storyline, or perhaps a "one shot") they do something involving the good timeline where Biff is pretty much nice.

I also saw that after this storyline will be one involving Uncle Joey. Which reminds me of something I recently thought about: Uncle Joey is in prision in both the original 1985 and the bad 1985... But he is never mentioned in the improved 1985 or in 2015, so we really don't know whether he's still in jail in the improved timeline (though it's implied that he wants to be in jail, judging by the fact that he always cried when taken out of his playpin as a baby and the original "Number Two" draft for the sequel had it mentioned that, in 1967, he locked himself in his room with only bread and water to eat/drink). Of course going by the description of the comic story I'm assuming he is still in jail in the good timeline.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm guessing Opera may have finally updated how the browser utilizes ICC color profiles - it's hard to tell, but it looks like videos are now displaying correct colors. Still, different tests online are giving different results as to whether or not Opera is handling ICC Version 4 color profiles.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this years ago, because when I was a kid and discovered Casey Jr. was voiced by a woman, my thinking was that had gotten some sort of an evil, chainsmoking octogenarian for that voice.

Then again, Kevin Clash said people had often assumed Elmo was playing by a short, bespectacled, bald man who spoke in a naturally high falscetto voice.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this years ago, because when I was a kid and discovered Casey Jr. was voiced by a woman, my thinking was that had gotten some sort of an evil, chainsmoking octogenarian for that voice.
Oh yeah, I remember seeing that one. The Reluctant Dragon was a really fantastic insight into how things used to be (and in some cases still are) run at Disney. My favorite part was seeing Clarence Nash sing in his Donald voice with the lady that played that big chicken.

I wonder if there's a way to recreate that train voice effect digitally.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually witnessed a protest in my town last night, however, it seemed more like a candle-light vigil mourning the loss of clean water than an actual protest.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The song "One Less Bell to Answer" has this line:
"Though I try to forget, it just can't be done. Each time the doorbell rings, I still run."

So each time the doorbell rings, she still runs. Does she run to the doorbell (in excitement that he'll be at the door), or does she run away from the door (not wanting him to see if she's in there)?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I think that something is wrong with Firefox on my computer. Because I constantly have to keep closing Firefox out every single time and reopening the program again which I shouldn't even have to do at all.